Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiegirlz5

Green Paint in LR

prairiegirlz5
16 years ago

I am thinking of painting our LR green, an olive-y or mossy green, a little deeper than sage. Please post pictures of your rooms with the paint color names.

I do not want it to look cold. We have a dark orange-y wall color now, I love it but it clashes.

We have dark red on the DR walls and beige wp w/stars in the kitchen. Our style is transitional, with a mix of light and dark woods. We have wide white trim and lots of light.

Thanks!

Comments (24)

• Sueb20
    16 years ago

I really like the color we used in our kitchen/family room. Unfortunately I don't have any good pics that show the color accurately, but here's a small section of the wall. It's BM Cheyenne Green 1502.

• neetsiepie
    16 years ago

I don't have a pic or the name, but my daughters LR is painted a deep mossy green with white trim. It's stunning and not at all cold. Their LR is miniscule, but the color is cozy. I'll try to get the color name for you and see if she can take a pic to send me.

• yborgal
    16 years ago

Benjamin Moore's Olive Branch. Our red dining room opens to this space.

{{!gwi}}

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

this is Behr Earthenware. I had BM mix it.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• johnmari
    16 years ago

There's a thread in the Gallery entitled "Greens" that you should look at, too. Lots and lots and LOTS of very nice pictures. We plan to do our kitchen/sitting area in green and I've plucked half a dozen greens out of that thread to sample when we get around to that project.

• cathrugg
    16 years ago

We just painted ours Behr's Olive Vine and we love it.

• joyceshaw
    16 years ago

Ours is called gumleaf by monarch. You can browse around the album to see other pictures of the house painted in the same color.

Here is a link that might be useful: green greatroom

• Rudebekia
    16 years ago

This is a bedroom in BM's Kennebunkport Green. It gets lots of complements.

{{!gwi}}

• citymomof3
    16 years ago

Our living room and front room accent walls are painted in Behr's Promenade and we love it!

• whenicit
    16 years ago

Probably too dark for you...racking my brain for color name and could come up with if you like.

• msrose
    16 years ago

Look at Redbazel's post. She used Northampton Putty and Baby Turtle which are both really pretty.

Laurie

Here is a link that might be useful: Redbazel's greens

• callaloo
    16 years ago

Ours is SW Eminent Bronze. Not cold at all. And the DR across the foyer is a chili pepper red (same drapes in both rooms).

• prairiegirlz5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow! I am amazed at the response, thanks everyone for sharing, it helps so much to see the colors on actual rooms in real homes. I really love what I am hearing, that the red is a great foil for the green.

I think my favorites here are BM Olive Branch and gumleaf by monarch. Now someone needs to tell me what they have in common, LOL.

I was originally drawn to something like SW Eminent Bronze, but think it might be too gold.

But...I went by SW today, one of the colors I picked out is Lemon Verbena, it doesn't take a genius to guess it might have a yellow undertone.

And..It closely matches Behr's Mother Nature, but seems to have more depth of field, does that makes any sense? on the paint chips. Since I picked that color twice, I may have found a winner!

OTOH SW Garden Sage is nice too, but definitely a greyer green.

Yes, this is driving me a little crazy.

Off to find out what the "Gallery" is, thanks johnmarie, BBL.

• prairiegirlz5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, I found the Photo Galleries and Garden Galleries/Home Galleries under that, but searching under the word "greens" didn't work for me. Help! Thanks again.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Cathrugg, I love your living room so much. I also love those sheers you have on the window with the pretty bottoms. Do you have any close-ups of those sheers/semi-sheers? The wall color is so rich and cozy for your room.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Monablair, I love your room so much and the BM Olive Branch is so perfect in that room with so much white trim and white blinds making the room not dark and cozy looking.

• georgiagal
    16 years ago

Prairiegirl, here's one more for you. Sounds like you are looking for a yellow based green. This is Laura Ashley Olive 4 & is definitely yellow based. It's a happy green, not gray & I've used it in 2 houses.

• redbazel
    16 years ago

Good shot of that LAOlive, Rho!

Red

• johnmari
    16 years ago

Many of the individual forums here have a Gallery section where people can upload photos directly rather than putting them on a site like Photobucket and linking them. If you look toward the top of the forum's main screen, right above the message list, you'll see "On-Topic Discussions" (the main area of the forum) in big bold type, and that's where you'll find the links in brightly-colored type for "Gallery" and "Conversations". When people say "look at the gallery" they generally mean that particular forum's image gallery, unless they specify another forum's gallery like "the bathroom forum gallery".

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Dec's Gallery area

• prairiegirlz5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks johnmari~I had a lot of fun looking at all the pics. I need to find out where to get Laura Ashley paint, I really love georgiagal's Olive 4! And reagan01's Moss 5 for her son's room might just be what my 7 yro is looking for, LOL.

I do have a question for you georgiagal, do you find that that paint color fades to gold at all? Thanks again.

• johnmari
    16 years ago

You're welcome and Laura Ashley paint is from Lowes. :-)

• prairiegirlz5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again! Lowes's it is, maybe I'll find the hardware there to finish my bathroom, no luck at HD or Menards. I'm so glad I found this forum.

• tfm1134
    16 years ago

We have Behr Promenade in our master bedroom and just love it. It is a beautiful color and very easy to work with

• georgiagal
    16 years ago

Hi, Prairie, no....no gold tones in LA Olive 4 to me at all. It's a rich olive green & works great with my other wall colors of Whole Wheat in the livingroom and Vesuvian Garnet in the diningroom. Great color!