Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teeda

Craigslist Deals of the Day

teeda
10 years ago

As much as I love the Craig's List Doozies, I'm also addicted to scrolling through for potential deals. I have learned however, that just because something is beautiful and and a great deal, I don't need to buy it! So I was thinking it might be nice if we had a thread to highlight some of the great deals out there, in case anyone else could benefit. So I just saw this 30s enamel top, spool leg table for $30! Isn't this great??

Here is a link that might be useful: Craig's List Link

Comments (150)

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

LOL, lov_mkitchen, how far away are your stairs? Well, it can be disassembled. Still don't think I "need" it, but I want it.

Great score, my3dogs!

• User
    10 years ago

nosoccermom, Two front steps. the pick up bed will fit right over them. I can back right up to the front door, drop the tailgate and slide that baby off right into my living room. Been there, done that! And not so long ago, either! Then slide it on it's side to where I'm going and lift it up to standing position. Piece 'o cake!

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

This is kind of cool! Vintage vinyl loveseat, Treasure coast CL, $45 bucks.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

For all those whove been lusting after brass/glass tables, this is a nice one IMHO

{{!gwi}}

• tibbrix
    10 years ago

jterrilynn, the back of that sofa looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shell.

And lol@ the hunk o' man cake in the mirror. Good thing the reflection doesn't come with the mirror!

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 21:32

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I thought this was a sweet little 1950's table for $50 including a protective glass top - not sure that it's maple though:

{{!gwi}}
    1950's Maple Dining Room Table Glass Top - $50
    61" needs a little TLC, thick round glass top. Protects agiast disasters.

Here is a link that might be useful: $50 table

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Love the brass/glass table that mtnrdredux posted. Is that from CL? Price?

Also the round one above for $50! I wonder what the TLC needed is? Even if someone wanted to paint it, that is a great buy!

This post was edited by my3dogs on Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 9:34

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, lots of beauties since I last checked in. Mtnrdredux, Iove that table. My3dogs, I'm so glad you got that campaign chest. Can't wait to see what you do with it! BTW, I decided not to look at the pair of Calico Corner down chairs after speaking to the owner. Couldn't get her to commit to the condition and she sounded like a smoker! I'm ultra picky about upholstered stuff unless I plan to get it reupholstered.

• User
    10 years ago

Just wondering.....are any of you concerned about bed bugs when you look at/buy stuff? I was under the impression they hid in fabrics but there was a very publicized case in Iowa last year where they were brought into a home on a bed frame. Obviously the house was infested. I know it's possible to bring them home just because your clothing or purse was close enough for live ones to hitch a ride. I'm ulta paranoid about bugs! Even though I live on a farm, bugs have a place and it is not inside my house! The Asian beetles have me on super high alert.

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

lov_mkitchen, yes--I'm very cautious about bed bugs. Always bring a flashlight, and follow standard instructions on checking for bedbugs. I would only buy upholstered furniture if I was very comfortable with the seller's environment (i.e., a very lovely home in a very nice area!). Otherwise I wouldn't buy it unless I was planning to have it stripped down and reupholstered. However, fear of bedbugs would not stop me from buying used furniture, whether it was from CL, an antique shop or consignment. Technically, you can catch bed bugs anywhere--movie theaters, restaurant seating, taxis, etc., but that doesn't stop me from utilizing those.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Yes, the table is from Craigslist in Fairfiled County CT.
    It has antiqued mirror, not glass, just to be clear.

It is for sale for $300. IIRC they said they paid $600, so IMHO they should take a lot less then $300.

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is so cool. It would be amazing in the right setting.

Here is a link that might be useful: MCM Windsor chair

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay, I love these too. $100 each for a Baker chair. They look incredibly comfortable

Here is a link that might be useful: Baker Dining chairs

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

WMA89, you live in a great CL area!

I got this Baker side table from CL last fall. I'm doing a bit of refinishing on it but will use it as a night stand. It's VERY heavy as the pine is a veneer over oak. It has faux bamboo legs, which I love. I assumed the dark lines I could see in his ad pic (below) were painted, but they are inlaid wood.

In one of the seller's pics in his ad, I could see a brass oval label in the the drawer, and asked him what it said - "Baker Furniture". I got it for $20. ;-)

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ooh, I love that little table My3dogs. $20?? Can't wait to see it finished!

• petepie
    10 years ago

Aaagh! More Milling Road chairs! Thanks for the link. Too far from me, but look like a pretty decent price

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

I have a feeling there is a beautiful piece of furniture under this. Its advertised as a dresser $50 OBO, Treasure Coast CL.

Or, this cute chair for $45

• kayec28
    10 years ago

The price on this chest isn't low (425.00) but I'm wondering if it's a deal. Oak is not my favorite wood, but I really love the finish and the unusual handles. Opinions?

{{!gwi}}

Check out this sofa, 200.00 OBO. If I only had a space...

{{!gwi}}

• missingtheobvious
    10 years ago

The sofa reminds me of the late-50s cars with tail fins.

(Does it have two different types of feet?)

• leafy02
    10 years ago

I'm just dying of jealousy over the stuff that you all can find on your CLs. Ours is a vast wasteland of Rent a Center and IKEA furniture that sellers believe has appreciated in value with age, smoke, and pet damage.

I check almost daily, yet I have no rug, no floor lamp, and no coffee table to show for it.

Oh, for the days when I lived in a good CL area....long gone, much missed!

