Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

Laura Ashley Paint Still Around?

Rudebekia
9 years ago

Does anyone know whether Laura Ashley paint is still available? I thought it had been at Lowes, but when I called they stated they don't carry it. I believe it was Valspar?

I used her Gold #3 awhile back and want to use it again. Thanks.

Comments (44)

• Vith
    9 years ago

I was thinking Lowes too but when I looked online they dont have it.

Using the Laura Ashley store locator shows they are not in the US anymore. Probably a lot of competition here in the US and not profitable enough to continue doing it over here at Lowes.

http://www.lauraashley.com/uk/page/store-locator

If you know a color you need you can probably order it and get it shipped? Maybe call and ask first?

http://www.lauraashley.com/uk/ordering/page/ordering

http://www.lauraashley.com/uk/decorating/paints/icat/hfpaints

• Vith
    9 years ago

sweet :) much easier to match it

• Bunny
    9 years ago

It's great when you find a a good paint store than can match any color.

• zipdee1
    9 years ago

Ok, go to the paint section at lowes and tell them what your looking for. I bet anything they'll still have the formula in their computer. Our front room is LA Summer Pudding, (red) the Lowes here can pull it up for me.

• ttodd
    9 years ago

Will definitely still have it in the computer but there is a possibility that it could be hard to locate in their system unless you have a sales person that is really good. Much like having a paint store that has somebody really good at matching!

Remember the 2nd MS paint line that was carried at Kmart & Sears? I always loved Mercury Glass and a few months ago went back to see if they still had the original paint formula in their system. The guy looked for a bit and finally located it under the brand that MS had slapped her name on. Great!

Went back a week later to buy some and the poor soul couldn't find it anywhere! But I insisted. They got finally called the guy at home and voila! I walked out w/ original MS Mercury Glass!

Te LA Gold was a beautiful color! So glad you were able to match it so well!

• amy_e_mills
    8 years ago

I know this post is a year old, but I went to Lowes this weekend (Jan 2016) and had them mix two Laura Ashley colors that we used in our house about 9 years ago and loved them. Unfortunately the colors looked completely different on top of the original paint color (different shade altogether, not just tone). I called and talked to a manager and they said that's because Valspar has changed formulations over the years which would affect the way the color looks, so there would be virtually no way that we'd ever get the original color. It's a bummer, because I can't find the shade anywhere else and I can't tear down paneling for a color match. :(

• dfbo
    7 years ago

I just had two retired colors mixed at Lowe's and they came out a perfect match. One was Laura Ashley 208 Bleached Wheat, and other Valspar Moondance. I usually keep paint chip cards. Also whenever a can is mixed I request a second label that has the formula to help get it right. I was also told that the formulation had changed. I purchased Valspar Signature and am very happy with results.

• princessklyver
    7 years ago

I too couldn't find Laura Ashley paints anymore. I needed to repaint my living room in Pumpkin 4 and took my swatch to be matched. It's close but doesn't have the same depth and richness. I do wish we could get the paint here in the states, again.

• lizzierobin
    7 years ago

I have kept all my paint chips for interior and exterior paint colors in an envelope tucked safely in my desk. After a 'base paint formula change' the color in our rec room could never be matched with the formula on the label. What a painful lesson to learn!

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    7 years ago

OP here--I still regret not being able to get this paint color anymore. The several Gold colors L.A. had were really lovely. I haven't found a substitute yet.

• Kathryn
    7 years ago

I feel y'all's pain! I fell in love with Laura Ashley Pale Cameo in the early 90s and have just spent hours trying to duplicate it--even UK Laura Ashley discontinued it, although Chalk Pink is close (family member tossed the stored touch-up paint without telling me). I finally got SW to copy PPG Apricot Cream. First sample was too pale, but at 135% saturation, I feel like it's an exact match, at least accounting for memory of something I last saw years ago. The sample looked great--I find out tomorrow if that carries over to whole walls!

