Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geomeg_gw

Crate and Barrel media consoles...

geomeg
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at the media consoles from crate and barrel.
Does anyone here have the Pearson or Marin?

These are the two that I'm interested in and was looking for some feedback .

Thanks

Comments (4)

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

We have a media console at the lake we bought when we first were furnishing the condo. That was about 5 years ago. It doesn't get heavy use, but it is nice quality for what we needed it to be. And that was to provide some storage for the associated electronics equipment plus odd DVDs and games in baskets and be big enough to hold at least a 46" TV. They no longer sell the model we bought, but it is very similar to the smaller black Noche sold now. It took us about 30-45 minutes to assemble it.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

I have a C&B media console I bought in 2007. I don't see it on their site anymore, but it's mahogany with inset shaker doors on the sides and a glass door in the middle. I love it. Overall its shape and legs are similar to the Marin.

I love assembling things but at first, when I took out all the pieces and hardware and instructions, I thought, no way could I do it myself. I decided to see how far I'd get and the next thing I knew it was 95% done. It is VERY heavy and I needed a neighbor to help me get it right-side up (I built it upside down). With two people, it would go much faster and its weight shouldn't be a factor.

There's a ton of storage inside. I even store things un-media-related.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

FYI, they have a sale going on now, on media consoles, etc. 15% off.

FWIW, we did not purchase our media console at C&B, but did look at them during our search a couple of years ago. The ones we looked at all seemed well made. The one we did get (at Bloomie's.....the size, color, style worked best for our room) is a Maria Yee piece, and apparently, some of the media consoles at C&B also were (and may still be) made by Maria Yee. The salesperson (furniture mgr?) at C&B spoke very highly about MY furniture quality and construction.

We did get a walnut dresser for our guest bedroom from C&B (same time frame). We are very happy with it. It's not super high-end, furniture quality, but it is very well made, looks very nice, and serves our purpose well. C&B was terrific to deal with, too. The first dresser arrived with a small blemish on the top, and they arranged for a new one to be delivered (we called while the delivery guys were here, and the replacement was ordered right away). They even left the original one in our home until the replacement arrived so we could use it in the meantime. One of the drawers in the replacement dresser had a wobbly drawer glide, so the delivery guys swapped out the glide for us with one from the dresser that they were picking up. Not even a question or hassle, in fact, I think they offered to do it before we even asked.

You do want to see the furniture in person if you can. Some stuff (collections) are better made than others (a couple of dressers that we liked online, were definitely flimsier than others).

Here is a link that might be useful: C&B media event sale

This post was edited by cat_mom on Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 14:23

• geomeg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cat_mom thanks!
    The Marin media console is from Maria Yee and i was told is very well made. I'm just not sure it matches well in the living room.

I've ordered the Pearson and hopefully I'll like it.

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz