Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

The sofa is in!

kellienoelle
10 years ago

Well, it arrived at the store and I haven't had a chance to see it yet in person. My biggest first concern is that I had a big debate on the nailheads and opted to go with them all the same size and uniformity. Doesn't look like that happened to me (and I paid extra for it). So, I will go see in person this weekend and see what I think.

Stay tuned for lots more design questions from me.

Comments (28)

• yayagal
    10 years ago

It's gorgeous, I had a loveseat just like that and held on to it for years as it would never wear out. It looks perfect to me.

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

First of all, it is gorgeous! The nailheads look the same size, but not uniformly spaced. I hope they are able to remedy the situation to your satisfaction. Thanks for sharing the picture.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes pricklypear - that is it exactly. I had anticipated that they would be uniformly spaced, otherwise why would I pay an additional fee to have the same number of something that is smaller? When I was deciding, I was using the Crosby sofa as below as a basis for comparison. I find it a more contemporary look, which I will like. But I'll take a look and keep an open mind. If I decide it is OK as is, will it be unreasonable to ask for a refund for the additional charge for the nailheads? Other than that, I am very pleased!

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

It looks beautiful - can't wait to see it in your space!

• Arapaho-Rd
    10 years ago

It looks beautiful and so comfortable - I am another who can't wait to see it in your home.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Very pretty sofa. You know the nailheads are not that bad. I think after you have had it for a while, you will not see it unless you point it out to visitors. I would, however, request a part of my money refunded.

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

Beautiful sofa. It looks really comfy and the color is gorgeous.

• lyfia
    10 years ago

Love the sofa and yes you should be able to get a refund for what you paid for and didn't get.

I think the nail head trim is fine as is.

• springroz
    10 years ago

The leather is really glowing!! Good choice on color!

I can't wait to see it in the room!

Nancy

• massagerocks
    10 years ago

It looks amazing. Its hard to pick leather from the swatches, and additionally not be guaranteed the color will be the same. The color is beautiful, the sofa lines are beautiful and it looks very inviting. I think the nailheads look fine, but if you paid extra and didnt get what you paid for, then you are entitled to some money back. Been looking to hear from you, it was nice to see this post, and looking forward to more......

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

The sofa is gorgeous. I see what you mean but I too think it looks fine. But if it is not what you ordered I would try to resolve the difference and get some money refunded. Look forwarded to seeing it in your home.

BTW, what is that interesting rug behind it in the photo?

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Absolutely request an adjustment on your bill. They didn't fulfill your wishes.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To focus on the positives, I love the color, its a little lighter than I anticipated but I love it (as pictured here of course). It looks like sweet scrumptious caramel to me and that is a color of leather that I find even more beautiful as it ages. I haven't touched it yet, but the sample was like buttah.

I'll see how I feel about the nailheads in person. It's probably not that big of a deal but I am disappointed that they aren't as I had pictured. Would I like it better if they were all placed as they are around the arm, I think so. Can I live with it, sure. But yes, I will at least ask for a refund on the upcharge.

Outsideplaying, the couch was delivered to the store, which is where this pic was taken, so that rug is there. I like it, probably better than I like the rug I have actually! I haven't yet seen it in person since they close at 6:00 and I work full time and would have had to hustle to get there in time. I see it tomorrow! They will likely be delivered next week so I will be sure to take pics in the space (and then of course move on to couch, ottoman, and accessories)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Wowza! Kellie your sofa is gorgeous! I love the caramel color and the leather looks like e very high grade. So, so pretty! I am not seeing the issue with the nail heads but my eyes have been looking at a computer screen all day. I can't wait to see pictures of it in your home!

• debo_2006
    10 years ago

Beautiful. I like the nail heads the way they are. I think it adds some interest to the piece with them not being butted together - everywhere.

Who is the manufacturer? Did you upgrade the seat cushions to firm?

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Went to see the sofa and loveseat yesterday and it's gorgeous! The color is just so pretty and the leather is very soft. It appeared more petite than I had expected which is great considering the size of the room. Regarding the nailheads, the store had contacted the manufacturer and they can't run the continuous nailhead along the top because of a seam. They just automatically offered to refund the money that I payed in upcharge for the change, which certainly seems reasonable. I have actually been pretty happy with my dealings with them. So it will be delivered this week. Now to put my existing furniture on CL to make room! Pics will be forthcoming.

The manufacturer is Bradington Young, we didn't upgrade the cushions and were told that they will mush down with use as they are riding a bit high right now!

• zen4d
    10 years ago

The sofa is gorgeous; just love that color. I would have preferred uniform spacing but since they gave you the credit, I think it will look just fine, and as someone above mentioned, you won't notice it after a while.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just delivered! We will need to play with placement tonight when my husband gets home, the new stuff is much more petite than what we had in there. The color appears darker in tone in our light vs the showroom lights so is more in what I had originally expected. I have two dogs on them currently despite my inclination to want to cover it in sheets for protection! The cushions are still newly bought "firm" so expect that they will deflate with use. Next step will be tables, ottoman, accent chair, pillows, and drapes!

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• susie100
    10 years ago

They are lovely. Love the color of the leather; really like your rug, too.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Kellie, they look great! And the size is so much more appropriate to the room.

• chiefy
    10 years ago

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! I agree that the size is much better. I have GW to credit for the selection of the loveseat vs. two chairs which I think was a better choice (and alternative to the sectional that I didn't want due to the "dead" corner). I am almost afraid to sit on them! Or pull off the manufacturer tag!

I always fear that I am going to second guess a decision, but so far so good!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Wow, really gorgeous! Love the loveseat and sofa combo. Great caramel color.

WTG for them refunding the upcharge.

• massagerocks
    10 years ago

Kellie, they look amazing! The color is beautifully rich, picks up the painting nicely, looks great with your rug. I love the lines of the sofas, and the sizes look perfect in your room...

• romy718
    10 years ago

Really pretty color and they fit perfectly in your room. Congrats on a great choice.

• edie_thiel
    10 years ago

I love them. Please keep me posted as to how they hold up with the dogs. I am planning on a leather sofa in the near future... and have my fingers crossed that my dog won't destroy it. :-)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! You have a good eye Kellie. Enjoy your beautiful new furniture!

• Rareindigo
    10 years ago

Beautiful room - what color is on the walls?