Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

Any idea where to find this? Beaded valance.

Boopadaboo
11 years ago

I am in love and think this would be fabulous in my kitchen window and the playroom. I am not crafty. :(

Any idea where to find this?

Sadly I think it might be something that you would have to make. I have seen it called a room divider and curtain, but I dont want a curtain that is long, I like that this looks like a valance.

Comments (27)

• funkyart
    11 years ago

I've seen mirrored glass strings much like this at west elm .. and of all places, at a community farmers market in Minneapolis! I haven't seen the colored gems but I bet you can find them pre-strung on etsy or even some of the chain stores.

I have turkish crystals that I used to hang from my kitchen window-- now I have them hanging from my fireplace screen. Love how crystals and glass play with light.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

Makes me want another house, lol.

• erinsean
    11 years ago

Our craft store has beaded curtains, but not sure of the valance like you pictured. Maybe talk to a craft store like Michaels...maybe they could steer you to the right person.

• deeinohio
    11 years ago

boop, I absolutely adore your joie de vivre in your decorating!

Your choices always make me smile, and you do know what you like!

These will look so cute. Hope you find them.

Dee

• HomeMaker
    11 years ago

Here are the instructions.
    Sorry I couldn't find a ready made one.

Yet. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Create Beaded Curtains

• HomeMaker
    11 years ago

Maybe you could just use the middle part of the ones linked below?

Here are some beads available on a spool. I assume you just cut what you need.

http://mysticdreamsshoppe.com/bebyspro.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Archway beaded curtains

• killinsnakes
    11 years ago

http://www.etsy.com/listing/116528453/curtain-bead?ref=cat_gallery_22

Something like this?

Here is a link that might be useful: etsy bead curtain

• killinsnakes
    11 years ago

Forgot to say, I really like this idea!

• Elraes Miller
    11 years ago

Here is another site to peruse.

Here is a link that might be useful: bead curtains and strings

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow. I am so happy. You all were so helpful!

I know I looked on etsy before and I could not find it. I dont know what I was doing wrong! I did find this person I linked below that will make custom orders so I am going to see how much she would charge for three.

Two are not long, but I think they will add a fun sparkle to the play room. above the sheer curtains that I will be cutting to hit the sill (I will be removing the side panels ....

dee - I know i have a strange decorating sense :) My last house was like a museum. I want this one to be filled with happy memories for my boys where they can be kids while they are kids if that makes sense! I also want to smile when i look around.

homemaker and killinsnakes - thank you so much!

Here is a link that might be useful: etsy link

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

These were probably beaded curtains that were cut and hung on the rod.

My mother had beaded curtains for the entrance to our laundry room. The bead strings hooked on the rod, so they definitely could be cut to length to make a valence. You want the heavier beads on the bottom for weight.

You can easily find beaded curtains online or else you might want to try a local "smoke shop", LOL.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    11 years ago

Did you see that the Etsy seller charges $63 for shipping? It doesn't say where she is. That blows me away.

For that kind of $$, I would try another option. I do think that the refractions and light would be fun in a room.

This post was edited by rnmomof2 on Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 11:15

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The vendor that killinsnakes posted is in France I believe. the one that I posted was a vendor from China.

I did notice that the shipping was high. I didnt see a vendor in the US. I am ordering three so I asked for a quote and will see how much the quote is for three plus shipping.

• nancybee_2010
    11 years ago

I'm like dee- I love your style! It seems to me you must be such a free spirit.

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

I know you said you are not craft but it seems to me that that would be *extremely* easy to make, and you could make it exactly as you want, for a lot less money. All you'd need is the beads and some bead line - a local craft shop would have the stuff and probably be bale to help you too - your kids could have fun with it too! Otherwise Etsy for sure

Here is a link that might be useful: another etsy

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

lol tinan. When I said I wasnt' crafty I really mean it! I really hope my poor kids don't get the gene that my mother and grandfather passed to me. It is a joke in our family that none of us can even open a cereal box without making a disaster.

I buy premade craft kits for my toddler to do and sometimes when we do them they even come out kind of funny looking! :)

I also really do not have the time or should I say that this is something I would not have the time or patience for. :)

the Vendor/seller has written back and they seem very flexible and they have way more beads available to choose from then I would have imagined. Now I have to figure out what beads! Another decision to make :)

• 4boys2
    11 years ago

OK~ If your going with
    HER
    you might as well order direct...
    HERE

And realize that she is ordering from Alibaba not Aliexpress so her cost is more like 1/2.

• EG3d
    11 years ago

I LOVE those beads. I found this one at one of those links but the seller is in China and the price is $2.28 a meter but I am unsure if the meter is the width or just length of one strand. Can any of you tell by the web site?

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass Curtain

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

If you scroll down you will see:

Product size:
    1 the total price = total length x price per meter + pendantx pendant price
    2 total length = each length x meters

However, that is alibaba, and I would be kind of surprised if you can buy just one meter at that price (or at all). Even the tooltips text when you hover over the prices points out that it is wholesale pricing. Alibaba is the major Chinese site for wholesale, at least it has been in the past. If you can buy retail from them, please let us know. You would need to figure on both shipping and duty if you can.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Sorry, I realize my post wasn't clear. Through alibaba you can get them to do pretty much whatever you want, but it's not likely that they'll do it as a one-off at that kind of pricing. I have friends who do small scale business (500 or a thousand of something, say) who find their manufacturers through alibaba, but they definitely wouldn't go there to get a single item.

• 4boys2
    11 years ago

EG3d linked to Aliexpress (a sister site to Alibaba) which does sell single items.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read about it here

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Thanks, forboystoo.

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I find that the alibaba and the alieexpress sites are a bit confusing. I dont know what to do! I am going back and forth with two sellers on etsy. I do wish I could find a US resource to make these. It would be nice if you could post wanted on etsy :) and see if anything pops up.

I am hoping I am not heading to a disaster :)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

I do know someone who will make them in the US, but only with real crystal and a price to match. She does chandeliers, windchimes, etc. but is very open to any kind of custom job. It wouldn't hurt to ask her for a quote, if you're interested.

I've ordered wind chimes from her in the past and everything about them was top notch.

EDIT She has a retail store in the Rochester, NY area--in Brighton, I think. I don't know where you are.

Here is a link that might be useful: sheri's crystals on etsy.

This post was edited by writersblock on Tue, Jan 8, 13 at 16:10

• 4boys2
    11 years ago

Boo...Go to your local specialty bead store with the picture and your specs.
    I'm sure they can hook you up with someone.

• Boopadaboo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I never in a million years would have thought there might be a local specialty bead store! I will have to look that up. :)

You have me thinking Writersblock. Maybe in the playroom, where I have sheers in three quarters of the window, beads would be really busy. I mean I know they will be busy, but maybe there is a better answer. I found some beautiful crystal sun catchers on etsy based on your link. Maybe I can put one in each window in the middle.

This person is local to me

I also found this wind chime and I think if it was spread out, instead of round, it would be lovely in my kitchen window....

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

That wind chime is really pretty.