Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiwigem_gw

Which size gas fireplace to order?

Kiwigem
9 years ago

Hi, everyone! Finally getting back into the swing of things after a month of being sick- oy. We need to order our fireplace in the next day or two. I know which product we want, but I'm a little stymied on size. The fireplace is going at the end of the room 17.5' wall with 37" wide windows on either side. Long walls are 24'. The fireplace is going to be raised off the floor with no hearth (for now) and surrounded by drywall in a Scandy modern style (might be surrounded by cedar if we have enough left over from the siding) . The chimney breast (only a few inches deep- we could get rid of it if we wanted) is 5'3" wide. The fireplace is the Montigo HR series (clean faced with river rocks) and we are trying to decide between the 34" (really slightly smaller) and the 38". I'm attaching two scale renderings of each on the wall.

The room is going to have multiple focal points: fireplace at one end, 8' high sliders and baby grand (hopefully) at the other and the TV (trying to downplay it, though) on one of the long walls.

Any input as to which size? I don't want it to be skimpy, but I don't want it to be garish either. Oversized gas fireplaces sometimes come off like big screen TV's to me and I definitely want to avoid that.

First image is 38"

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH