Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Butler's Pantry sink counter

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

I only have a small amount of traditional countertop in my new kitchen. Most of the kitchen is unfitted, and will be butcher block, or a table, or a double drainboard sink.

The adjoining Butler's pantry has a sink wall that is only 8' wide or so. It is being rebuilt, so there I do need a counter (the rest of the Butler's pantry will retain its original wooden counter.

The floor (posted in a thread below) will be grey and white checkerboard.
I was thinking of Corian countertop, and drawn to two colors, Azurite and Mint Ice.

Mint ice is shown in the link, and installed on the wall here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Corian mint ice

Comments (11)

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Hmmmmm, I always have to wonder about colors when putting in anything permanent~I'm not a risk taker where anything for my home is concerned. My personal life, yes!!! lol Maybe painting the sink wall that color might be better??

• _sophiewheeler
    10 years ago

Stainless steel with an integrated drainboard and sink would be perfect for a butler's pantry. Then paint the cabinets that pretty mint green!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Patty, that's what emboldens me -- it's only a sink wall in the Butler's Pantry. If I hate it I can rip it out. What I'd really like is linen look formica in an aqua, like this house ... but its not available

Holly, that might feel too much like the main kitchen area, which will have a white porcelain double drainboard sink.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmm, I found some photos of mint ice and it looks, i dunno, Miami Vice? Maybe I should try Azurite?

• juliekcmo
    10 years ago

We had a butler's pantry in our last home (1931 build). The counters were granite, in a dark black with flecks.

It was perfect.

No granite in the kitchen, but the granite in the BP gave it a nice masculine vibe great for serving cocktails at parties.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Julie,

We will use the home mostly in the summer and it is seaside, so I am trying to go with more colorful choices then I usually opt for; it doesn't come easy to me!

• suero
    10 years ago

Have you explored Pionite? They make laminates in a variety of colors and finishes. You pick a color and pick a finish. One color that might work for you is called Surfin USA, and it can be had in an embossed linen finish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pionite P2 Collection

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Suero, that looks very cool! ANd a linen finish! Thanks

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Very hard to find a Pionite source!

Plus the post someone has above about distributing color got me thinking --- tile comes in nearly infinite colors, maybe I should do a tile counter.

• suero
    10 years ago

I know nothing about this company. I got the name of the distributor from the Panolam website:
    Pionite: Maine
    B & A Tops
    32 Sanford Drive
    Gorham, ME 4038
    Fax: 207.854.1902

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Suero, I did see that. But it is an hour from our home in Maine. And there is no one near us in Fairfield Cty Ct, either. We don't go to Maine often and when we do don't want to be travelling all over to look at counters ...