Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huh?!?

Posted by runninginplace (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 15:39

So i'm happily staring vacantly at HGTV last night and suddenly on the house tour--it was Hawaii Life I think--the prospective buyers are gazing at this object in the bathroom that was the damnedest thing I've ever seen...they were completely confused till the realtor chirped that it was an infinity sink! She told them, paraphrasing here: 'it's like an infinity pool, the water just eases over the sides".

Have linked to a page of these beauties below. This must be hands down one of the STUPIDEST design elements I have ever seen. Just imagining someone brushing teeth, shaving, washing face or hands, etc so that the water and detritus flows onto a flat slab before it goes down the drain. Yuck. Not to mention how the heck does one keep the underside clean?! Double yuck.

I have really seen everything now, or at least I've seen my nomination for the next round of the what-was-the-designer-smoking awards.

Here is a link that might be useful: Infinity Sinks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huh?!?

stupid design strikes again

o

The infinity insert is usually removable for cleaning. The sink can be used without the insert as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: infinity sink taken apart

This post was edited by blfenton on Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 16:23

o

All I'm thinking is...imagine the splashing going on when I just wash my hands. Crazy! And way too much trouble to clean imo.

o

I'd consider one in a powder room, but not in a main bathroom that serves for regular teeth brushing, shaving, etc. I rather like the look of the marble ones in the link the OP provided.

o

I saw that. didn't one of them comment about using it to shave?

it looks nice but more important would be its USE.

o

What about face washing? I like a basin of water when washing up. With all the GREEN push this seems like an excuse to waste water.

o

I want an infinity bathtub and look...it's on sale!

Here is a link that might be useful: Infinity Tub

o

PT Barnum was right

o

Isn't that why it's called a sink? Because it is sunken in the middle? This completely undoes the purpose, and all I can think is, turn on the tap, the water hits the stone and then splashes all over you...

o

Fun2BHere I have an infiniti bathtub. Mine is by MTI. Kohler also makes one (the Sok). It is a cool feature but it takes forever to fill the tub the whole way so it overflows over the sides!

The sinks look totally impractical!

o

I'm not quite mastering the intent of the tub (let alone the sink). It's supposed to have a soothing effect? that I'm having trouble imagining.

But then, neither one of us has been in the typical jetted spa tub here in the year we've been here, or any tub in the last couple of decades. By the point in the day where I have time to relax, recline somewhere, its time for bed.

o

PT Barnum was right

o

In November we stayed in a hotel in Rome that had a shower like this. There was water everywhere.

o

It's not only stupid, it's ugly. Yep, fun times spitting out your toothpaste.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here