Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clanz_gw

Drapery Rods...Please help!

clanz
10 years ago

Hi there! We'll, it's been about a year since my last (torturous) experience with custom curtains/drapery rods. I was very fortunate before to work with a wonderful woman from Etsy who ended up holding my hand throughout the process. I'm sure I drove her crazy, and I didn't want to start off this round doing the same. I'm about to embark on our living room and dining room windows. I'm planning on having a set of French pleated drapes made for each of the windows, which will remain open. My questions lie with the window hardware. I'm not sure what to purchase. I really would like to achieve the look of not seeing any rings, where the top of the curtains come up to or above the rod. I also like the look of the rods that return to the wall, although that's still up in the air and I'm not even sure if I can use that with a French pleated drape. I also wanted to find out if the norm was to use adjustable rods, or can it be disguised? Having custom drapes made, will it look like I cheaped out with adjustable rods? Finally, we have pretty heavy molding in these two rooms and a very small amount of wall space between the window trim and crown molding, so I think my only option is a very narrow rid? I've attached a couple pics. Thank you so much in advance!

Comments (5)