Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee1

Window treatment help for boat. It's a vacation home, just mobile

zipdee1
9 years ago

We're doing a little renovation to our mobile cottage on the water .. Aka boat. ;) We have two boats, this one is mainly used as housing, we pitter around the outter banks with it. The other is a fishing boat and meant more for ocean going.

So okay .. Just brought the sofa and eating benches in to be recovered .. So quilt is gone. I'd like to get rid of the fabric window treatments. On the side it's short curtains that run the length of the boat, on the back doors the long curtains. They block light out totally when pulled, provide no privacy when opened .. Plus while fabric looks homey, it's not a good idea on a boat .. Even though we keep temp.control and a dehumidifier running, we keep them on NC coast .. Very humid!! We had mesh sun control panels made for the front windows .. They can be removed as needed, you actually drive from the fly bridge most of the time, so they pretty much stay in place. Thoughts .. The back windows are easy probably vertical blinds would work best and long as we can find ones that can be secured at the bottom. Blinds would be best of the sides, but the front and back windows are triangular in shape, maybe cut them? I'd also need the affixed at the bottom so they wouldn't sway when the boat rocks.

Anyone have ideas on how to fit blinds or even different ideas? I want function, but also to be attractive .. We spend a good deal,of the summer and lots of weekends through the rest of the year on it.

Sorry I don't have full pics going down the side .. I took these for different reasons. You can see the side curtains we're working with though. Last pic is just looking towards back of boat to see what you're working with.

{{gwi:2138785}}

{{gwi:2138786}}

{{gwi:2138787}}

{{gwi:2138788}}

Comments (5)