Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiwihouse_gw

Best green for a kitchen?

kiwihouse
15 years ago

We have white cabinets/black counter and the kitchen has a pass through into dining room. What would be the best green for the kitchen? Kennebunkport green?? Also should I do the same paint in the dining room for continuity?? Is there one that would work with the blush curtains we would like to use? Please help - any advice would be very much appreciated!!

http://s545.photobucket.com/albums/hh400/kiwihouse/

Comments (15)

• mom2girls_2008
    15 years ago

My kitchen is painted bm sherwood green which is one up (darker) than kittery green. I have older oak cabinets but i really love the sherwood green and think it would look great in your kitchen with the black and white. I used kittery green in my dining room..perhaps you can do the same..just a few shades lighter than the sherwood green. I dont think both rooms need to be the same color. I have since repainted the dining room to behr winter wheat so that it complements both the living room and kitchen.. I will look for some pics but my daughter is away with my camera so I cant take a new picture right now.. I'll post some pics as soon as I can..

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

In a previous white / black kitchen I had BM Pear Green and I LOVED it!!! I thought it was such a happy green without being either insipid or obnoxious.

Happy painting!

• mom2girls_2008
    15 years ago

kiwi: for now this is the only picture i have available showing the sherwood green in the kitchen.. hope it helps :) don't mind our power ranger atop the refrig.. he's been up there for 10 years or more.. he guards the house!! lol

• ideamom
    15 years ago

We have SW clary sage in our kitchen with cream cabinets.

• patty_cakes
    15 years ago

I helped a friend do his SW Koi Pond. It was gorgeous and made the room come alive. He had those orange-y looking cabinets so I knew I had to choose something opposite on the color wheel. ;o)

• daisyadair
    15 years ago

My kitchen
    is Laura Ashley Olive3. I think it's very muted, and goes great with our black countertops and white backsplash.

• Sueb20
    15 years ago

My friend has the same colors in her kitchen and also has Laura Ashley Olive -- not sure which number, though (I think it's either 2 or 3). It looks great.

• patricianat
    15 years ago

Dry Sage, BM.
    Misted Green, BM.

• hoosiergirl
    15 years ago

I don't know the *best* green for a kitchen, but we're happy with ours. It's Delta Green by Porter Paints. In the DR (you can see peeking through in the center), we used Hatteras Gray also by Porter. This is an older pic just after we moved in and hadn't even filled the cabinets yet.

• hoosiergirl
    15 years ago

This is probably a more accurate representation of the true color (it looked a little washed out to me in the other pic and the gray looked more blue than it is IRL):

• DLM2000-GW
    15 years ago

**Best** depends on the situation, amount and type of light both natural and artificial and what you like. My kitchen/family room is painted Paris Rain.
    {{!gwi}}

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

I really love this green in this kitchen.
    It's from orchidluver house -- you can ask her on kitchen forum! I think she listed the color on the post but I forgot the name.

{{gwi:1541084}}

I almost painted our kitchen the same dark green but ended up w/ light blue instead.

• bellaflora
    15 years ago

I found it on finished kitchen blog

Here is a link that might be useful: link to kitchen

• parma42
    15 years ago

dlm2000, so it's you who has the Paris Rain!

I can't tell you how many times I've shown a pic of your room to someone looking for a color like that and never paid attention to the name on the post.

I just love it!

• equest17
    15 years ago

I used BM Nantucket Gray, which is definitely a sage-y olive green, not gray. It comes in the little sample pots so you can test cheaply. I tested it side by side with SW Svelte Sage; they are very close but Nantucket it a bit more olive and sophisticated in my north facing kitchen. I paired it with cinnamon glazed maple cabinets, but I think it would look lovely with white or cream cabs also.