Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seen any nice PINK throws lately?

Posted by sueb20 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 10:26

Seems like every time I get something stuck in my head, I can't find what I'm looking for. My master bedroom is primarily gray and ivory. New comforter is gray, headboard upholstered gray, rug...gray. Sheets, drapes, lampshades...ivory. I have a set of pink sheets that I love, and I want a few more pink accents around the room. I have looked everywhere (I think!) for a pale pink throw that doesn't say "baby girl"...or possibly a pink and gray patterned/textured throw. Can't find what I want! Have you seen any? Any recommendations on where to look? I have checked PB, West Elm, William Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, Layla Grace, Pine Cone Hill, Garnet Hill, Company Store, TJ Maxx...even Target! I want something sort of luxe feeling -- not a quilt -- possibly cashmere or cashmere-looking. I also don't want to spend $300 on something I'll just throw across the bed. Definitely under $200.

Below is a link to my new comforter, which I love. I couldn't handle the duvet/cover mess any longer. I don't have the shiny bedskirt and pillows, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: comforter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seen any nice PINK throws lately?

Not sure what shade of pink you are looking for but here is a beautiful mohair magenta throw:

http://www.serenaandlily.com/Bedding/Bedding-Blankets-Throws-Magenta-Mohair-Throw

o

Check out the "Super Soft Borrego Blanket Throw" on Amazon.com. It looks like a pretty pink color. At $37.99, the quality or style may not be what you're looking for, but it seems to have a lot of great customer ratings.

Also found on Amazon in what looks to be a deep rose color: "Inner Mongolian Waterwave Cashmere Light Weight Throw & Shawl Wrap-The Highest Quality 4Ply 100% Pure Inner Mongolian Cashmere" for $155.95.
Lynn

This post was edited by lynninnewmexico on Fri, Jan 10, 14 at 18:10

o

Your comforter is gorgeous. I'll keep my eyes open but haven't seen anything that might "fit the bill". (As an aside, your mention of pink & grey immediately brought to mind my very favorite childhood dress -- a beautiful grey & pink plaid chemise).

o

I take it back - here's one, on One King's Lane.

Here is a link that might be useful: OKL pink cashmere throw

o

I found one! This is more the pink I'm looking for...

Here is a link that might be useful: pink throw

o

Have you looked at Etsy? I saw a pretty pink and gray tartan, but I am not sure how the pattern would look with that bedding.

o

Sue, the one you found is beautiful.

o

It's beautiful and on sale. Can't beat that price!

o

Below is a link to a nice pink and grey afghan on Etsy

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink and grey afghan

o

Love the one Badgergal posted!

o

I purchased two of these for my DDs former room to lay across the bottom of both twin beds. They are a great color, light as air but very warm.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mohair throw

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here