Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

o
Craigslist Deals of the Day

Posted by WMA89 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 11:10

As much as I love the Craig's List Doozies, I'm also addicted to scrolling through for potential deals. I have learned however, that just because something is beautiful and and a great deal, I don't need to buy it! So I was thinking it might be nice if we had a thread to highlight some of the great deals out there, in case anyone else could benefit. So I just saw this 30s enamel top, spool leg table for $30! Isn't this great??

Here is a link that might be useful: Craig's List Link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
correction

Oops, that table is $70, not $30-but still a good deal I think!

o
another floor

Also love this chair--would be a great accent chair painted in a bright color with a cushion/pillow. $65.

Here is a link that might be useful: CL Link

o
RE: Craigslist Deals of the Day

Fun idea! My heart wants to take this little chair in and give it a home. But I'm knee deep in CL stuff that doesn't quite fit in yet.

I'm always astounded at CL; prices seem to be either ridiculously high or way too low.

Here is a link that might be useful: come adopt this little chair!

o
antique sofa

Love the wood on this one. $125

Here is a link that might be useful: antique sofa

o

Beekeeperswife would sure have fun with that cane bottom chair and a spray paint can in a bright color!

o

I was thinking the same thing, tuesday!

o
antique child's chair

love this little chair . . .$35

Here is a link that might be useful: antique child's windsor chair

o
Brass Tea Table $30

I'm almost tempted to look at this one--$30!

Here is a link that might be useful: Brass Tea Table $30

o

Funny that I just saw one today that reminded me a bit of the style of the beautiful find my3dogs just posted. It's doesn't fit for me, but the price is low enough.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brass and glass coffee table for $25

o

WMA, boo hoo. Boy am I happy they don't have a set of those chairs!

I didn't get a deal of the day on CL today, but I found 2 Jonathan Adler lights at a consignment store. Both for $160. They are well over $350 each new. They are in perfect condition. I'm thinking of using them in my mbr sitting room, when I finally get to furnishing it! They give off plenty of light which is very surprising.

o

Those lamps are gorgeous, Beekeeperswife! And at $160 for the pair--a real score!

o

OMG, someone please go get that LaBarge table for $25!

I guess the glass/brass look is not appreciated by most folks. I see similar tables going for very low prices on our CL, too.

o
MCM Fans--check this out

$50 for the set of 4! Check out the other MCM furniture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Estate furniture--MCM

o

Here's one that is seriously tempting me. Nowhere to put it, but if I had a place ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Sheraton mahogany repro buffet

o

I hadn't heard about LaBarge tables but saw this ad for a sofa & coffee table on our craigslist. Not cheap, though.
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/fuo/4302962275.html

Also, my mom had this table. I believe my brother has it now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24309-LaBARGE-Brass-and-Glass-Round-Cocktail-Table-/271362931064

o

Chibimimi, love the grain in that sideboard.

Sundownr--if I was in Texas, I'd be after those tables. I think it's a great deal--love the console.

o

EXACTY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!!!! And the price is better than I had hoped.......But a little closer to Iowa, please!

o

Octagon Glass table $200, thick heavy glass on top no scratches. E-mail if interested!

Here is a link that might be useful: Octagon Glass Table - $200 (St Ansgar IA)

o

Love those MCM chairs for $50. That's a steal if they are in as good of shape as they look to be.

o

Those are beautiful LaBarge tables and love that antique sideboard. When we downsized about a year ago, we sold our coffee table and decided to just use a large ottoman since I love to put my feet up these days. I've also found that we had to sell the larger scale pieces and go with something smaller. Now if that perfect sized desk would just show up on my CL.

o

A dining set by Baker:

Table with custom glass top and two leaves. 8 side chairs and 2 arm chairs.

$500...about the cost of one Baker chair new...

o

One more and I'll stop...

I keep going back to look at this lovely Thomlinson Pavane server. Would make a lovely sofa table, entry table, media base.... $325, and it is within a mile.

I wish I had a spot for it.

