Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with window

Posted by maggie3_2006 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 27, 12 at 15:04

Should I hang drapes starting from the top of the transom or from below?
I dont need them for privacy, just want to add some texture to the room.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with window

I would go over the top window.

o

above!

o

caminnc..... Did you mean the transom??

o

Yes, sorry!

o

That upper window is very cool, I say leave it alone.

o

Hanging above the transom makes the window appear taller and to me, that is always the goal. I would also apply trim molding to the window and transom.

o

lol, looking at my own pic made realize its not just the window that bugs me, its the whole front area. We just bought this house (it was a forclosure) and this is the only area that I'm stumped on, so I'm gonna take another pic., repost, then address a few problem areas
.... stay tuned

o

Your requirement is to make your room stylish and according to my opinion over the top will be great for your room. Best of luck for your decoration..

o

Definitely above the transom.

o

How far up does the wall go?

And how attached are you to the vertical blinds? I don't think they do anything good for those nice, deep-set window openings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here