Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kam76

Green color for girls room

kam76
10 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions to get started looking at greens for a girl (7) years old room. We went to SW and took home their paint chip deck so I have that. She is gravitating toward the deeper hues, I of course would like something lighter because I don't want her room to be a cave.

Comments (10)

• User
    10 years ago

My DD's room was a darkish green with blue and white toile on the beds, When we redecorated and lightened up the room with white headboards (made in Ohio from old shutters), white sconces, pale pink paint on her desk and chair, white duvet covers with scalloped edged embroidered in pink, and a lighter green and pink fabric for dust ruffles, the color no longer seemed dark.

Once those silhouettes of our dogs were matted in pink and framed in white, they lightened up the wall even more. (DDs childhood dresser was the starting point for colors)

The room has a Palladian window with white plantation shutters and the closet doors are also louvered and white, as is the molding. That helps lighten the room also.

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

What colors does she want with it? My niece likes lime green, turquoise, purple and fuchsia! LOL That's a combination. A lighter leaf green looks really nice with pink and lavender, or blue and yellow, especially with lots of white.

Kswl- Nice pictures! I was thinking something just a little lighter, but that's nice too :)

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

Kswl
    What a beautiful room your DD had.
    I love the richness.

• theclose
    10 years ago

Love kswl's DD's room. Beautiful! My kind of green. I was coming to post in the PB Teen catalog I received yesterday, a similar color was used with navy accents in a girls' room. Color was Sherwin Williams Lucky Green. Gorgeous.

I used Benjamin Moore Stem Green in two different apartments. Love, love that color. I have hopes of using it again in my daughter's room once she transitions to a big girl room. Here is a pic - you can see it on the wall and reflected in my tabletop.

This post was edited by mamorella on Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 16:02

• stu2900
    10 years ago

Sherwin Williams Ancient Marble is a beautiful soft sagey green . I have it in a guest room and love it.

• nikrontri
    10 years ago

I agree with kswl's suggestion. But if ever you need additional ideas, you can visit this website. They make great suggestions regarding bedroom designs, furniture, and decorations.

Let me know if you did. Cheers!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I'd start with the bedding and/or window treatments and pick the paint from there...I find it easier to match paint to bedding than the other way around...

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

What do you think of this one? It's SW Hearts of Palm. It reminds me of what mamorella posted with the green and the flowers. This pic caught my eye as it shows it with orange and a pop of pink and I think it can go many ways. If nothing else more eye candy for you. :)

• MarinaGal
    10 years ago

We used BM Dill Pickle in our daughter's room when she was that age. Her room had almost no natural light but it's a very warm/yellow green and it never looked dark. It looks great with white furniture and trim. Good luck!

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

I love this look (and have been tempted to go this route with my recently painted green walls)! An apple green with a black and white damask for accent. Do this so I can live vicariously through your 7 year old daughter...haha!