Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoey75

Paint for Bathroom...pics included.

zoey75
10 years ago

I am stuck on the paint for my bath remodel. My house is small (50's ranch) and neutral (main paint color is BM ballet white). With that said what paint do you like for this small bath? They are all BM (ballet white, white sand or clay beige). Thanks so much!

Comments (17)

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of the bathroom cabinet too.

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And lastly granite (with brushed nickel fixtures)...

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

I personally wouldd probably go with a completely different color, maybe a grey/blue from the counter. On my monitor, it all looks very monochromatic. I almost like the unpainted drywall better.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

clay beige

• ellendi
    10 years ago

My thoughts exactly nosoc! I love beige, but in this case I think you need to bump it up a notch and go out of your comfort zone.

• amykath
    10 years ago

I would go with a warm gray tone. I too like the drywall color better.

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

I absolutely agree with nosoccermom that I'd go with a completely different color to break up the monochromatic look. That said, if you want the monochromatic look, I think of the three samples I like the middle one best.

• annzgw
    10 years ago

Clay beige. On my monitor, ballet white has a little yellow in it, and white sand has a pinkish cast.

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmmm...never thought of anything but beige. I am totally monochromatic with small touches of color. I really find it peaceful but I don't want to be boring. I will get some paint swatches and try to live on the edge. Thank you!

• tuesday_2008
    10 years ago

Your flooring, counter, and cabinets colors would be beautiful with a blue/gray or a gray/green - look at BM Sea Salt or Rain Washed.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I also say clay beige....but I agree with others to go for a color...you can get away with more for color and drama in a bathroom.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Your floor and granite are similar to mine. I pulled the blue grays from the granite for paint. I tried to go as gray as I could while still being in the blue family as I needed color in my windowless room. I used BM Silver Mist. My vanity is a dark stained cherry, but you might could go a little darker with your vanity. (I always wanted to say "might could" as I have a Southern friend who says that.) Little touches of chocolate brown accessories will look nice with the granite and paint.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

What is the granite btw?

• LisaInPA
    10 years ago

I will have a similar tile in my master bathroom and I'm going with either Sherwin Williams Rainwashed or the lightest color on that same strip, Window Pane. They are a beautiful light aqua with a hint of grey. Sea Salt is similar but a little greener grayer - more muted - that was my second choice. I plan on using sheer curtains in there with a muted seaside print that are primarily taupe.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

I'd go with the white sand and make it completely unified by one tone and then add beautiful art work. I made my own paint match my tile perfectly and the only place I put color was in the vanity area but only if it's inset. I love my Zen feeling.

• merrygardener
    10 years ago

I think SW Rain or Behr Ozone would look great. Smokey blue.... Yes.

• zoey75
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all...so hard to go out of my comfort zone. trying to find pics to inspire me.