Here is a link that might be useful: ad details and pix

o

This isn't my style at all, but I just think it is so beautiful that someone must want it! Vintage BAKER Sofa, Nailhead Trim, HAND CARVED SOLID WOOD, Down - $399

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Baker sofa

o

The Vintage Baker sofa could work for me but again, too far from Iowa! I'd rather have the other one posted the other day......in Connecticut! LONG way from Iowa. I can't stop thinking about it. There's never anything like that for sale around here.

o

Love this cabinet . . .$395

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Pine Cabinet

o

This would be gorgeous painted and with new fabric in a sunroom. It's unusual to find a set with 4 chairs. $425

Here is a link that might be useful: Rattan Set

o

I'm in love with that antique pine cabinet!

This may not be such a good deal if you choose to replace the cracked glass on top, but it's $50 in the Maine CL.

Ad reads "This is a 42L x 28W x16H glass top coffee table. The base, I believe, is cherry and the glass frame is brass. It's in 2 pieces and in good condition, except there is a crack at one corner of the glass. I've been using it like this for years and never had a problem, though you might want to replace the glass. I'm selling because I got something a little bigger. Nice for a small area."

But it's a bargain compared to the same one which has the base painted black on eBay at $1295, plus $199 shipping. Link below.

photo 00m0m_5r2Y2lVwq3L_600x450_zpsf835f3dd.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: VINTAGE BAKER STYLE COFFEE TABLE BLACK FAUX BAMBOO BASE REMOVABLE BRASS GLASS

o

OH, yes, love hat pine cabinet! If it were in my area, I'd buy it for books. So, maybe I need to go on a road trip to CT.

o

nosoccermom- grab that antique sofa while you're there! Gotta get that thing to Iowa!

o

Wow, is that rattan set Ficks Reed do you think? Really nice.

o

Love this MCM headboard--$75

Here is a link that might be useful: MCM Headboard

o

Great MCM chair. What can you get new for $225?

Here is a link that might be useful: MCM chair

o

$40--this could be great in the right space!

Here is a link that might be useful: $40 vintage red asian console

o

OMG--I love these chairs! $250 for the set!

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Kitchen Set

o

Bought this for $40 to reupholster and use with a round table in a small dining area. Teak or oak. Side lattice is one thick piece with cutouts. Very sturdy.

It came out of an old hotel lobby. The place was allegedly owned by the local mafia don who conducted his business out of the restaurant. The stories it could tell...

o

Celticmoon, I love it--and what provenance!

o

For free. Pine desk, bookshelves with cowhide.

Here is a link that might be useful: desk and bookcases

o

My best deal: Huge rustic breadboard table, with two extension leaves (leaning against window in bottom right of photo). Paid $180. Seats ten comfortably.

o

That table is gorgeous Tibbrix

o

Thanks, Lilsophie. It was a very lucky find. I felt guilty paying only $180 for it; nice young couple. It's very heavy, and nearly killed me when it almost fell on me when I was attaching the legs, each of which probably weighs 30 lbs.

o

And this hutch: $400, and the owner drove it to my house for me, since I couldn't get it into my car (it's one piece, genuinely old). A two-hour round trip!

o

I want to live where Tibbrix lives!! There isn't much here except junk and overpriced old stuff. Not Old Stuff, just old stuff. I'd have to store it another 40 years for it to be Old Stuff.

What I'd really like is for the owner of that first antique sofa to bring it to Iowa.

o

This one is all ready for the color of the year. Only $125.00 , located in Stuart Florida CL. All it needs is some minor paint touch-up.

photo craigsliststu1_zpsfb9c112e.jpg
 photo craigsliststu_zpsd3160ea7.jpg
 photo craigslistloveseat2_zpsae034e79.jpg

o

Edited, double post

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Fri, Feb 7, 14 at 20:08

o

A 1940s walnut dining table for $150. It needs work, but I love the details - rounded corners, turned legs, and 10 legs. Dimensions are 62" length 42" wide 30" high.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to ad

o

There are some wonderful things above! Jterrilynn, I'd be racing to grab that loveseat, although I don't care for the color of the year, so I'd be touching up the black.

