Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melle_sacto_gw

Wallpaper for a small, kind of cluttered room?

I never thought I would want wallpaper, but I am seriously entertaining the idea for our master bedroom. It's a small bedroom, and I'm thinking of doing it for an "accent wall". The accent wall is the wall opposite where you're standing when entering the room, it has the only bedroom window, and our queen size bed is under the window - so functionally it already is an accent wall. There isn't really room for anything on the wall above our bed. The room feels crowded, we have two highboy dressers, a filing cabinet, a wall-length mirrored closet, and an exercise bike.

What do you think, is adding a fun wallpaper to the window/headboard wall a crazy idea, would it make the room feel MORE cluttered than it already is? Or would it draw away from the clutter?

EDIT: The layout of this room reminds me of our room, but MUCH smaller. Our bed is similar (low headboard, platform, attached side tables), but there is basically about 2 1/2' - 3' between the bed/closet, about the same between the foot of the bed and our highboys, and then a little bit more on the other side of the bed (thus fits the exercise bike). When you enter the bedroom, you are facing the left of the window, the left half of the bed, and directly facing the exercise bike)

Here is a link that might be useful: similar layout

This post was edited by melle_sacto on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 11:26

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists