Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best paint for Master bath with carerra marble.

Posted by kiwihouse (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 5, 09 at 16:13

What paint would you use? We have basketweave marble on floor and carerra tile on shower wall. Was thinking a grey but can't find a good BM gray. Any suggestions? Light blue? Any good grays? Tried Litchfield grey and it did not loook gray at all to me!
THANKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best paint for Master bath with carerra marble.

We used BM Pearl River (a sheer grey with blue tones) and I LOVE it with our marble. (We have calacatta but it's grey, like carrara -- not the gold one usually associates with calacatta.) It is v. cool in tone.

o

We are planning to use BM grey wisp. It is the same as Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage. Sometimes looks grey, sometimes, blue, sometimes green. Depends on the lighting.

o

Checked on the online paint program on the Benjamin Moore website -- here's some ideas:

"Sandy Hook Gray" (HC-108)

"Silver Satin" (CC-#856)

"Apparition" (CC-#860)

"Victorian Garden" (CC-#1531)

"Gargoyle" (CC-#1546)

"Silver Song" (CC-#1557)

Maybe one of these would work?

Hope this helps!

Jan

P.S> here's a link to the site -- just scroll down the page and click on "Paint Now" under the Personal Color Viewer. Then choose a room -- and try some colors from the pulldown chart.

Here is a link that might be useful: Benjamin Moore paint site

o

Oh, I went thru this. All the greys looked great at the store but when I put them on the walls next to the carrera they looked yellowy and ugly. I finally found Moonshine by BM. Titanium was okay too but I liked moonshine best. I can't remember all the names of the ones I tried that didn't work, but I know silver satin was one of them.

I also ordered a sample of the lightest grey in the Silver Satin line from Restoration Hardware and it was great too but almost an exact match for Moonshine. We have BM's grey wisp as an accent colour (same as RH's silver sage) and the two go together nicely.

o

I went a completely different direction with a pinkish color. It's from C2, I think the color is called Slipstream. It's not pink or beige but sort of some combination. NOT "pink" at all. My cabinets are dark cherry. Cool colors like gray don't seem to work in my house, our winters are too dark and long.

o

BM Beachglass is a light blue gray that looks great with marble!

o

kiwihouse, someone directed me to this thread when I was asking about greys for DD's bath--which grey did you end up choosing? (and are you in NZ? If so, as a huge Finn fan I'm intensely jealous :))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here