Tribbix wasn't part of the board when I got my wonderful deal last summer on this antique pine German Hutch in Ogunquit, ME, so I have to show her mine. It will always be one of my favorites finds at $100.00. The wavy glass in the upper doors doesn't show in the pic, but it's there.

photo PARToftheentry072113_zps5e63c056.jpg

Today, I am picking up the glass topped coffee table below for $25. I'll take off the top and plan to make it into an ottoman.
The glass is cracked where I put the yellow circle, but I've already gotten a quote to replace the glass with mirror, and perhaps hang it on a wall some day!

photo CLtablewithcrack_zps077466c0.jpg

I've always liked the legs on Thibaut fabric covered ottoman that mtnrdredux plans to buy for her place in Maine, pictured in her post linked below, but I'll likely do a 'one layer' firm top, not the pillow look. I'm excited! Possibly 2 pieces will result from a $25 purchase, and a nice lunch with Mum, who will accompany me on the 'adventure' at Stonewall Kitchen Cafe in York, ME.

Here is a link that might be useful: First pic, green and white topped ottoman at bottom right

o

My3dogs,

That hutch is fabulous! What a find, and for $100? Wow. That's in the category of my $180 breadboard table, I think - each probably worth @ $3,000. but really, it's the character of the pieces that make them amazing.

I also love that top mirror to the left of the hutch! You're in ME? I'm on Cape Cod, so I guess we share that old NE farmhouse style.

I apologize to the thread, though, because I realized after I posted my pics that this thread is really about what is NOW on CL, right? Not bragging about our purchased finds? Splitting hairs?

Love jterrilynn's settee! That looks like a great find. On the same page with my3dogs, re: the black, though. Hmmm...

o

So, JEALOUS!

o

What do you think of this coffee table? Not quite the $35 La Barge from above, but it looks to be in good shap

Here is a link that might be useful: Coffee table

o

Believe me, lov_mkitchen, the amount of junk on CL here is vast (as are the number of scoundrels). The key to CL, I have found, is to be patient. That gem will show up eventually.

o

The LaBarge table is wonderful and a classic. If you're thinking of buying it, I would. I have always loved that hoof foot design and I have linked to 1stDibs where the same one is $1800. There is also one on eBay for $479.00.

Here is a link that might be useful: Very Elegant Cocktail Table by LaBarge

o

Kellienoelle, the table is beautiful and I think that's a good price for a Labarge. The elongated oval is not my preference, but that's just me.

o

It's a far cry from the square upholstered ottoman that I was planning, but I just ordered a gold side table that I think would look nice with it. I emailed to see if still available and figure it's worth a look if so

o

Here’s a great little brass side table in Vero Fl for twenty bucks.
 photo CLbrassendtablevero20_zpsfc982e83.jpg

o

My3dogs, I'm so glad you're grabbing that coffee table. Can't wait to see it redone as an ottoman. Brilliant!

o

It's HERE and it's just beautiful. I need to decide on fabric, and I can't wait either!

jterrilynn, you may have LOTS of company in that new house of yours if you keep showing us these bargains you're finding down there. I'd bet my bottom dollar that is a LaBarge table.

o

ROAD TRIP!

o

This would be gorgeous as a coffee table. I would strip/sand it down, distress a bit and restain.

Here is a link that might be useful: $40 Chest

o

Love the shape of this. $15 !!

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Mirror $15

o

$15 for that mirror??? OMG - If you are close - GRAB it! And that chest would be a stunning coffee table!

When I see things like this, as prices lower than you can get something made of beaver board at a discount store, it's why I LOVE Craigslist.

I think these sweet bistro chairs are a nice buy at $50 for the set. Maine Cottage furniture 'Shrimp Shelley' fabric. I like the patina of the chair frames, but I have no place to use them.

photo 00Y0Y_8PQWQFKsgye_600x450_zps471318dd.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Set of bistro chairs Maine cottage fabric seats - $50 (Scarborough)

o

My3dogs, I love those chairs. I grew up spending the summers in Southern Maine, and had a very busy babysitting business so I spent a lot of time in some great old beach houses. Bentwood chairs like those, in varying styles and always painted, were classic in those cottage kitchens.

