Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

A huge bargain beautiful Craigslist Doozie!

My3dogs ME zone 5A
10 years ago

To de-stress from work, I often peruse Craigslist in the evening. My eyes bugged out last night when I saw a fuzzy picture of what looked like a La Barge table. Long story short, it was, and it and the mirror that was hanging above it are now mine, for $75. Don't know who makes the mirror, but it's heavy and beautiful, with hangers on the back so it can be hung vertically or horizontally. It's beveled and 23.5" x 20".

I looked up the table, and 1st Dibs has a pair of them for $1800 at the link below. Table is 40" long, 13" deep, and 27.75" tall. The glass is perfect with not a single scratch. It's just as it landed in my pantry. I did clean the glass, but have done nothing to the brass. The last pic of the mirror was taken by the seller when I asked for a close-up of it.
Happy dance! Please excuse Riley inspecting the mirror.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pair of LaBarge Italian Brass Regency Style Demilunes

Comments (23)

• patricianat
    10 years ago

What great finds! Want to see it in situ in your lovely home very soon.

As beautiful as the table and mirror are, Riley wins the prize! and do keep posting pictures of your finds, your rejuvenations and your lovely babies.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Great find! I never look at CL because around here it's full of junk.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

I'm thrilled for you, what a steal!!!! I'd probably take it to Sotheby's and put it to auction. At my age I can't use any more but I can profit from a good buy. Just a thought.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

yaya, believe me, I thought of the same thing!

I bought my mother this lovely brass and beveled glass coffee table last July for $15 from a local couple who were moving to FL. The reeded legs on the one above are so similar to this one, that I want her to see the 'new' one and see if she'd like to have it in her house for a while. In my excitement last night, I thought, 'I'll put it at the top of the stairs on the second floor', but the spot can't handle a 40" wide table. But even Mum understood that when you can get a table for less than 1/12 of what it's listed for, you get it and figure out where it's going later!

• caminnc
    10 years ago

Wow, what a score!!! You have such a good eye and unbelievable good luck ;-)

• melsouth
    10 years ago

VERY nice!!!

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

Wowee! You did great m3d! Love the dogs in the pix too.

• jjam
    10 years ago

Great score! Just beautiful. You have a wonderful eye and such a knack for finding the hidden gems out there.

I love my glass/brass coffee table that I bought for $75 on CL a couple of years ago. Now I'm thinking I overpaid, LOL!

That being said....of all things, I did see a pair of brass and glass coffee tables today on our CL that are intriguing. They are not La Barge but are Lexington, current stock. Even though I love my current glass/brass coffee table, I may go look at these. I've always loved the versatility of two tables in front of a couch.

My3dogs, I hope your good CL fortune will rub off on me! (sorry for the hijack but I need your good karma :) )

Here is a link that might be useful: pair of cocktail tables

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

jjam, I'd go look at those in a heart beat. There are so many things I like about them. I liked the first pic, but the ones of them in the room are even better. PLEASE post if you get them - they're wonderful, and versatile! You have three dogs and I sending lots of good karma, and a bit of dog hair!

• jjam
    10 years ago

Thanks 3dogs....I made an appt. to see them tomorrow. I will report back for sure. In the meantime, enjoy your great find. The wonderful thing about your table is that it can go so many places. A small footprint, but it carries with it a lot of style.

I think the brass/glass look is kind of like the little black dress of decorating....always elegant, but not fussy or overdone. At home in virtually any design scheme.

Let us know where it will live when you find the right spot for it :)

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Great find!

• clt3
    10 years ago

I have the LaBarge oval coffee table that matches! The only difference is the top of leg comes straight up and doesn't splay out like that one. I still love it.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Beautiful! What a great find. Our craigs list is filled with junk usually. I would have jumped on that table in a heart beat and worried about placement later also!

Jjam, I love the Lexington table. I like it so much that I put my zip code in for a local dealer. I am in love with that table. I suppose the Interiors store could order for me. Thanks so much for sharing!

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

What a wonderful find! I would have jumped at it too, even though I don't have a wall left!! Would also make a great nightstand table with the mirror above. Guest room??

• MarinaGal
    10 years ago

It is so gratifying to make a good purchase - both are beautiful - enjoy them!

• nhb22
    10 years ago

my3dogs - You have wonderful good luck and the best taste. And the photo of Riley in the mirror with the bowl is priceless!

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Does la Barge have markings?

• decor64
    10 years ago

Very nice! Detroit Craigslist never has anything good.

• zen4d
    10 years ago

Love it!

• teeda
    10 years ago

You have a great eye. I always love looking at your treasures!

• madtown_2006_gw
    10 years ago

Nice! I never see anything good on my CL...it's all crap!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank-you, all! I'm very happy. It's a timeless piece in my opinion, along the lines of my 1970's Mastercraft coffee table, as the LaBarge is from the same era. Both are very well made. That's Sam reflected in the coffee table glass.

nosoccermom, I have never seen a LaBarge label on their tables. I'm sure they must put them on, but I have only seen them on the back of their mirrors.

I found this matching new table on eBay linked below in the same style as mine. I've looked everywhere to see what 'CVP' edge glass means, but no luck finding the acronym.

Here is a link that might be useful: LaBarge solid brass lamp table with 1/2

• Sujafr
    10 years ago

I just saw a glass and brass table tonight on CL and posted about it on the CL deal of a day post. It reminded me of the style of these. Amazing deal, M3D! Beautiful!

Here is a link that might be useful: CL Deal of the Day Thread

This post was edited by sujafr on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 3:00