Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Open floor plan - window treatments

Posted by amj0517 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 13:22

Hi!

Our sliding glass door has been naked for 3 years because I just don't know what to do with it. We have an open floor plan. The back of our house has a window over the kitchen sink, then the sliding glass door in front of the kitchen table, then the living room windows, which are two stories on each side of the fireplace.

We have wood blinds over the sink window and drapes in the living room on a decorative traverse rod. We recently bought a drape for the sliding glass door that coordinates with the living room drapes (same colors, different pattern). If it matters, every other window in the house has the same wood blinds that are on the sink window.

I'm not sure if I should get a decorative traverse rod for this drape to tie the look into the living room. If so, should the finials be the same or can I go with something different? Or, Bali makes a 7" wood valance that would coordinate with the valance over the sink window (it is not the same shape or the exact color, but it is close enough).

What would you do? The drape is currently up on a standard white traverse rod.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Open floor plan - window treatments

The finials and everything should be the same. Make a mini header of the same drapery material that you use for the living room and (what you will use for) the sliding doors. It should all be uniform so that your house does not look disjointed.

o

Take a look at this bevy of vertical blinds. Perhaps you could find one that is similar to all the window treatments and have the living room drapes stand alone. The beauty of them is they also cut the glare and look very attractive.

Here is a link that might be useful: vertical blinds.

o

Take a look at the thread below for ideas...window treatments in the same room or space should go, but they need not match.

Here is a link that might be useful: Window treatment ideas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here