Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Light Blue Green Paint Color Please?

amykath
9 years ago

What's a good light blue green for a south facing room? I'm wondering if a light blue would actually look like a blue green from all the natural south facing light.

Thanks in advance!
Amy

Comments (38)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Yes it could. I have Palladian blue in my exercise room and it looks a shade of green, not blue.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Whythe blue has both colors and it's gorgeous. Made by BM

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Wythe Blue, Nelson Blue, Quiet Moments. All BM.

• roarah
    9 years ago

I used wedgewood grey in my south, east and north windowed room. It is darker at night and lighter blue during the day. There is very little wall space this is the best pic of the color I can get during this cold snowy day...

• amck2
    9 years ago

Take a look at Sherwin Wiliams /Comfort Gray. It's a quiet melding of soft blue and green.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

SW silvermist is also a really pretty color!!

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

Pigeon or Blue Grey both by Farrow and Ball.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Louisiana,
    Do you mean F and B Green Blue?

• sweet_tea_
    9 years ago

SW Copen Blue or SW Sea Salt- Sea Salt comes off as more green, but they're both very pretty.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

BM Antiguan Sky

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow! So many great suggestions! Thank you all. I will keep you posted. Drywall should go up next week and then we paint. I hope this new build wraps up someday soon!

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wedgewood gray and palladiun blue are both gorgeous!!

• cleanfreak_2010
    9 years ago

I've used SW sea salt and love it. also Valspar Meteor Dust from Ace Hdw.....exact same color, just a bit more saturated.

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

Hi KitchenDetective,

It's funny you asked that. I did mean blue grey above, but when I originally ordered the samples from F and B for my remodel I meant to order the green blue. In fact, I thought I did until they came in. Then I thought I may have remembered the name wrong, and it was blue gray all along. However, there are two, blue grey and green blue. After I got the blue grey sample on the wall, I actually liked it a lot and went with it. Happy mistake I guess as I think it works better with the pigeon. More so than the green blue would have.

• ttodd
    9 years ago

My 3 thoughts were already mentioned so I'll cheerlead for them:

BM Palladian & Wythe
    F&B Green Blue

• crl_
    9 years ago

If Palladian blue, et al are too green in your light, perhaps Benj, Moore summer shower would be worth a try.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

I'll have to look around for a photo of Blue Gray!

• jdez
    9 years ago

BM Tranquility

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I embarked on the very same quest a year ago.

I believe I tried 15 or 16 light blue green paint colors, most of which are already suggested above.

And then I chose wallpaper instead.

I think I still have all the sample pots. If I do and if you want, I would be happy to send them to you. These shades are chameleons. Very tricky.

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

Kd

I can post a pic of it in my dining/sitting room tomorrow morning when the lighting is better. I will also post a picture of my den in Pigeon for the OP. It gets southwestern sun late in the evening so it may give her an idea of what it looks like in morning. I can then take another late tomorrow.

Lp

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks mtn. That's very nice of you. I'll get some samples and put them up once I've narrowed it down.

Jdez, that's such a lovely color! Thanks for sharing the photo.

I would much appreciate it Louisiana.

Carl, I do worry in my south facing room anything with too much green will read ultra green. So, thank you for the suggestion!

Can't wait to start trying out samples.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Palladian blue with southern exposure...it never looks blue to me.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beautiful room Annie! Thanks for sharing the photo. It definitely doesn't look blue but I really like it.

• carsonheim
    9 years ago

Annie,
    What's that color on the soffit? It looks warm and creamy. Lovely with the PB

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

Hi AK,

Below are photos of my den and dining room (currently serving as tv/playroom). The den is Pigeon by Fand B and does have southwestern exposure in the evenings through the sliding glass door you see on the right. That door is double the width it shows in the picture. However, when I first mentioned this color I forgot about there being a bank of windows on the opposite side that provide morning sun. With that in mind, I took the pictures with the shades closed so that it might give greater opportunity to look as close as possible to not having exposure from that side. I will try to get home today during sunset to show what it looks like when the sun is blindingly shining through there. I find the color to change a bit throughout the day and into the night but love all of the variations of it.

lp

{{gwi:2138273}}

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

Ugh, here is the first picture!

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

Other side of room.

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

Last but not least...my future dining/sitting room. It is currently serving as a play/tv room for my 8 yo son to watch his train documentaries/moives in so that he doesn't have to be in the back of the house by himself when he wants to watch them.

This room is painted Fand B blue grey. It gets mostly northeastern exposure; however, it does get a sliver of that southwestern sun in the evenings through that sliding door. This picture is from this morning.

• hsw_sc
    9 years ago

I have Palladian Blue cut at 50% and it shows very green.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Louisiana, what beautiful spaces! I love your built ins. Thanks so much for sharing!

Amy

• zipdee1
    9 years ago

We are currently working in our east facing bedroom and painted it SW rainwashed. Really love the color a lot! The walls are almost dry in the picture, explains the splotches.

{{gwi:2138281}}

{{gwi:2138282}}

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

Thank you for the compliments! We've been in a year but still have so much to do!!!

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I take it you live in Louisiana?

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

I do actually.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Which part? We just spent a week in New Orleans over Christmas.

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

We are in the northeastern corner. A small town relative to real cities, but one of the larger "cities" of Louisiana. We are about 3/3.5 hours north of New Orleans. I was in NOLA the week of December 8 for work so our paths just crossed. I am not originally from this town but still from LA. My current home town is home to Delta Airlines and the family that originally "bottled" Coca-Cola so a little trivia there and a chance to plug my current and moat likely permanent town!

You are building in the Austin area right? I have been following some other threads. Nola and Austin have quite a few similarities to me.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

carsonheim, the beige color is BM durango dust. This pic is a perfect example of the importance of reflected light...the soffit is the same color as the walls around the staircase, but the lighting is very different.