Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annz3

wool mattress pad recommendations

annz3
9 years ago

After reading the comments on here regarding Rough Linen's sheets I ordered a set this morning. (I love the pinafore I got from them a couple months ago!) So now I am thinking of softening up my mattress with a wool mattress pad. Can anyone tell me about one they have bought and give advice on who might be a good supplier?

Comments (11)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Do you want the kind where the wool/fleece is exposed, like the pic below, or a wool-filled mattress pad, like the Natura topper?

• theclose
    9 years ago

I have been using a Cuddle Ewe on my bed since the mid 90s. Just ordered my third one. They really only should last about 5 years but our last one we used for just shy of 10 years although we should have replaced it sooner. We love it. My mother put one on every bed in her house way back when. Makes you not want to get out of bed!

http://www.cuddleewe.com/

• annz3
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I would like one that is enclosed in a cover. I'll check out cuddleewe.com...thank you

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I have to say, if they'd had this when I bought my wool-filled topper, I would have bought this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Natural wool topper

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Hmmmâ¦I was going to post a second one with the Natural wool-filled pad I bought, but it looks like they're not making it any longer.

• sas95
    9 years ago

We have a St. Dormeir wool mattress pad, and we like it very much.

{{gwi:2138975}}

Here is a link that might be useful: St. Dormeir

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Sas, I also have the St. Dormier pad and the pillow cover and I like them too, but I didn't get the sense that that is what the OP is looking for. Maybe I'mt wrong. The St. Dormier is thin. It is terry with wool fill, but it's not by any means a dense wool fill at all. Just so she's aware.

• krisz
    9 years ago

I bought one from The Company Store about 11 years ago and am still using it. I like it very much.

• violetwest
    9 years ago

Hey! I missed this. I use a wool fleece mattress pad -- the kind with the fleece exposed. Have slept on them for many years and I adore them!

I bought mine from Overstock, or Dreamsoft. I wash it a couple of times a year and put it out in the sun.

I really like the texture of the exposed fleece under my linen sheets. Wool pad + linen sheets + down comforter = heaven. I never want to leave my bed.

• kidrowlam
    9 years ago

I have ordered few duvets from them. I am not sure whether they give mattress pads or not. Nevertheless here is the link beddingmill.co.uk

• lisa_mocha
    9 years ago

We'd been looking for an organic mattress last year and came across CozyPure. I just took a look at their site...they have a couple of wool topper options and are currently on sale. CozyPure had very good reviews... I just might need a topper as well. Love a plush feeling:)