Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint for Bathroom...pics included.

Posted by zoey75 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 9:54

I am stuck on the paint for my bath remodel. My house is small (50's ranch) and neutral (main paint color is BM ballet white). With that said what paint do you like for this small bath? They are all BM (ballet white, white sand or clay beige). Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint for Bathroom...pics included.

Here is a pic of the bathroom cabinet too.

o

And lastly granite (with brushed nickel fixtures)...

o

I personally wouldd probably go with a completely different color, maybe a grey/blue from the counter. On my monitor, it all looks very monochromatic. I almost like the unpainted drywall better.

o

clay beige

o

My thoughts exactly nosoc! I love beige, but in this case I think you need to bump it up a notch and go out of your comfort zone.

o

I would go with a warm gray tone. I too like the drywall color better.

o

I absolutely agree with nosoccermom that I'd go with a completely different color to break up the monochromatic look. That said, if you want the monochromatic look, I think of the three samples I like the middle one best.

o

Clay beige. On my monitor, ballet white has a little yellow in it, and white sand has a pinkish cast.

o

Hmmm...never thought of anything but beige. I am totally monochromatic with small touches of color. I really find it peaceful but I don't want to be boring. I will get some paint swatches and try to live on the edge. Thank you!

o

Your flooring, counter, and cabinets colors would be beautiful with a blue/gray or a gray/green - look at BM Sea Salt or Rain Washed.

o

I also say clay beige....but I agree with others to go for a color...you can get away with more for color and drama in a bathroom.

o

Your floor and granite are similar to mine. I pulled the blue grays from the granite for paint. I tried to go as gray as I could while still being in the blue family as I needed color in my windowless room. I used BM Silver Mist. My vanity is a dark stained cherry, but you might could go a little darker with your vanity. (I always wanted to say "might could" as I have a Southern friend who says that.) Little touches of chocolate brown accessories will look nice with the granite and paint.

o

What is the granite btw?

o

I will have a similar tile in my master bathroom and I'm going with either Sherwin Williams Rainwashed or the lightest color on that same strip, Window Pane. They are a beautiful light aqua with a hint of grey. Sea Salt is similar but a little greener grayer - more muted - that was my second choice. I plan on using sheer curtains in there with a muted seaside print that are primarily taupe.

o

I'd go with the white sand and make it completely unified by one tone and then add beautiful art work. I made my own paint match my tile perfectly and the only place I put color was in the vanity area but only if it's inset. I love my Zen feeling.

o

I think SW Rain or Behr Ozone would look great. Smokey blue.... Yes.

o

Thank you all...so hard to go out of my comfort zone. trying to find pics to inspire me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here