Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thriftychic_gw

What color paint for olive green sofa?

thriftychic
14 years ago

We are going to be moving into a small home that has a semi open floor plan in the kitchen, dining and living room. I want to make everything flow and be bright but still keep warm tones because the house is very small. I am going to paint the old 70's cabinets an off white color and then antique them. My table set is a distressed off white with a walnut top. All of these are visible from the living room so I want everything to kinda flow. I was thinkning pale yellow walls but I am thinking that may be too much. The couch set is olive green.

Here's my exact couch set. Stock photo

Here are what the cabinets might be painted as.

Comments (22)

• User
    14 years ago

I decorate with olive,burgandy and golds and I have found Behr Harvest Brown to be a great neutral that works well with those colors.

• thriftychic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

oh i like that color. any pics of your living room? or anyone else have pics of their olive couches?

• User
    14 years ago

I dont have an olive sofa but my bedding has olive in it. The true color of the Harvest Brown is in the corner.

{{!gwi}}

• loribee
    14 years ago

Beautiful set....a light tan or pale gold paint would be stunning. Maybe LA gold #2 or 3???

• mpmg46
    14 years ago

We have almost the exact same looking couches. I don't have a pic at the moment, but we used SW Macademia, which would work with the cabinets too I think.

• bungalow_house
    14 years ago

I have a very yellowish olive green loveseat and light gold walls, and I don't like it. It brings out too much of the yellow in the sofa. I think the brownish direction that roseabby's photo shows might work better. I am anxious to repaint someday when my kids are old enough to be in school!

• yborgal
    14 years ago

Olive Branch walls

Olive Branch Walls

Stuart Gold walls

• sue36
    14 years ago

I have California Asian Jute (sort of a golden faded camel) with an olive sofa.

• jay06
    14 years ago

I like terracotta or pale apricot with green.

• scanmike
    14 years ago

I like the color of the walls in the photo you posted. Looks like sort of a greige.

• totallyconfused
    14 years ago

I used a Glidden color (mixed in SW) called Bonjour Beige. It's sort of the color of coffee ice cream.

Totally Confused

• caminnc
    14 years ago

I wouldn't be afraid to use yellow. I think it could look beautiful with the olive green sofa. I think this room looks so fresh with yellow walls and white furniture. Just a suggestion.

{{!gwi}}

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

I used LA Gold 3 with my Olive sofa in a previous home. Looked great together!

• thriftychic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think I do love the yellow. I really love the Olive Branch too. i was thinking of doing a green but didn't know if it would be too much.

• walkingwithrob
    9 years ago

I have an open concept home and an olive livingroom set. I painted all my walls olive branch also with cream cupboards and deeper cream trim . love it!!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'd consider a tan. BM Wheeling Neutral?

• Olychick
    9 years ago

this thread is FIVE years old!

• chispa
    9 years ago

Zombie post! Gals and guys, you need to look at the dates before you bring a thread back up. I recognized some of the photos and had a twilight zone moment before I looked at the date!

• IdaClaire
    5 years ago

Sea Ranch - you should start a new thread.

• sharonell
    5 years ago

@sea ranch and @idaclaire ditto!!!

• PRO
    Kennedy Galleries
    5 years ago

Beige with minimal yellow