Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deegw

Photoshop help please

deegw
9 years ago

Will some kind soul please photoshop this rug under my table?

Current rug is too boring and too small. I suspect the suzani will be too crazy but I would love to see it.

I loaded various sizes of photos and rugs to try to make the photoshopping easier.

Thank-you!

{{gwi:2136881}}

[Modern Rugs[(https://www.houzz.com/products/modern-rugs-prbr1-br~t_515~s_2105) by Salisbury Carpet & Flooring Carpet Queen

{{gwi:2136882}}

[Modern Rugs[(https://www.houzz.com/products/modern-rugs-prbr1-br~t_515~s_2105) by Salisbury Carpet & Flooring Carpet Queen

{{gwi:2136883}}

{{gwi:2136884}}

Comments (17)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I can't photoshop the rug, but it's beautiful. Learned from others here to order a 3x5 in a rug to try out and easily send back either for the right size or as a nix.

I think that rug would look beautiful in there.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Pretty dining room :) I think it may be too wild with current drapes (assuming these are staying?)

I definitely agree with Tibbrix about ordering the smallest size to check out colors, but remember to return it in time for the credit (one guess as to how I gleaned the latter advice..).

• Bunny
    9 years ago

oldbat, you amaze!!

deee, the scale of the circles may be smaller in the actual rug and less eye-popping. Nice colors. I like your current drapes, but with that rug, I'd want to change the color. Domino effect.

• deegw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you ! Definitely worth ordering the small size. The actual scale of the print will probably be a big determining factor. Not sure if the base color of the rug is going to play nicely with the drapes

The dining area is part of a larger great room. The other half of the room is less formal with blue couches and striped side chairs that have the same colors as the rug. Drapes will be staying as they are on 6 other windows in the room.

Thank you again for your help.

• amykath
    9 years ago

I feel the rug clashes with your current style. That is just my honest opinion.

Does this meet your needs for color?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Love the room, hate the new rug selection. Way too loud to compete with your other selections.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

IKEA had the most stunning colorful Turkish patchwork rugs for sale when I traveled there the other day. If you're looking for lots more color that will enhance what you already have in the room, I would consider one of these rugs. They are extremely durable and heavy,

• Laurie
    9 years ago

The fabric on your dining chair seats looks to have some color & pattern. Can you post a closer pic of that?

aktillery - do you have more info on the rug you posted?

• amykath
    9 years ago

It is from Homedecorators. Here is the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rugs

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Thanks linelle!!

Dee - you're very welcome. Here is aktillery's - like the colors very much, but wonder if you could use even more color than shown here for a real pop.

• deegw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oldbat (I feel terrible typing that) - Thanks again for your skills!

Aktillery's choice looks nice but I already have way too much blue in the room. Two blue sofas to the right of the table, the lower left of the picture shows the end of my peninsula with blue bar stools and I have a blue back splash on the other side of the peninsula

Laurie - I have a green/blue suzani print on the dining room chairs but plan on changing to match whatever rug I pick.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I really like your rug, Dee. I think the cream background and the warm orange and green Compliment the drapes nicely.

• User
    9 years ago

I love the proposed rug as an injection of color and life I to the room! If you already have those colors in striped chairs at the other end of an open plan LR / DR, it is perfect!

If you are worried about the curtains not blending you could easily have a band of orange sewn down the leading edge of the curtains and along the bottom or top. Or have a seamstress sew wide bands or differencing width bands of solid colors from the rug width wise from the hem upwards.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Dee - no offense taken, I promise you:)

I like the suggestion for the band of orange and other colors from kswl. Here's a very poorly photoshopped version.

OT - kswl - I owe you a thank you for your kind reply to my questions about your holiday party. Ours went very well, and I end up making two of the pecan 'pineapple' cheeseballs over the holiday season (both were a hit; entirely different recipes each time).

{{gwi:2136880}}

• deegw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just though I would show this as an update. Saw this runner at Target and decided to bring it home to help me visualize the change from boring to crazy suzani.

I'm not convinced that crazy suzani is the way to go but i do like the colors. This rug does not come in 9 by 12 so I wouldn't be able to use this particular pattern.

Oldbat - Thanks again for your photoshop help and thanks to all that offered opinions.

{{gwi:2136885}}

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I really like the colorful suzani rug and KSWL's suggestion of banding your drapes in orange.

The suzani runner you brought home seems rather blah IYKWIM.

• k9arlene
    9 years ago

Not a fan of your rug choice. It competes with the style of your room and looks like you're trying too hard to change the look of the room which I don't think you're trying to do. I'm under the impression you're just trying to add a bit more color.