Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kabergs

My newly painted rooms, lots of pics

kabergs
16 years ago

Ok, I ran around and took some pictures of my newly colored walls and here they are!

My foyer and hallway in Adobe:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

The kids playroom in Luminaire:

{{!gwi}}

The kids bathroom in Sunshine (the color in the first is how it reads most of the time:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

The bonus room (playroom/guest room/office) that needs wt's in Tulip LEaves:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

And finally, my bedroom. The w/ts aren't up yet as I haven't figured out exactly what I'm doing but that is my next post!:

Yes, I know I need bigger lamps!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I love all my new colors, yes, even the bedroom but I'm still getting used to it in full sunshine! I'm really happy with my bedding choice also, thanks for the help with that too!

Comments (35)

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

Lovely colors all of them and a lovely home as well.

You must be so thrilled.

• bungalow_house
    16 years ago

Yes, they all look beautiful. What a great job you did picking out several colors at once...not an easy task!

• moonshadow
    16 years ago

Great colors, all of them (are they EK paint?)
    Really like the Adobe ;)

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

Everything looks fantastic. I was fully expecting neon blue from your other post but it's really, really soft and pretty. Great job in every room!

• Happyladi
    16 years ago

You did a great job, all the colors look wonderful.

• midwestmom
    16 years ago

Love the Adobe, what kind of paint is it?

• polkadots
    16 years ago

They all look great - enjoy! I especially love the adobe - looks perfect in your house.

• User
    16 years ago

Your place looks wonderful! Great selection of colors that complement each room but still give your beautiful home a cohesive feel.

• bristlingacres
    16 years ago

WOW! You have a beautiful home! I love your color choices. They're really happy colors.
    Astrid

• ronniroo
    16 years ago

Is that blue bedroom the Azure color you were thinking might be too blue yesterday? It is GORGEOUS!!! Very pretty and relaxing for a bedroom.

And yes, the adobe is really nice too. Lucky you to have all those windows that keep it from being too dark!!

• skypathway
    16 years ago

wonderful color choices for you home.

sky

• kabergs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks! Yes, we're very pleased. All the paint is EK, she was wonderfully helpful and patient while I made my choices. And the bedroom is the Azure that I was thinking was too blue. In bright sunlight it is a little more "aqua-y" than I anticipated and I think that was making me nervous.

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Ohh, that is pretty!! I esp like the last shot, so peaceful and serene. Verrrry soothing.

• tfm1134
    16 years ago

Love all the colors you chose. You have a very warm and inviting home. Congratulations

• greenmtn
    16 years ago

Very nice - I especially love the foyer and bedroom. Great choices.

• Kathleen McGuire
    16 years ago

ALL the rooms look beautiful! The MBR is especially serene. If that is the look you were trying to achieve, then you were successful! Enjoy!

• amysrq
    16 years ago

Really wonderful! Please consider adding your pics to the EK thread on the Gallery side.

Luminaire was a serious contender for my back hallway and adjoining sitting room. It is really gorgeous. I can see yellow in my future!

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Beautiful colors!! I love that yellow in the kids bath. The prettiest I've seen. It's bright without being harsh.

• hoyamom
    16 years ago

I really love all of your colors. I am so proud that you took the plunge - now you need to push me into the "pool".

The blue looks very serene!! Love it!

• demeron
    16 years ago

Oooh, very warm and pretty.

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!

• jejvtr
    16 years ago

stunning, lovely, warm, inviting, tasteful,
    Congrats - how nice to have all newly painted walls - makes one really appreciate things more, doesn't it

• summiebee
    16 years ago

Beautiful home Beautiful colors.

Where did you get the foyer light fixture? Can you provide details about it. COmpany and style etc.?
    Thanks!
    Summie

• whenicit
    16 years ago

Love your MBR bedspread - where is it from? I must have missed that thread.

• patti_bee
    16 years ago

Every room is beautiful! I wanted to use Tulip Leaves in my house but didn't (due to inertia mostly) and it's such a wonderful green. Your photos make it look a little gray on my monitor but that's photos for you! Your home must feel so warm with these lovely colors around you.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Every room is beautifully painted with such pretty colors. The bedroom's blue color is gorgeous and peaceful looking. I love the Adobe with the white trim. I love the other rooms also. You did a wonderful job and I am glad we could all help out. Thank you for sharing.

