Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janine09_gw

Custom Roman shades for less?

janine09
14 years ago

I got an astronomical quote for custom roman shades..700 per window (and they are small windows). If I purchase the fabric, is there anywhere reliable that can make a custom standard roman shade for me?

Comments (6)

• mom2sethc
    14 years ago

Hi!

Yikes! That does seem high. I just had custom romans done for $300 each window. That is with her buying my selected fabric, and black out linings on the back. She also installed everything for this price.

Elaine

• scanmike
    14 years ago

I too was shocked at the prices for Roman Shades. I had 2 relaxed Roman shades recently custom made and my windows are two small ones that frame the fireplace..only about 27 inches wide and not tall. They cost me over $300.00 each! That did include fabric and installation. I don't feel so badly now knowing others have paid that amount.

I think next time I will try Smith and NOble. The price quote was considerably less ($180.00) per window.

• denali2007
    14 years ago

I just ordered some Roman Shades from Etsy. She just completed some valance and jabots for mu Dining Room and they are beautiful. She is a great seamstress and the window treatments are well made. She charged the labor price ,then I picked out my own fabric and had it sent to her. I used fabric guru and got samples ahead of time. You can get the blackout lining from her or get it yourself. At the time fabric guru was having a 20% off sale so I got it there.The roman shades run about 69 per window plus your fabric. She is running a free shipping sale thru Jan and that was going to run me $25 for 2 roman shades and a 85' long valance. That was a significant savings.

Here is a link that might be useful: roman shades

• malhgold
    14 years ago

Denali - thanks for posting about your Etsy find. I've been looking for romans but just wasn't ready to bit the bullet on $180 for labor alone at Calico Corners. Glad to hear you were happy. I looked thru her feedback and it all looks really positive.

• denali2007
    14 years ago

She does nice work and she will email back to you almost immediately with a response. She is also willing to work with you on what you want done. There are also some fabric sites on her homepage that are worth looking at.

• jejvtr
    14 years ago

janine

One of the reasons I purchased a sewing machine about 3 yrs ago was to make window treatments -

I pored over library books, purchased fabrics and the rest of the supplies I got through Terrell designs - The roman shades are professional looking and came out really well - w/her detailed instructions and taking my time, I'm very pleased.
    I emailed Terrell & contacted her a few times when I first started the project - she was extremely helpful & responsive.

I have to start them for my kitchen now

Best of luck

Here is a link that might be useful: Terrell designs