• User
    10 years ago

You and me, both, leafy02! Every single description is prefaced with "antique" whatsis. I check every day, usually more than once. And it's junk! There's a guy who posts individual photos of old signs. Hundreds of them! Every day. I want one sofa. Just one. Curved wood back. It would be great if I didn't have to recover it even if it wasn't perfect. Of course I'd fall for other things, but I really want an old sofa.

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

$10??? This could be great--looks like good quality, mid-century construction!

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, look at this set. The two etageres alone are worth the asking price! I can see Beekeeper's wife doing something wonderful with this!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bamboo D/R Set

• petepie
    10 years ago

How do you get the pictures off CL?

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Some people copy them to photobucket and others do a direct img src=

• celticmoon
    10 years ago

I like the base of this - kind of a celtic trinity knot. $30.

Alas, glass and brass is the last thing I need.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

There certainly is a lot of brass and glass on CL! I normally dont even look at them, but this intrigued me:

{{!gwi}}

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

And even though they are brass and glass in the CT CL, you can't tell me that we haven't seen vintage shelves like these in magazines like House Beautiful. I think they're great.

Here is a link that might be useful: A PAIR!! ANTIQUE BRASS AND GLASS SHELVES - $100

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

my3dogs, I love those brass shelves--what a deal. I doubt they'll last long. Kind of glad it's too out of the way for me, or I think I'd grab them.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

CL 35.00:
    {{!gwi}}

1st Dibs, 1600.00

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 21:12

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

I love all the brass, but not the glass -- I would pick up one of those tables thinking to replace the glass with wood or, maybe, slate.

Bluemoon28, that oak chest would sell around here for less than $150. But I agree it is an attractive piece.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Mnt...I would grab that table in a minute. Have never seen a design like it and perfect for my style.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Hi Techinicolor, I didn't see your post yesterday. Are you serious? Do you want me to look for it? It would have been on the NYC/FairfieldCounty site.

I only looked for this thread because I wanted to post this one.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: stickley console

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Isn't it bizarre, these are on our NYC/Fairfield County CL for $40, listed as "dish cabinets"

{{!gwi}}

• celticmoon
    10 years ago

Yikes nosoccermom, $1600 for the round chrome swivel table at first dibs? I snapped up a pair last year for $50. Where is that third one??

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Mnt...I am too far a way to even consider garnering that table. It intrigues me too. Something says it was hand made (hacked) from parts, but looks well done. Have never even seen anything similar. Would love to know the background, a company that produces these and others or is hand built. Thanks for your offer though.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

@celticmoon

In the DC area. Another one on 1st Dibs actually sold for 1495.00, but I'm always wondering who pays their prices.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

FINALLY!!!

Yesterday I bought my chinoiserie dining set! 4 side chairs, 2 arm chairs, a table base and a HUGE glass top for $80!

No idea what I'm doing with them.

Looking for a 24 x 48 piece of glass on CL to put on the table base to turn it into a desk for the Show House along with one arm chair. But other than that....I don't know what I'll do with it!

I'd take a picture, but the entire set is spread out in the house right now! Some chairs in the dining room to see how they fit with the table, some chairs went to the basement, I mean my workshop, the giant piece of glass is in the mudroom, the table base is just in the hallway/foyer waiting for its next stop.

Just had to share.
    Bee

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, please, post a picture of one of the chairs Bee. I'd love to see it!

• celticmoon
    10 years ago

DC is a bit far.

This Baker Milling Road desk OTOH is down the street. $225. A little big for my spot though I am trying to figure out a place...

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Celticmoon, I love that desk!!

• jjam
    10 years ago

I agree....Celticmoon, that desk is worth a little crowding! There is so much UGLY home office/desk/storage stuff out there. That is a gorgeous piece that would also be functional.

• khayalami
    10 years ago

My son graduates from college this May, and have been searching for stylish bachelor furniture for him.

Any thoughts on the following, good deal or just junk?
    I am just just take the 2 blue chairs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sofa set

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

I thought this looked kinda neato for 40 bucks...

Here is a link that might be useful: chair

• teeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

khayalami, the furniture you are considering looks very commercial to me. It looks like something you would see in the common areas of a college dormitory, or a library or waiting area. I'm sure it's solid and will last forever, and it also is probably incredibly heavy and will be difficult to move. Were you planning to reupholster it?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

ooh, Celtic, nice desk. And nice price.

I noticed that on our local CL a lot of stuff is overpriced. I've been eying an old dresser and the woman first had no price and now says it is $1275. Huh? She does know this is CL, right?

• User
    10 years ago

It seems like our craigslist stuff is antique shops offering their stuff at regular price. Oh, and the people who want $150 for their trash. And I'm still watching for a nice wood frame sofa.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Haha, my CL also has a:
    Double Stainless Steal Sink & Counter - $380 (Dumfries) and
    Helzburg Stainless Steal Wedding Band - $75 (Manassas Park) --- men's, never worn

• khayalami
    10 years ago

wma89 Thanks for pointing it out, I now see what you mean about it being too commercial. I was planning on getting the chairs diy-upholstered. Will keep on searching :)

• alex9179
    10 years ago

150 is the limit, right? I'll go ahead and take it :)

This is listed for 375 and I emailed the seller for a width measurement. I just love it! They call it by Dexter, but I think it's Drexel - only I can't find anything like it when I do a search. I only see Drexel's chinoiserie in black.

This will be great for book and incidentals storage.