I am tempted by the $15 mirror, but I just don't have the right space for it. In the past I would have bought it and either found a space or stored it forever in the basement. We've downsized, so I am forced to change my ways--hence, I now get my thrill posting deals others might take advantage of!

o

Jeeze! I'd buy those chairs, the mirror and the chest and stockpile them for "someday". My machine shed is mostly empty.

o

Removing duplicate post

This post was edited by my3dogs on Sun, Feb 9, 14 at 15:07

o

In another time, I would have been on this.
Vintage Stove - $150 (Mission Viejo CA)
Kennmore, clean, electrical, sage color, Great condition!
. Stored for more than 20 years

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Stove - $150 (Mission Viejo CA)

o

This isn't to my taste, but it looks kind of like a Kingdom, so I thought some of you might get a kick out of it. ($125, Annapolis, MD)

photo image_zps10eb2426.jpg

o

I can't figure out if this is just so ugly it's cute or just the cutest desk chair ever - $50

Here is a link that might be useful: Douglas chair

o

It's dangerous because it only has 4 legs.

o

Oh, now I want it more. There's also a dangerous footstool that matches.

o

I missed out on one of these by not looking at CL 24/7. It was listed for 5 hours, and I was third in line. sigh....Oh, and the seller had it listed for $150. Ohhhh, it shoulda been mine....

o

That is so incredibly beautiful....

o

Olychick,
nothing like living dangerously :)

That ram table is wow!

o

I feel like we rarely have good stuff come up on the Portland Craigslist, but I did just see this. Too bad I'm looking for an end table instead of a coffee table.

Here is a link that might be useful: La Barge table for $100

o

Cool eagle head coffee table and end table PBC Fl CL $400. photo image_zps3ee68d54.jpg. photo image_zps16042ec4.jpg photo image_zpsfb4c11f9.jpg

o

Oh, the kingdom mirror fouramblues posted!!! maybe it's close enough to make it into victoria eliz barnes blog! would love to read about her getting it. And that loveseat would be great in the right spot, but of course, no room here for any of these wonders at my house. Seeing such truly great things like those tables gives me a slender hope that someday, I'll find an awesome deal on something that I can squeeze into my place.

o

Here's another coffee table--$60.

Here is a link that might be useful: modern coffee table $60

o

sujafr, I'm glad you got my reference to Victoria Elizabeth Barnes! I wasn't trying to be obscure, just figured a lot of people around here read her blog. :)

o

It's not big enough to be a challenge for her. How easy could it be to put it in the back seat of your car, drive it home and hang it without cleats to keep it from falling down!

o

Ahh, too true, but since she wants to cover her walls with them, maybe a small one could still work...though definitely no challenge getting it home there.

o

$99 for the table and four chairs! Owner says it's 20 years old--looks older to me, unless it's a nice reproduction. Love the barley twist legs

Here is a link that might be useful: Table and chairs

o

WMA89 - You are in a hotbed of GREAT finds! That's an amazing buy, and I love barley twist.

The Maine CL hasn't had great things like this lately, but on Tuesday, I found myself in the home where the 2 bistro chairs I posted above were! I had no idea, as I was there to buy some fabric she had posted, but when I saw the fabric above in her stash, I asked if the chairs were hers.

This WAS a Deal of the Day for me, as I got 4.25 yards of this Vervain linen for $20.00 total. I'll do a chair or something in it for spring/summer.

It sells on the link below for $92.99 per yard, and 'retail price' is $110.00 per yard, which to me = CRAZY!

photo CLVervainCarpazzoonLinenonPapaya4yds200021114_zpsd9522514.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Carpazzo On Linen - Papaya

o

Wow, my3dogs, that fabric is gorgeous--what a deal!

