Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenilyn_gw

Ok, ready for step 2.

jenilyn
16 years ago

Ok, I have the new rug down. What do you think compared to the first?

and what would you focus your attention on next? I have new lighting, coffee/end tables and throw pillows on my list "to do".

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Pics on PhotoBucket

Comments (14)

• perky_2
    16 years ago

Is this the new rug?

I like it. Looks great with your colors. Do you plan WTs?

• jenilyn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes that is the new rug. I've tried to figure out how to post pics directly into post, and can't seem to get it. Thank you.

I wasn't planning on WT's. Full length panels would have to be pulled to one side or would hang behind the couch. Unless, you think a scarf type WT over the blinds would look good. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

• johnmari
    16 years ago

Yummy rug and good to-do list. I would definitely replace those pillows from the couch with something that has more of the green and pulled from the rug. Perhaps it's the lighting but as it stands the pillows just seem to blur into the couch.

I do think that the windows definitely need some softening, and that would be my priority if this were my room. I also see absolutely NO problem whatsoever with drapery panels falling behind the couch or being pulled to just one side of the window. There are a couple of pictures of that on this thread and I think it looks nice with paired windows like that. I'm not a super big fan of scarves but some people really are so I won't express my opinion of those any further! ;-) I'd rather see a pretty valance if you didn't want to do panels, not too foofy. Country Curtains has some that aren't too awfully expensive and would go nicely with your color scheme. They're wonderful about sending fabric samples for free and most of their products are American made which is pretty impressive for their prices.

• Tryin2Grow
    16 years ago

Is this rug a keeper, or are you asking for opinions on it?

I think it's much too dark for the room, sorry, hope you were asking for an opinion :(

• jenilyn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, I will look into throw pillows and panels next. The rug is a keeper. I asked opinions on it last week and most said they liked this color over a lighter color alternative.

Thank you for your input everyone!

• perky_2
    16 years ago

I love the rug and think it is perfect. I also love the idea of window treatment like in the thread johnmarie posted. Perfect for your room! Not a fan of scarves here either.

The green pillow suggestions sounds good and would look nice with your rug. Your sofa and rug compliment each other. The right pillows will really make it pop.

Pull the end table on the left out closer to the front of the sofa.

We need some lamps, do you have a style you like? Do you have room to pull the sofa out for a narrow sofa table behind it? Just a thought.

Take the green plant off the table on the right and try it on the floor next to the right of the couch.

Just some thoughts.

• perky_2
    16 years ago

Different views of the room :

Before: Old rug

• perky_2
    16 years ago

The new rug made a huge improvement. I like the clock and candle thingies on the mantle. We need some more color.

Something is needed on the coffee table. Have you seen anything you like?

Leave the plant where it is - after looking at all the pictures together - it looks good there.

Here is a link that might be useful: not this pillow but maybe the colors?

• perky_2
    16 years ago

Not sure of what style you love...

Here is a link that might be useful: what do you think about this style lamp?

• perky_2
    16 years ago

What did you think about the window treatment suggestions?
    I really love your sofa and chair.

You have done so much and have such a good start.

• perky_2
    16 years ago

OK - I love your space and I hope you don't mind my playing in your living room. I started this last w/e but my DH had an unexpected surgery so I didn't post finish or post it. I am doing a little "get your mind off it" kinda thing and went back to your room.

I love what you did with the firelplace area. Your furniture is beautiful.

I don't love my choice for pillows. I think I like what you have better than anything else I have found.

What do your think about this for a starting point for discussion?

• perky_2
    16 years ago

bump for other suggestions

• wisrose
    16 years ago

Jenilyn... the rug is great, it adds a lot to the room. Now a few more touches as in perky 2 previous photo and you will have yourself a warm and cozy living room. I think the window panels are the most important next step, and i really like what perky picked out...do you like that style? It brings color up into the room. I like everything perky did..great job perky 2. Anyway jenilyn keep us informed.

• graywings123
    16 years ago

Fabric on the windows would make a huge difference.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz