Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arcy_gw

Sara's House!!!?

arcy_gw
10 years ago

"Suburban Upgrade" We have discussed the blue dining room here to the point of beating a dead horse. I am logging on to ask a bathroom question. I obviously have not seen as many of this series' episodes as I thought. Two kids rooms. Both with "en-suit". SHE PUT THE BATHTUB IN THE BOYS ROOM!! Can anyone explain this to me??? The dream boys shower is in the girls room. It looked HUGE. There appeared to be more than enough room for a bathtub. What boy needs or uses a bathtub!!? What girl doesn't yearn for a good soak every now and again? What were they thinking??? Side bar: Four hours of "Sara" on a day when schools are closed and the thermometer in negative double digits says STAY INSIDE is a wonderful way to spend the unexpected gift of extra time!! It goes so well with ironing, tread mill and re-do a Christmas wreath before putting it away!!

Comments (6)

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Did the girls still get a tub and did the boys get a shower? If not, that's just plain weird.

My boy's used the tub after baseball to soak muscles. But that's it.

• peony4
    10 years ago

I saw a clip of that in passing, and it doesn't appear the girls bathroom has a tub. I hope they at least have a seat in the walk-in shower. I can't imagine my junior high years trying to perfect the fine art of leg-shaving without a tub or somewhere to sit. That's rather dangerous for a young rookie shaver.

• arcy_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The boys have a traditional bath/shower combo which is very unusual for Sarah. The girls only have the shower. I really think a person buying that home would want the shower/tub combo in both bathrooms. Why wouldn't you put a tub in? That was a HUGE miss IMHO

• violetwest
    10 years ago

not sure who Sara is, but maybe this was done per her family's preferences? (or is it for a client-dunno).

Really, a house needs only one tub, imo, and particularly for bathing small children. The rest can be showers. And yes, they need a seat!

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I agree with you that it would have made more sense to have the bathroom with the bathtub be the one attached to the girl's room. Luckily, the boy's bath was shared with the craft room, so it would be easy enough to switch the decor and gender assignment among the three bedrooms.

While I enjoy Sarah's designs very much, I disagree with her approach to bathrooms in general. She almost always puts in free-standing tubs which aren't really practical. You need somewhere besides a chair or tub side table to put soaps and shampoo, etc. Also, she often promotes having a family share one bathroom. While that's fine if you absolutely have no room for a separate master bathroom, it's not ideal to me.

This post was edited by Fun2BHere on Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 17:53

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

Violet, it's a show called Sarah's House on HGTV. She's a decorator that buys homes & redoes them on TV. She's a very talented lady.
    I just watched both of those shows today & I was thinking the very same thing. Why the girls bathroom doesn't have a tub is kind of silly! It's rare, but occasionally she does something I don't agree w/. But, w/ the decorating of the whole house, I'm sure that will not deter someone from buying it!! She's amazing!