Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mommacass_gw

Converted our TV armoire into a bar/liquor cabinet

mommacass
15 years ago

Hi Ladies--I haven't posted here for a while but still lurk often. Over the summer I posted a question about converting my huge TV cabinet to a bar and got several good ideas and responses. I couldn't find that post when I did a search.

Here is the before:

My DH was very willing to keep the cabinet and help me convert it. I already had a large mirror to place in the back, we purchased porcelain tiles to cover the bottom (no glue or grout). We had a piece of nice wood for the shelf, and DH remade a wine rack that I had purchased at the salvation army for $1.50 to use on the shelf. He also made stemware hangers for my wine glasses. We stained and polyed the shelf to match the cabinet. I purchased some battery powered puck lights to hang from the top. I already had the baskets and they just fit into the cubbie holes and hold napkins, plates, corkscrews, etc. I use the storage behind the bottom doors for large platters and trays and extra glasses and pitchers. We are both really happy w/ how it turned out. Of course, now I'm trying to decide how to decorate. DH says "don't clutter it up" but I will probably add something!

We need to have a party now!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022