Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peace_rose_gw

Fernwood Green in the Living Room?

peace_rose
13 years ago

I "backed into" our current color scheme: previous owner's yellow paint choice, hand-me-down navy blue couch, and large icons with rusty red borders. Since I've never been crazy about the yellow walls anyway, I'm taking this opportunity to change them to green. I don't like the blue couch much either, but I'm thinking a relaxing green color will help things blend better. There are green tones in the area rug and artwork, too. Anyhow, here's a picture of the current set up:

See the green towel and sweatshirt laying on the couch? They are my "inspiration". (Sorry for not cleaning up before I invited you over :). You can even see the paint chips taped to the wall next to the icon. I've got it narrowed down to BM Fernwood Green 2145-40 or Georgian Green HC 115, but I could be persuaded otherwise. The walls wrap around and intersect with a hallway that's painted Monroe Bisque (BM HC 26) and then lead to the kitchen, with Navajo White walls and White Dove cabinetry.

Our budget has been drained by building the new kitchen and bath addition and I didn't expect to be painting the living room anyway. But when we drywalled to tie everything in we needed to touch up the walls and discovered we are out of the original yellow! So this is my one and only chance to justify to DH the need to repaint!

Here's the view down the short (Monroe Bisque) hallway leading to the dining room/kitchen:

I couldn't have gotten this far without the invaluable advice from the folks over in the kitchen forum. Now I'm at your mercy! Thank you!

Peace_Rose

Comments (6)