• princessklyver
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can still get good paint chip cards? Mine are old and faded. They were just the individual cards for Pumpkin 4 and Sapphire, either 3 or 4. I so need to repaint my dining room in the Sapphire and I want that same color and richness of that paint. I have misplaced that card. Thanks! P.S. If any one has them and could lend them to me I PROMISE I WOULD SEND THEM BACK!! I live in Richmond, VA.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    7 years ago

A few thoughts...

• Humans have terrible color memory. The difference between the color you think you remember and reality can be huge.

• Color changes once it's on your walls. Often it's not the formula or paint that's changed, it's the color on the walls. The original formula mixed in a fresh can isn't going to match the aged color on existing walls.

• If you have an original chip, any paint store can match it and get really, really close. Changes in product chemistry can mean some colors can not be made again but those colors are few and far between.

• Colors are created with math. Odds are if they were created once, they can be created again. IF you have a chip.

• It's true that old formulas are of no value if there were significant changes in the product. Which is why you should always save your chips - keep them cool, dry and in the dark.

• princessklyver
    7 years ago

Lori, that's my issue. My chips are not good. If I had good chips I feel as though I could get a pretty close match with a good paint store. I need to get hold of new chips.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    7 years ago

I have an original Laura Ashley Home fandeck but I won't send you the chips :). However, if you want, I can have Sherwin-Williams scan the chips and get you the formula for a gallon and a Color To Go Jug sample. If you want to try that, I need to know what flavor of paint and gloss level - Duration? Super Paint? Cashmere? Flat, matte, eggshell, etc.?

Have to go to SW on Friday and can do it then. Let me know lori@thelandofcolor.com

• Carmen Jones
    6 years ago

I took a perfect Laura Ashley Gold 3 paint chip to Lowe's last summer, & they got very close but not well enough to do "touch ups" on my wall. It wound up looking more beige than the original LA Gold 3. I hate that we can't go in and buy it anymore. I would have that color FOREVER, it's so beautiful.

• princessklyver
    6 years ago

I can't find any one who can match it exact. Such a shame. The colors were so rich and vibrant. I miss the LA paints!

• cdnpete
    6 years ago

They where the best. I hold in my hands the original colour deck. Just went to Home Depot they did a 2 star job, the tone was off. I am going to go back the Sherwin Williams , their paint seemed to work better with the Laura A formula.

• princessklyver
    6 years ago

cdnpete.....what was the name and the sheen of paint they used at Sherwin Williams to match the LA paint chip? Thanks

• indigoheaven
    6 years ago

I just came across this thread. Years ago, I painted my home office Gold 2, and I was hoping to replicate the color. Hopefully, I find a suitable match. Incidentally, I painted my master bedroom in Gold 3. Wonderful colors. I see that I'm not the only fan.

• Candace Alexander
    6 years ago

Found it special order on line

• Candace Alexander
    6 years ago

Laura Ashley paint looks like special order on line. Has the best golf colors.

• Candace Alexander
    6 years ago

I meant gold coloras

• indygo
    6 years ago

Myperfectcolor has matches I think, though I've never tried them. I think my first paint color loves were in that Sears Martha Stewart Line! Mercury glass and atlantic. So many great colors!

• User
    6 years ago

A few years ago, I had LA Olive #4 (I think it was 4) matched at HD/Valspar. I think they did a good job with it.

Office in former home--

• Sonya Ashley Gowens
    5 years ago

I have a Gold #3 card and formula somewhere. I will look for it. I need Gold #4 and although I have the paint--they cannot match. They will refund your money if you don't like it though.

• princessklyver
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Sonya Ashley Gowens, I would love to have the formula for Gold 3 and 4 in LA paint. I am still looking to match Pumpin 4 LA604 and Saffire 4 LA1504, without luck. Lowes originally carried and still carries Valspar Paints. They just do not carry the LA fan deck or chips any longer.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    5 years ago

No luck getting a new formula for Pumpkin. Travis at Sherwin Williams truly gave it his best shot. I looked and there really isn't a comparable color to Pumpkin in any other brand either. As an updated alternative, I would recommend you take a look at Ben Moore's Ansonia Peach. Or you can try ordering a sample from My Perfect Color which is a Benjamin Moore store in New Jersey: https://goo.gl/DzWQwt

Sapphire and Gold 4 turned out well, however. Here are the formulas for a Color To Go Jug so you can get a sample and decide if you want to get gallons. You can also try ordering samples for these colors from My Perfect Color too.

