Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diginthedirt17

Small powder room - no window - Svelte Sage?

diginthedirt17
14 years ago

We have a small powder room on the first floor with no windows, just a white pedestal sink, mirror and toilet.

I'd like a dramatic color to make the white pop - would Svelte Sage be too dark without lighting?

Also - is Svelte Sage close to BM Tree Moss? Looks a lot alike...

Any pics of Svelte Sage in a room without windows?!

Thank you!!

Comments (14)

• allison0704
    14 years ago

I also have a small powder room w/no window. I used to antique sconces I brought from previous home. Plenty of light. It's also painted a green, but F&B French Gray:

• marisany
    14 years ago

Allison, your room is fantastic!

I have just finished a renovation including a powder room that is painted green, but it has a window, and the green is BM Sweet Caroline. I love it, but I think that it is much lighter than what you are looking for.

• nhb22
    14 years ago

Beautiful bathroom Allison!

diginthedirt17 - I think your powder room will look fine with a dark color. Mine is dark - even my ceiling - with white trim and no window.

• mitri89
    14 years ago

What a lovely bathroom Allison.

We're doing a rich color in our small windowless powder bath too. I love the way a white pedestal sink and toilet contrasts with a dark color. Svelte Sage is actually one color we're contemplating for ours too.

• straitlover
    14 years ago

I have Svelte Sage in my kitchen. The door has a blind that's always closed, and there's just one window over the sink, so it's kinda dark in there sometimes. No pictures, but I don't think it's too dark.

Of course, you could go one up on the strip; isn't it Grassland? I remember I was debating that and the SS when choosing for the kitchen.

My second bath has no window. I have Valspar Eddie Bauer Stonewashed in there. I don't think it's too dark in there; I love it! Granted, I do have a lot of white in the room - spacesaver over the toilet, countertop & sink, toilet, mostly white shower curtain w/ blue and green thin stripes, white globes on the light over the mirror.

• Lyban zone 4
    14 years ago

I think it would be OK with your white accessories .
    Some say that green is not good for puting on make-up but I am assuming this being a powder room that you would not be using it for this purpose.

• colorblind1961
    14 years ago

I too have a powder room without a window and it is painted Behr's Moss Gray - a pretty dark green and I get compliments all the time on the color.

• upa_lazy_river
    14 years ago

A friend of mine has Svelte Sage in her small powder room. She has a pedestal sink, etc., with hardwood floor and it looks fantastic! I asked her the color she painted it because it looked so good. I don't think you can go wrong!

• allison0704
    14 years ago

What pretty powder rooms everyone has! I love green...and fwiw, our MBath is the same F&B French Gray, but it's a fairly large room with a lot of windows so maybe that makes a difference when putting on makeup?

Thanks everyone! The best part I doesn't even show in the photo - copper ceiling with cedar beams and trim/crown.

• ctlane
    14 years ago

Allison, do you have a picture of your copper ceiling?

• tracey_b
    14 years ago

In the house we just sold, I used Svelte Sage in the basement, one room didn't have a window and it wasn't too dark. However, I wanted the basement bath to be green also and used Grassland (1 up from S.S.)--you couldn't tell the difference!

I'll see if I still have a pic on the computer of a dark-room's Svelte sage.....

• phillymom
    14 years ago

colorblind1961...I love that color but cannot find anything called Behr Moss Grey??

• colorblind1961
    14 years ago

Phillymom - Moss Grey is an old (6 years) Behr color - I used it in my previous home and loved it so much, I am using it again in this home. If you go to Home Depot, they will have it in their computer, but you probably won't see it up on the paint chip wall because it's an older color.