Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theredhouse_gw

1 house, 2 house, red house, new house!

TheRedHouse
9 years ago

At long last, I'm buying a new-to-us house. We won't be moving for a few months. After we close, I'd like to get as much painting done as possible while the rooms are empty.

The kitchen has me kind of perplexed. It's a south-facing room, but there's a covered deck blocking a lot of the light. I'm certain the cover makes it much easier to enjoy the deck, but it does make the kitchen dark. In addition, the floors and cabinetry are red oak and the appliances are black. The counters are dark green quartz, but it's a very blue green.

I'm not certain where to go with this mix of warm and cool, especially under low light conditions. Eventually, we'll give the kitchen a make-over or remodel it, so for now, I'm only willing to paint and have a roman shade made. I'm hoping a fabric can help tie things together. The kitchen is open to an eating area and family room that are very sunny and bright.

This is what I'm thinking so far.I chose F&B colors for simplicity. I'm open to any brand. I've only included a tiny slice of the room because the house isn't mine yet. I'd love some feedback and/or suggestions. I'm willing to go in a totally different direction too.

Comments (6)