Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amj0517

Open floor plan - window treatments

amj0517
10 years ago

Hi!

Our sliding glass door has been naked for 3 years because I just don't know what to do with it. We have an open floor plan. The back of our house has a window over the kitchen sink, then the sliding glass door in front of the kitchen table, then the living room windows, which are two stories on each side of the fireplace.

We have wood blinds over the sink window and drapes in the living room on a decorative traverse rod. We recently bought a drape for the sliding glass door that coordinates with the living room drapes (same colors, different pattern). If it matters, every other window in the house has the same wood blinds that are on the sink window.

I'm not sure if I should get a decorative traverse rod for this drape to tie the look into the living room. If so, should the finials be the same or can I go with something different? Or, Bali makes a 7" wood valance that would coordinate with the valance over the sink window (it is not the same shape or the exact color, but it is close enough).

What would you do? The drape is currently up on a standard white traverse rod.

Thanks!

Comments (3)