Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

Any aqua/robin's egg blue rooms out there?

angelcub
14 years ago

Hi! I'm about to paint my master bedroom and have always loved this color. I have a few inspiration room pics saved online and in books but was wondering if anyone on here had done a room in this color or a similar color. I have a king size pearl white sleigh bed coming soon. Room has white trim and vaulted ceilings and is about 18x18 with a large bay window. I'm thinking of using a taupe or light camel color for bedding and then bringing in an accent color, maybe one of those warm corals that I'm seeing everywhere and quickly falling in love with. Cottage style here but if your pics are more modern no problem. I'd appreciate any inspiration!

Happy New year and TIA!

Diana

Comments (18)

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

My guest room is a cross between Robin's Egg and Tiffany Blue (it's a little darker than the photos). As you can see my inspiration came from my glass collection and I used white with it. I had a lot of Victorian things from my former home, but I kinda like how the room turned out.

{{gwi:1460885}}
    {{gwi:1460884}}{{gwi:1460886}}

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Our MB is aqua/robins egg blue and now with the right bedding and the support of folks here on GW, I'm loving it! We still need some artwork but we're getting there.

Kat :)

• sis3
    14 years ago

This is a guest room in Ellen Kennon's Gustavian Grey, a very light, greyed aqua. The effect is very soft and dreamy in real life.

This is another guest room in BM's Woodlawn Blue. It has taupe and coral accents, as you are considering adding to your room.

• patty2430
    14 years ago

We painted our MBR a similar color -- SW Windowpane. For me, it's a great cross between light blue & aqua. Get a sample card to check it with your bedding and accent pieces.

• angelcub
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for all the inspiration pics and advice. They are all so lovely. Just what I needed to help me make the decision to use this color. I've always wanted it somewhere in my home. Just never got around to deciding where. : )

I've narrowed down my paint choice and DH loves it, too, so I'm off to the paint store. Bed is coming Thursday so I better get working on this project.

Sis, our new bed is a similar style to your second pic only white. We have wood floors so may consider blinds similar to the pic. Love the coral pillow on the bench. : )

Thanks again!
    Diana

• Valerie Noronha
    14 years ago

I'm also looking for an aqua paint color for DD's room.

excessfroufrou, what color paint is your aqua?

• User
    14 years ago

BM Waterfall. I've seen a couple of postings with this color used in bathrooms and it's stunning. I've also posted the link to the "blue" thread. It has a ton blue rooms people have shared. Unfortunately, the one with Waterfall isn't available anymore. You can go to the BM website and pull it up with their virtual room program.

Here is a link that might be useful: blue thread.

• Valerie Noronha
    14 years ago

Thanks, lukkriirish, for the name and the link. I'll check it out at the BM store.

• Sueb20
    14 years ago

The living room in our summer place is painted BM Palladian Blue. It's a great color. I've seen it used well in many different rooms.

• stinky-gardener
    14 years ago

Yes, I agree, check out Palladian Blue! Great color. I have three test boards painted with it now. I may use it in my kitchen!

An historical house open to the public in my area has it in the dining room...it's stunning.

• lisa_mocha
    14 years ago

I've also heard good things about BM Woodlawn and Palladian Blue.

If you're looking for something a little more vibrant, check out BM Bird's Egg 2051-60. I've seen it in some magazines...looks pretty. (Like Tiffany's Blue boxes)

• marc_ia
    14 years ago

bumpitty bump

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

My room is a basil green so I have no good photos of my
    room, however... I am looking for a good paint too. So
    here is some of my inspiration collection. Enjoy the
    ideas..
    ~boxerpups

Robin's Egg blue by BM from Ohdeedoh blog

Antiguan Sky BM as close as you can get to Robin's Egg in nature blue.

Beach Glass BM

Woodlawn BM

Spa Pool Valspar

Narobi by Rodda Paints

Sea Mist Green by BM

Tropicana Cabana BM

Turquoise Parker BM

• zipdee
    14 years ago

Oooooooo .. such pretty inspiration rooms! I can't wait to see the color you choose Diana.

The girl's room is a darker aqua blue, not dark enough to be a turquoise though. The color is BM Sea Isle.

{{gwi:1543015}}

• lindybarts
    14 years ago

Another one to add:

Valspar Blue Arrow

• Valerie Noronha
    14 years ago

zipdee: I was hoping you would post your lovely DDs' room. That is probably more the aqua color my DD would like in her room. If you get a chance could you please check my thread on the furniture I bought for her? I'd love any suggestions.

• Kathleen McGuire
    14 years ago

BM Gossamer Blue

BM Seafoam

BM Glass Slipper

src="http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f400/kmcg85/miscellaneous/FarrowBallLightBlue.jpg"; border="0" alt="F&B Light Blue">

Farrow & Ball Light Blue

Grey Blue
    {{!gwi}}

Blue Moon

• catkin
    14 years ago

Palladian Blue! :~)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County