Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Ok. Get this paint combo.

CEFreeman
12 years ago

I'm not really ready to paint, given the fact the drywall in this room isn't completely installed and definitely not finished yet.

However, I have big paint squares hanging on the wall.

The room is my den, which when I die and someone sells my home, could become a formal dining room. It's off the kitchen and is roughly 10' x 16'. It has a HUGE window that takes up most of the front wall. 81"w x 70something"s. Lots of light. More than most humans can survive.

I've always wanted a purple room. The trouble has been the purple. Hate Crayola colors. Hate blue-y and pinky purples. I have been looking for a deep eggplant color, but extremely dusty. SOOOO hard!

But I found BM's Kasbah. Rockin' it! [LOL]

Then, I found another Affinity color the other day that compliments it so well (IMHO) that I've got it tacked up next to the Kasbah. It's the Weimeriner (or something like that. Named after the dogs).

I just realized, though, that a zillion creams to taupes look fabulous with this Kasbah. My floors are a chocolate, wide plank some wood or another. Gorgeous.

So I have one room in my entire house settled.

Whew.

Comments (21)

• franksmom_2010
    12 years ago

Well, it's no fun for us if we can't see it, too! Make with the pictures, already!

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

franksmom, of the unfinished drywall and the squares?

Isn't it a rule that to be a member of this board you have to have the BM paint chippy thing? [LOL]

I just tried. With only a cell phone and the color resolving as grape? No. I'm going to have to leave it to imagination. I know once I upload it, my monitor will resolve it as grape-pink. ICK!!

I know.
    Maybe one day when I paint...

[whisper] don't guilt me. It works!

• IdaClaire
    12 years ago

Kasbah:

Weimaraner:

• busybee3
    12 years ago

perfect!! we have weimaraner in our bedroom and it is a great color! it looks like it will be fantastic with kasbah!

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Darn.
    They do resolve pink.
    Thank goodness I know that about my monitor.

busybee3, do you have direct or indirect light in your bedroom? I'm curious as to how it changes.
    So far, so good in my den!

• Susan
    12 years ago

that will be gorgeous, can't wait to see pictures when you are done.

• jab65
    12 years ago

Those colors look gorgeous together. I'm absolutely, positively no color expert, but I wonder about those colors in lots of light. Seems like it would wash them out. I picture them in a room without huge windows. Others will say I'm nuts, so take it with a grain of salt.

• les917
    12 years ago

Love both colors! Not sure I love them together, tho. I think using two grey-toned colors in the same value may feel kind of dead, and not let either color shine.

• User
    12 years ago

Agree with les about the combination. Each color is stunningly saturated and beautifu but I think the success of this combo will turn on the trim color. What have you picked for the molding, ccf?

• caminnc
    12 years ago

I agree with les and kswl. I don't think I would ever use these two colors together.

• busybee3
    12 years ago

the room gets lots of direct light, but i have wooden blinds and lined panels on the windows which completely block out the light--- i haven't ever posted pictures before, but will try to figure it out and take some this weekend with curtains open and also closed for you to get idea of how it looks... i like the color both ways!
    because of it's undertones, the weimaraner can take on a purplish tone at night---the kasbah would probably intensify that!

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I haven't decided on trim color. I'm actually considering staining anything I install a dark color to match the floor. The floors look beautiful with these hues.

Hmm.. besybee3, thanks. I'd love to see the pics even tho my monitor seems to have an affinity to pink. Come to think of it, so does my TV. Every room on HGTV turns into something pink.

Anyway, I am loving the combination squares here on my walls. It's handling the light from my huge window well, and at night, the Weimaraner does pick up a little purple to gray tone. I'm loving that, too.

So far, so good.

What'cha think of a tangerine bedroom. JUST KIDDING! [whisper] I think.

• fishpants
    12 years ago

I think it's a great combo, from what I can see with kasbah. I have had a sample of the weimeraner color on my wall for over a month. It actually has a green-gray undertone, which would go really well with the purple kasbah. At least in my thoughts!

• cindyloo123
    12 years ago

The two colors look great together on paper. I guess how they will look in the room depends on where you intend to use them. What are you painting with each color?

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well.
    Until I found the Weimerimer, the Kasbah was going to be the walls. But I'm loving the former, too, but then what would I do with the latter I've loved for months?

What's a girl to do? [twisting index finger in dimple]

I have no idea.
    At this point, I still have to get the drywall done.
    I'm thrilled to find two paints I love!

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

I like these colors. Busybee3, I'd love to see pics.

Don't know if they'd work for us, but our MBR does not get a lot of light compared to the rest of the house.

• busybee3
    12 years ago

ok...here goes... an attempt- in daylight, but with drapes mostly closed...

so, that's weimaraner...you can see with drapes open pic that it looks lighter---tho, colors aren't true in these pics. but, they bring out the purplish cast that the color has, that's for sure!
    i have never seen an undertone of green in this color, but there is gray...

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow.
    I like the purplish cast! :)
    I'm glad there isn't any green in this particular paint. I am using a lot of very gray green, but in this room I don't want to. I love it.

Now I don't know which I want to do. Walls Kasbah & trim Weimaraner, or visa versa. I was thinking trim in Wiemaraner.

I'm so not there yet. The drywall isn't even finished in this room. But I gotta plan and dream.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these. It sounds like you like it and are very happy with it, too. :)

Christine

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Busybee, love your room, and love the color. I think I'm going to have to get a paint chip of this. :)

Of course, I will have no time to paint until school lets out in May.

• pammyfay
    12 years ago

Christine--

I just want to let you know something: I was sitting at a red light today, where 2 major roads intersect, some shops all around, and this thought pops into my mind: There's a BenMoore store here! I look around, it's right past the intersection, and there's a driveway right in front. I CAN GO SEE THOSE PAINT COLORS THAT CE POSTED ABOUT!

Why? Dunno. But clearly the names of the paint colors stuck in my mind for some reason. I really have no need (or excuse, I should say) to paint -- I do have to repaint my bedroom (just painted last summer, but I hate what it looks like), but really no reason.

So I figure, if there's nobody on my bumper when I'm near the driveway (it's thisclose to the intersection), I'll turn in and investigate.

Now I have the paint chips of Kasbah and Weimeraner.

They are GORGEOUS! Yes, to me, some colors and color combinations are worth yelling about! hahahaha. I'm not a Weimeraner-color kind of person (the beige/greige neutrals) -- most of my house is a very light blue. Well, except for the finished basement. Hmm... maybe... just maybe!

And really, there is something remarkable simple with that specialty line of paints -- I can see how easy it is to color-coordinate different paint chips there.

Please do post when the project comes together!

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

pammyfay, it'll be a while before photos are in order.

Aren't they just beautiful!?!
    Or should I say they just speak to each other?

I think there is a gray-ness to them that smooths everything out. I saw some blues in there, dusty blues.

My sister brought me some fabulous fabric from Indonesia. I plan to make flat panel blinds with them and match paint to the fabric. I love that look. Anyway, they're a gray/steel blue. Never thought I'd put blue in this house, given the fact everything including the commode was blue in this house when we moved in. Insipid, early 70's blue.

But today's blues....
    I'm so glad you have seen them in person!
    Thanks for taking a look. :)