What finish is on the walls and trim?

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    16 years ago

The Adobe is simply classic looking. Adore how and where you've used Tulip Leaves, just gorgeous. You did a beautiful job selecting the colors, they feel like they fit each of the rooms/areas very well. I can see them supporting a variety of different furniture and decor choices going forward -- pretty and flexible color choices.

• kabergs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I am still so happy to be rid of all that builders beige, which I saw was actually closer to compound putty than beige!! ICK! I am loving my new colors!!

Amy, yes I have to get those pics in hte EK thread in the gallery.

Summiebee, The chandie in the foyer is Kichler. I just found it on their website but it won't let me copy the link. It's the Cottage Grove in Carre Bronze.

whenicit, the master bdrm set is from JCP. I bought it almost a year ago. It's from teh Chris Madden collection, Westbury Hotel style. They don't show it on line anymore but I've seen a couple of sets still in my local store.

Lynn2006...the finish on the walls is EK's ICI Velvet Sheen. The trim is BM, not sure of the color and finish..that was builder stock/provided.

Funcolors, thank you! I love your creation, Tulip Leaves. It's an amazing color. Thanks for the validation on my selections, some (my bedroom) I agonized over. NOw all I need if for you or Ellen to come up with a "make the 3 year old twin boys stay in their room and go to sleep at bedtime" color and I'd be really really happy!

• hoyamom
    16 years ago

Kabergs - do you have edgewater green in your kitchen or dining room? I forgot if you were the one. How do you like it? I am thinking about it for my dining room/living room and wondered if it would look ok in a north facing room with not a lot of light. I don't want it to be too muddy bc I think I need some color in there. I think I am leaning away from the goldish colored paint.
    Just asking your advice bc you did such a wonderful job on your rooms!

• hoyamom
    16 years ago

Oops I meant EDGEWOOD GREEN not edgewater....:(

• kabergs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hoyamom,
    I have the EG in my kitchen/living room. I have a lot of light in the room but in most lighting conditions and even at night, its still green, not muddy. I get a ton of complements on it. It does go tan on occasion but not often. It is a remarkable neutral and goes well with my cherry cabinets and cherry furniture. I don't have a great picture of it because I don't have a lot of wall space in that room but let me see if I can get you one.

I have Moutarde in my DR (but that's the darker Mustard Seed).

• Kathleen McGuire
    16 years ago

Hoyamom, I also have the Edgewood Green in my kitchen. Kabergs and I actually agonized and painted the same color the same week! I would be happy to post pics. Actually, I will post on the new thread kabergs started.

• teacats
    16 years ago

Looks gorgeous! What wonderful rooms! :)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    16 years ago

Now all I need if for you or Ellen to come up with a "make the 3 year old twin boys stay in their room and go to sleep at bedtime" color and I'd be really really happy!

I'll get right on that, can't believe I didn't think of it! That full spectrum color is so mystical and magical, surely it will work. lol! :-)

Don't know if I'm allowed to share or not, but... I got a rough draft of Ellen's upcoming Winter Newsletter today.

She has been working with a group of designers and color professionals to come up with a brand new palette. She took their favorite wall colors, mixed them FS and will be rolling the new colors out shortly.

I haven't seen any one else's color submissions, but from reading the newsletter it sounds like too much darn fun! I can't wait to see them.

My color in the collection is called Powdered Pebbles. I tried to come up with a "taupe" that didn't fight yellow and that would work with a wide range of wood tones. Taupe notoriously prefers white, as they say, so I tried to spin that a bit. It's a color I used throughout most of my sister's house. So it's kind of a new favorite for me, not a signature or go-to color. But, they let me in any way! :-)

• kabergs
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I knew she was working on the new colors, they sound exciting! Even though I don't have anything that needs painting I'm still really anxious to see them. Your taupe sounds really cool....can't wait to see it. I'm patiently waiting for the newsletter. I almost went with the FS Blue she was considering for the collection instead of the Azure in my bedroom until Ellen realized it was really close.

My boys are still horsing around in their beds 40 min after I put them in. I suspect myself and a lot of other moms would pay top dollar for that color!

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!