Yes, I have no problem finding great things on CL (or thrift stores, etc.). I just can't buy anything more, unless I have a need and a plan for it! However, I did just spot a pair of Calico Corner down club chairs that might be perfect in my family room. I've emailed the owner for more information.
I knew I'd eventually get caught playing with fire!

o

As jealous as I am I, too, can not bring anything else into this house unless something of equal size leaves. I don't have much left to choose from. So I guess it's a good thing nothing I want is posted on my CL. Still want that antique sofa from above.

o

WMA89, bee-yoo-tiful table!

o

No deals, but lots of good stuff on CL lately...

this French table from the 1800s made of fruitwood is beautiful.

and this buffet... I hope someone buys it just to rescue it from the dealer who wants to paint it with chalk paint...

velvet Chesterfield sofa..

o

Ohhhh,
where is that French table?

Here's my deal of the day. Love it, but can't really use it.
Antique English Pine, 250.00

Here is a link that might be useful: antique pine armoire

o

Bluemoom - what were the prices on the pieces you posted?

WMA - can't wait to see those chairs - they SOUND lovely!

nosoccermom, I am a fool for English pine; just adore it. That's a nice price!

Now this is more of a 'doozie', but it's FREE. And when I look at it, my brain sees the type of re-dos that I show in the link below. I wrote about it an hour after it was posted, and was second in line. First person didn't show up, so now it's my turn. It may be total crud, but it also may be able to be re-worked into something like the pics in the link!

photo CLFreeCampaignchest021514_zps3b0221bf.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY campaign chests

o

my3dogs - If I would have seen that here, it would already be in my house!! See! I TOLD you guys nothing worthwhile ever shows up here!

o

lov mkitchen, THANK-YOU! It's nice to see there are others who have a vision to transform 'stuff'. The ad is titled ' ugly functional chest of drawers', and the text reads 'offered is chest of drawers, ugly but functional, 2 drawer supports need re-tacking but has been working ok without...am moving so it must go'.

Re-gluing and tacking in the drawer slides is nothing, and the hardware is similar to some I see in the link below. The photo in her ad is fuzzy, but I see they are recessed, but can't tell if they are screwed on from the front or back. I hope it has possibilities!

Here is a link that might be useful: Military Style Flush Mount Recessed Handle

o

Are you going to put the metal corners on it?

o

It depends on what it looks like as to how much I want to put into it. She did just email the dimensions which are 42" wide, 30" high and 16" deep.

Look at this one that a woman made into a kitchen island - wow! Most of the ones I see are 'Ikea Rast Hacks'.

photo 2DSC_0001-1_zps6d56ba51.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Little Green Notebook - DIY Campaign Style Kitchen Island

o

But it needs the metal all over each outside corner. Campaign chest went on the campaign with the soldier. Had to hold up to travel.

I wish I had that buffet, too!

Went on a road trip yesterday. I knew it would be old painted furniture and it was. But it was grey and brown, not fuchsia and lime. But I didn't want to pay $95 and then still have to strip it. And stripping would have taken off the old fashioned painted wood grain. I did buy 2 more globes.......I would have bought 4 but she wouldn't deal on the other two. And the really cool world map on the wall wasn't for sale. Anything more than 3 is a collection.....?

o

Here's a large beautiful mirror for $40 in the Palm Beach County CL LOL!!! It may be a deal if you can get past the hunk of burnin man cake reflection .

photo CLlargebeautifulmirror_zps34719354.jpg

o

No price listed on the sofa. The buffet is 899.00 and the table is 3200.00. Like I said earlier, these are not deals, just great pieces of furniture. :)

o

I've never seen anything like this. It looks like one of those things that I think is gosh-awful, and someone here would do something amazing with it and then I'd be jealous. (Columbia, MD, $250)

photo image_zps73e56659.jpg

o

Wow! While I love the color orange, I looked at this and immediately thought 'Alligator sofa'!

I'd want to do it in a soft linen fabric and make a single, less rigid seat and back cushion, with down pillows in a coordinating print.
I'd hate to paint the frame though. It looks quite 'non welcoming' at the moment, but could have potential!

And the large beautiful $40 mirror in jterrilynn's post - well, it's hard to even see it with all the other items in the shot, yes, including the photo taker. Yikes!

I go to pick up my free pig-in-a-poke 'campaign chest' above at noon time. Will it become firewood, or can it be made beautiful? I'll know soon....

o

Keep us posted about that chest!
(I, too, have a weakness for English Pine, so maybe that armoire is in my future. Just don't know how to get it up the stairs. Hey, it says it can be dissassembled...)

o

I have a missed opportunity. 8 milling road chairs posted for $450 total (all 8). I missed out on them (I wasn't first to call). And now they're back on dc craigslist for $3000(!!!!!!!!) for the set.
Sorry for putting in the link - I'm Not sure how to get the image into this post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Milling road chairs

o

Well, it doesn't mean that someone will actually pay 3K for the chairs. I bought a Henredon china cabinet for 350.00 that was offered on 1st dibs for 14K and 6K on Ebay. When DH vetoed it, I resold it for 500.00.

o

Wow, I bet the person who sold them will be surprised to see them on CL for the 'new' price, which I don't think anyone will pay.

The chest is here! The hardware alone is worth the 5 mile drive to get the piece. Six heavy brass recessed handles, the closest I can find to them are ones for $20.50 each, plus shipping at Vintage Hardware and Lighting.

The chest itself will be painted again, as it's made of pine, in Finland! Drawers are dovetailed both front and back, and with the handles mortised in, I was a bit surprised to see it's all pine. I will take a bit of the paint off before sanding everything smooth and re-painting, just to see what it looks like, but I feel it was painted from 'birth'. It's vintage, not antique, but it can only get better. Now to think about a paint color...

Here is a before and after pic of the hardware. Normally I'd like the patina, but not for this piece.

photo Brasscampaignchesthardware5_zps13e75b35.jpg

o

"Just don't know how to get it up the stairs"

If you bring it to my house, there aren't any stairs. You can back up to the front door right over the two steps.

o

LOL, lov_mkitchen, how far away are your stairs? Well, it can be disassembled. Still don't think I "need" it, but I want it.

Great score, my3dogs!

o

nosoccermom, Two front steps. the pick up bed will fit right over them. I can back right up to the front door, drop the tailgate and slide that baby off right into my living room. Been there, done that! And not so long ago, either! Then slide it on it's side to where I'm going and lift it up to standing position. Piece 'o cake!

o

This is kind of cool! Vintage vinyl loveseat, Treasure coast CL, $45 bucks.
 photo CLvinylevintageloveseat45_zpsd42f2ed8.jpg

o

For all those whove been lusting after brass/glass tables, this is a nice one IMHO

o

jterrilynn, the back of that sofa looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shell.

And lol@ the hunk o' man cake in the mirror. Good thing the reflection doesn't come with the mirror!

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 21:32

o

I thought this was a sweet little 1950's table for $50 including a protective glass top - not sure that it's maple though:

1950's Maple Dining Room Table Glass Top - $50
61" needs a little TLC, thick round glass top. Protects agiast disasters.

Here is a link that might be useful: $50 table

o

Love the brass/glass table that mtnrdredux posted. Is that from CL? Price?

Also the round one above for $50! I wonder what the TLC needed is? Even if someone wanted to paint it, that is a great buy!

This post was edited by my3dogs on Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 9:34

o

Wow, lots of beauties since I last checked in. Mtnrdredux, Iove that table. My3dogs, I'm so glad you got that campaign chest. Can't wait to see what you do with it! BTW, I decided not to look at the pair of Calico Corner down chairs after speaking to the owner. Couldn't get her to commit to the condition and she sounded like a smoker! I'm ultra picky about upholstered stuff unless I plan to get it reupholstered.

o

Just wondering.....are any of you concerned about bed bugs when you look at/buy stuff? I was under the impression they hid in fabrics but there was a very publicized case in Iowa last year where they were brought into a home on a bed frame. Obviously the house was infested. I know it's possible to bring them home just because your clothing or purse was close enough for live ones to hitch a ride. I'm ulta paranoid about bugs! Even though I live on a farm, bugs have a place and it is not inside my house! The Asian beetles have me on super high alert.

