Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amj0517

Your thoughts on this countertop please

amj0517
9 years ago

We've been working on finishing our basement for close to 2 years! We are getting close now, and I can't wait.

We are ready to order the counters for the bathroom and bar area and I'm drawn to the "Flaked Pearl" but I'm not sure if it will be too much white with the "Heavy Cream" cabinets. We have darker granite in the rest of the house, and I'm not in love with it. Looking for something different, I think. The walls are BM Beach Glass.

This is the sink area with the Ash tile:
{{gwi:2138232}}

This is the other side of the under-counter fridge. We will have 2 stools here:
{{gwi:2138026}}

This is the carpet we selected, with a piece of the tile laying in front for comparison. We are getting the carpet in the lower left corner:
{{gwi:2138233}}

This is the bathroom vanity. The walls here are Behr Elephant Skin:
{{gwi:2138234}}

This is the Flaked Pearl counter, with samples of the tile, cabinet and paint laying on top. The lighting in the store was TERRIBLE:
{{gwi:2138235}}
{{gwi:2138236}}

Finally, here are the other quartz samples we would consider. Catalina (may be too brown) or Pebble Creek (distinctly grey). Flaked Pearl is shown in the lower right:
{{gwi:2138237}}

Please share your opinions on the counters! More basement questions to come once the carpet is installed and I have to figure out furniture arrangements. :)

Comments (18)