Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

Please share your favorite online decorating stores...

polly929
16 years ago

I only found GW a few months ago and can't get over the wealth of information I have found on here. Aside from Pottery Barn and Ballard, I didn't know of too many other online resources for furniture, lighting, accessories etc. Each time someone posts a link to a website, I have been adding them to my favorite places. I often scratch my head wondering "where do they find these?" I'm tired of PB and Ballard, can you guys share your favorite websites?

Comments (18)

• whenicit
    16 years ago

If you google things like "unique xyz" (whatever you are looking for) you'll find lots of unique sites.

Design Within Reach
    The Artful Home
    Museum of Modern Art
    Kaas Glassworks
    Lighting Universe (and many sister 'universe' sites)

Google is your friend :-)

• polly929
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks whenicit- I actually google everything- and my friends call me google queen- but when I google stuff for decorating I never find some of the cool websites that I have on here. One website I found in a magazine - Shades of light - never comes up when I google lighting, and it has the most beautiful bell jar lanterns. I bought one for my staircase.

• Tryin2Grow
    16 years ago

ok Polly, you asked for it.. :-)

If you scroll through the chit chat ;-p
    you'll find lots of catalog sites, etc listed on the link below.

Also, if you click on the "Home" page of the site, there is a major "shopping resources" list where you can find just about anything.

Here is a link that might be useful: lots of links

• Tryin2Grow
    16 years ago

another thing I thought of...

the search engine for GW isn't working so hot, but there have been "post your fav. catalog" threads before, so you might try using the search box at the bottom of the main page and see if it brings anything up.

I've added a lot of sites from previous threads like this that I have saved. Really helpful threads.

• wodka
    16 years ago

Source Perrier is a great website. A little pricey, but I have ordered a shepherd hook/hurricane before that was lovely. Great resource to get decorating ideas (they show different rooms decorated with their items.)

• Sueb20
    16 years ago

A friend just told me about this site, which links to lots of really cool shopping sites.

Here is a link that might be useful: Design Sponge

• igotfreecoupon
    16 years ago

I recommend Terry's Village, its affordable source for home accents, collectibles, gifts and garden decor. And recently I got 4 % cash back too through online coupons which I got from one good source during online shopping.

Here is a link that might be useful: online coupons

• graywings123
    16 years ago

SPAM!

• spy10021
    16 years ago

Restoration Hardware is my FAV!

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Hardware

• annzgw
    16 years ago

Another one I haven't seen mentioned is Winterthur.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gifts, etc.

• igloochic
    16 years ago

I love antiques so 1st Dibs is a favorite of mine. Sometimes just for fantasy shopping and sometimes for a real purchase. It's a conglomeration of antique stores from around the world :) It's very fun.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st Dibs

• polly929
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Igloochic-
    I love that site 1st Dibs. I found it after someone posted it on here.
    Spy10021- How often do you order from Restoration Hardware? I've ordered from them a few times over the past few years and it seems every time I order something it is on backorder. I'm currently awaiting for the other half of my kitchen knobs and pulls that I ordered in January. Very annoying- does this happen to anyone else?

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    16 years ago

One that I found here before was The Well Appointed House (maybe home). Another one that I recently discovered was Layla Grayce.

• pahance
    16 years ago

I have oodles of bookmarks at MyKaboodle.com linked below. Check them out when you have lots of time. ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Decor & Home Links

• juanago
    16 years ago

I love tropical/hawaiian surfing decorating so here is my favorite

Here is a link that might be useful: The Hawaiian Home

• spy10021
    16 years ago

Polly929 - I've never had problems with Restoration Hardware orders, but then again, I haven't placed a lot of orderes, since I have several Restoration Hardwares stores near me. Sorry to hear your experience.

Igloochic - 1stDibs ROCKS!

• kats
    16 years ago

My favorite is Napa Style. They also have a catalogue and 3 storefronts in California.
    I've bought several things from their website including their heirloom kitchen island-like the one below. I get compliments on it all the time and most people think it's some cool French antique we found.

Here is a link that might be useful: Napa Style

• rmkitchen
    16 years ago

I totally second (or is it third?) 1st dibs -- got some great lighting from them as well as a beautiful 18th c. bureau and two 18th c. semainiers.

I also am fond of Vivre -- my all-time favorite coasters I found there. (no longer available, otherwise I'd link them)

And I lovelovelove Ruzzetti & Gow for bibelots -- I find lots of gifts (to give) there, as well as at Etsy.

I also like Source Perrier (which was already mentioned above), although I think they are reasonably priced. I've been really impressed with the quality of everything I've purchased there.

I'm not a big clothes shopper (girlfriends of mine seem to live to go to Neiman's -- pas moi!), but get me going on stuff for the house and I'm in danger. Ouch!