The formulas are a bit clumsy, but Travis did the best he could and the results are very close matches to the original chips.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    5 years ago

I just looked and I have a LA Gold 3 and 4 paint chip if someone wanted them. LA Gold 3 is VERY similar to SW Blonde and LA Gold 4 is a mid point between SW Restrained Gold and Mannered Gold. Perhaps checking those colors out would help.

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I am always hoping someone will post the original formulas here, especially Gold2. Or maybe a former Lowe's employee is lurking out there somewhere?

• princessklyver
    5 years ago

Emory, if LA in the UK would take orders, or at least take emails, and send the formula they would have a lot of customers still in the USA using their paints!

• Janae Rattley
    5 years ago

I know this post is old, but I’ve been searching for LA Colors also, and I just found this Site. Hope it helps

https://www.myperfectcolor.com/Laura-Ashley-Color-Matches/127.htm/page/2

• HU-606527228
    5 years ago

I am looking for the formula for Valspar Laura Ashley pale gold 2. I see from the comments above that it isn't made anymore. I didn't save my can and am wanting to try and find a match for my living room. If I could get resonably close to the original color I would be very happy. When I first painted with the color it seemed really yellow but in a few days it cured and has been so refreshing. We live in Washington where winters are dark and dreay so have enjoyed the cheerfulness of that color. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• indigoheaven
    5 years ago

I hope this helps. It was made with Base 1.

• HU-606527228
    5 years ago

Thank you ever so much!! Our painter will be using Rodda so hope they can get a fairly good match!

• indigoheaven
    5 years ago

I love Laura Ashley's Gold series. Here's Gold 3 in my home office.

Living Room / Bedroom Ideas · More Info

• Nancy L
    4 years ago

I'm still looking for the paint formula for Laura Ashley Gold #3 to touch up my parents walls. I'd like to see if Lowe's can mix it up via the formula as they are not able to find it in their computer. I believe I just have not found that most experienced person at the paint counter. Anyone?

• Rudebekia
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here I am years later checking this post and still in search of Laura Ashley Pale Gold 2 formula. I've hung on all these years, but my living room now really needs to be repainted and I can't find anything close. Everything I've tried is either too lemony yellow or too orange. I'm open to suggestions if anyone knows of a pale or faded gold color. My bungalow living room is full of stained wood and a pale gold offsets it beautifully.

Thanks to indigoheaven who posted the formula on the paint can above, and I wonder HU-606527228 got a close match? Also wonder whether anyone has had luck with matches at myperfectcolor? They do say that they can match it.

• PRO
    Open House Home Staging & Redesign, LLC
    4 years ago

If you really want that color, and nothing else will do, cut out a small piece of your drywall in an inconspicuous area. I'd choose a spot that doesn't get a ton of sunlight and is near the floor. You can then have a paint store color match it.

• kelliet63
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I have recently gotten AL pale gold 2 matched by Sherwin Williams. The formula is different due to updated pigments that most paints use now-a-days bur the match on the wall is perfect.

• Diane Colburn
    last year

I had Laura Ashley Gold #3. 15 yrs later still love it. Although I love the color, I did a color match at that time using Benjamin Moore aqua velvet egg shell. Absolutely perfect.

• Diane Colburn
    last year

This is the original formula I had used from the Valspar color swatch of Laura Ashley Gold 3 #709. Are used aqua velvet Benjamin Moore paint perfect match. Still had original paint can under the stairs with the formula. Your Welcome

• dfbo
    last year

I think Lowe's has the old color formulas online or in books. I think I had a paint mixed exactly after someone looked it up.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022