|I'd like a few base cabinets arranged along a wall with a countertop over them to use as a desk in an office nook, and I've been looking at the Ballard Original Home Office pieces. Does anyone have a review of this line? |
The other option I'm considering is using a semi-custom cabinet such as Kraftmaid.
This is the look I'm after:
Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard Original Home Office
|Since nobody has a review, I'll comment on this in hopes this thread moves down the page. |
Please let me know if you have modular office pieces (particularly file drawers) you like and are of good quality.
|juju, Did you see that there are reviews on the Ballard site for the pieces that are sketched below the photographed room? If you click on each of the sketches, there are reviews for that piece by people who have bought them. |
I put KraftMaid cabinets in my kitchen over 20 years ago, and they are wonderful. I'd be able to recommend them highly.
|I have that Ballard stuff but in the brown (regret the color) in the corner configuration which are basically 2 sets of the double file cabinets connected by a corner countertop. It's about 8 years old and has held up well. The glides and hinges are good quality also. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to know. |
Kaftmaid is a decent company so you can't go wrong there either.
|cleo, that's exactly what I was wondering about ... the quality of construction after long-term use. I read that this line has been around for 10+ years. |
I'd be ordering white in whatever brand I choose, and I really like Ballard's cabinet pulls with label holders. I suppose I could add that style pull to any cabinet.
my3dogs, thanks for the feedback.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here