o

lov_mkitchen, yes--I'm very cautious about bed bugs. Always bring a flashlight, and follow standard instructions on checking for bedbugs. I would only buy upholstered furniture if I was very comfortable with the seller's environment (i.e., a very lovely home in a very nice area!). Otherwise I wouldn't buy it unless I was planning to have it stripped down and reupholstered. However, fear of bedbugs would not stop me from buying used furniture, whether it was from CL, an antique shop or consignment. Technically, you can catch bed bugs anywhere--movie theaters, restaurant seating, taxis, etc., but that doesn't stop me from utilizing those.

o

Yes, the table is from Craigslist in Fairfiled County CT.
It has antiqued mirror, not glass, just to be clear.

It is for sale for $300. IIRC they said they paid $600, so IMHO they should take a lot less then $300.

o
MCM Windsor Chair

This is so cool. It would be amazing in the right setting.

Here is a link that might be useful: MCM Windsor chair

o

Okay, I love these too. $100 each for a Baker chair. They look incredibly comfortable

Here is a link that might be useful: Baker Dining chairs

o

WMA89, you live in a great CL area!

I got this Baker side table from CL last fall. I'm doing a bit of refinishing on it but will use it as a night stand. It's VERY heavy as the pine is a veneer over oak. It has faux bamboo legs, which I love. I assumed the dark lines I could see in his ad pic (below) were painted, but they are inlaid wood.

In one of the seller's pics in his ad, I could see a brass oval label in the the drawer, and asked him what it said - "Baker Furniture". I got it for $20. ;-)

photo 00B0B_gbGyTWl7RXb_600x450_zps90055af0.jpg

o

Ooh, I love that little table My3dogs. $20?? Can't wait to see it finished!

o

Aaagh! More Milling Road chairs! Thanks for the link. Too far from me, but look like a pretty decent price

o

I have a feeling there is a beautiful piece of furniture under this. Its advertised as a dresser $50 OBO, Treasure Coast CL.
 photo CLwooddress50_zpsac1b4a7c.jpg

Or, this cute chair for $45

photo CLNiftychair45lakeworth_zpsd562517d.jpg

o

The price on this chest isn't low (425.00) but I'm wondering if it's a deal. Oak is not my favorite wood, but I really love the finish and the unusual handles. Opinions?

Check out this sofa, 200.00 OBO. If I only had a space...

o

The sofa reminds me of the late-50s cars with tail fins.

(Does it have two different types of feet?)

o

I'm just dying of jealousy over the stuff that you all can find on your CLs. Ours is a vast wasteland of Rent a Center and IKEA furniture that sellers believe has appreciated in value with age, smoke, and pet damage.

I check almost daily, yet I have no rug, no floor lamp, and no coffee table to show for it.

Oh, for the days when I lived in a good CL area....long gone, much missed!

o

You and me, both, leafy02! Every single description is prefaced with "antique" whatsis. I check every day, usually more than once. And it's junk! There's a guy who posts individual photos of old signs. Hundreds of them! Every day. I want one sofa. Just one. Curved wood back. It would be great if I didn't have to recover it even if it wasn't perfect. Of course I'd fall for other things, but I really want an old sofa.

o

$10??? This could be great--looks like good quality, mid-century construction!

o
Hollywood Regency fans

Wow, look at this set. The two etageres alone are worth the asking price! I can see Beekeeper's wife doing something wonderful with this!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bamboo D/R Set

o

How do you get the pictures off CL?

o

Some people copy them to photobucket and others do a direct img src=

o

I like the base of this - kind of a celtic trinity knot. $30.

Alas, glass and brass is the last thing I need.

o

There certainly is a lot of brass and glass on CL! I normally dont even look at them, but this intrigued me:

o

And even though they are brass and glass in the CT CL, you can't tell me that we haven't seen vintage shelves like these in magazines like House Beautiful. I think they're great.

photo 00E0E_bnnDbJdeppf_600x450_zpsbf8062f5.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: A PAIR!! ANTIQUE BRASS AND GLASS SHELVES - $100

o

my3dogs, I love those brass shelves--what a deal. I doubt they'll last long. Kind of glad it's too out of the way for me, or I think I'd grab them.

o

CL 35.00:

1st Dibs, 1600.00

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 21:12

o

I love all the brass, but not the glass -- I would pick up one of those tables thinking to replace the glass with wood or, maybe, slate.

