Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butler's Pantry sink counter

Posted by mtnrdredux (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 16:36

I only have a small amount of traditional countertop in my new kitchen. Most of the kitchen is unfitted, and will be butcher block, or a table, or a double drainboard sink.

The adjoining Butler's pantry has a sink wall that is only 8' wide or so. It is being rebuilt, so there I do need a counter (the rest of the Butler's pantry will retain its original wooden counter.

The floor (posted in a thread below) will be grey and white checkerboard.
I was thinking of Corian countertop, and drawn to two colors, Azurite and Mint Ice.

Mint ice is shown in the link, and installed on the wall here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Corian mint ice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butler's Pantry sink counter

Hmmmmm, I always have to wonder about colors when putting in anything permanent~I'm not a risk taker where anything for my home is concerned. My personal life, yes!!! lol Maybe painting the sink wall that color might be better??

o

Stainless steel with an integrated drainboard and sink would be perfect for a butler's pantry. Then paint the cabinets that pretty mint green!

o

Patty, that's what emboldens me -- it's only a sink wall in the Butler's Pantry. If I hate it I can rip it out. What I'd really like is linen look formica in an aqua, like this house ... but its not available

Holly, that might feel too much like the main kitchen area, which will have a white porcelain double drainboard sink.

o

Hmm, I found some photos of mint ice and it looks, i dunno, Miami Vice? Maybe I should try Azurite?

o

We had a butler's pantry in our last home (1931 build). The counters were granite, in a dark black with flecks.

It was perfect.

No granite in the kitchen, but the granite in the BP gave it a nice masculine vibe great for serving cocktails at parties.

o

Julie,

We will use the home mostly in the summer and it is seaside, so I am trying to go with more colorful choices then I usually opt for; it doesn't come easy to me!

o

Have you explored Pionite? They make laminates in a variety of colors and finishes. You pick a color and pick a finish. One color that might work for you is called Surfin USA, and it can be had in an embossed linen finish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pionite P2 Collection

o

Suero, that looks very cool! ANd a linen finish! Thanks

o

Very hard to find a Pionite source!

Plus the post someone has above about distributing color got me thinking --- tile comes in nearly infinite colors, maybe I should do a tile counter.

o

I know nothing about this company. I got the name of the distributor from the Panolam website:
Pionite: Maine
B & A Tops
32 Sanford Drive
Gorham, ME 4038
Fax: 207.854.1902

o

Thanks, Suero, I did see that. But it is an hour from our home in Maine. And there is no one near us in Fairfield Cty Ct, either. We don't go to Maine often and when we do don't want to be travelling all over to look at counters ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here