Bluemoon28, that oak chest would sell around here for less than $150. But I agree it is an attractive piece.

o

Mnt...I would grab that table in a minute. Have never seen a design like it and perfect for my style.

o

Hi Techinicolor, I didn't see your post yesterday. Are you serious? Do you want me to look for it? It would have been on the NYC/FairfieldCounty site.

I only looked for this thread because I wanted to post this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: stickley console

o

Isn't it bizarre, these are on our NYC/Fairfield County CL for $40, listed as "dish cabinets"

o

Yikes nosoccermom, $1600 for the round chrome swivel table at first dibs? I snapped up a pair last year for $50. Where is that third one??

o

Mnt...I am too far a way to even consider garnering that table. It intrigues me too. Something says it was hand made (hacked) from parts, but looks well done. Have never even seen anything similar. Would love to know the background, a company that produces these and others or is hand built. Thanks for your offer though.

o

@celticmoon

In the DC area. Another one on 1st Dibs actually sold for 1495.00, but I'm always wondering who pays their prices.

o

FINALLY!!!

Yesterday I bought my chinoiserie dining set! 4 side chairs, 2 arm chairs, a table base and a HUGE glass top for $80!

No idea what I'm doing with them.

Looking for a 24 x 48 piece of glass on CL to put on the table base to turn it into a desk for the Show House along with one arm chair. But other than that....I don't know what I'll do with it!

I'd take a picture, but the entire set is spread out in the house right now! Some chairs in the dining room to see how they fit with the table, some chairs went to the basement, I mean my workshop, the giant piece of glass is in the mudroom, the table base is just in the hallway/foyer waiting for its next stop.

Just had to share.
Bee

o

Oh, please, post a picture of one of the chairs Bee. I'd love to see it!

o

DC is a bit far.

This Baker Milling Road desk OTOH is down the street. $225. A little big for my spot though I am trying to figure out a place...

o

Celticmoon, I love that desk!!

o

I agree....Celticmoon, that desk is worth a little crowding! There is so much UGLY home office/desk/storage stuff out there. That is a gorgeous piece that would also be functional.

o

My son graduates from college this May, and have been searching for stylish bachelor furniture for him.

Any thoughts on the following, good deal or just junk?
I am just just take the 2 blue chairs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sofa set

o

I thought this looked kinda neato for 40 bucks...

photo chair_zpse26a4fbc.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: chair

o

khayalami, the furniture you are considering looks very commercial to me. It looks like something you would see in the common areas of a college dormitory, or a library or waiting area. I'm sure it's solid and will last forever, and it also is probably incredibly heavy and will be difficult to move. Were you planning to reupholster it?

o

ooh, Celtic, nice desk. And nice price.

I noticed that on our local CL a lot of stuff is overpriced. I've been eying an old dresser and the woman first had no price and now says it is $1275. Huh? She does know this is CL, right?

o

It seems like our craigslist stuff is antique shops offering their stuff at regular price. Oh, and the people who want $150 for their trash. And I'm still watching for a nice wood frame sofa.

o

Haha, my CL also has a:
Double Stainless Steal Sink & Counter - $380 (Dumfries) and
Helzburg Stainless Steal Wedding Band - $75 (Manassas Park) --- men's, never worn

o

wma89 Thanks for pointing it out, I now see what you mean about it being too commercial. I was planning on getting the chairs diy-upholstered. Will keep on searching :)

o

150 is the limit, right? I'll go ahead and take it :)

This is listed for 375 and I emailed the seller for a width measurement. I just love it! They call it by Dexter, but I think it's Drexel - only I can't find anything like it when I do a search. I only see Drexel's chinoiserie in black.

This will be great for book and incidentals storage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here