Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wmjc1965

please help me create a cozy master bedroom

wmjc1965
13 years ago

I have a new duvet cover and a blank slate master bedroom. I am looking for paint, window coverings and accessories, artwork, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I get alot of light in the room. My furniture is also from pottery barn it is the valencia sleigh bed, dressers. I was looking at a couple of paint colors, sherwin williams rain and tradewind.

Here is a link that might be useful: pottery barn

Comments (14)

• bestyears
    13 years ago

I used Tradewind in a half-bath, and love it, but I think it might be a bit off with that bedding set -which is gorgeous, btw. Have you looked at Sea Salt? Beautiful color, and I think it would look beautiful with the bedding.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

A little OT, but didn't Pottery Barn used to list the paint colors used in their magazine layouts? on pages with decorated rooms that is. I haven't noticed that lately. Is it possible to find out that information somehow?

I've seen that duvet cover in their catalog and have always loved it.

• tinam61
    13 years ago

I have also seen that bedding and like it. Beautiful, soothing colors. That is the look I would go with. Serene, calm, soothing.

With lots of light I can see billowing white panels on your windows. What kind of floors do you have?

I think your paint colors sound pretty. I will have to look up your bed - can't place it.

tina

• caminnc
    13 years ago

What kind of look do you like? Do you want it to look light and airy with a lots sparkle or darker, rich and cozy? Or a little of both?

• wmjc1965
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am going for more light and airy, with sparkle!!

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Sorry I do not have any suggestions, but how do you like your Pottery Barn Valencia furniture? I absolutely adore the styling and finish and am considering purchasing them (at some point). Thanks!

• wmjc1965
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I love the valencia! I would post some bedroom photos but not sure how to add them directly from my computer. I picked up more paint cards on the way home today with the colors others suggested. Would love some more ideas. I love the mood boards people do!

• kimberlyrkb
    13 years ago

I just talked to a woman at the PB store today who told me she used this bedding along with the porcelain blue silk quilt they sell. She put BM Quiet Moments on the wall and said it all looks just beautiful together.

• ppas
    13 years ago

Would you consider painting the walls an off-white (it, too, picks up from the bedding)? I just think that painting the walls a very similar color to your duvet might be too much of the same thing. Instead, I would add some accents (accessories) to pick up on the blues/greens. Like, imagine putting some photos in silver frames (for some sparkle) with double matting (one wide white one, on top of one thin blue or green matte). Also, in the long run, the wall color would work with any new bedding.

• loribee
    13 years ago

Love Quiet Moments~~~~

• caminnc
    13 years ago

Just playing around with pictures here but I think you might be able to get some ideas. The first is kinda warm & cozy while the second is bright an kinda spa like. I think its nice to have some sort of tray or cart in the bedroom for juice and such things :) Good luck on your bedroom.

• wodka
    13 years ago

If you have a Tuesday Morning nearby, I received their flyer promoting their new products, beginning February 1st. Better than usual stuff, including mirrored furniture - they have different sizes - night stand, small chest, and console. Really good looking pieces, with that "sparkle" you are looking for. If I remember correctly, the nightstand was priced at $149.

• oceanna
    13 years ago

Nice job, Caminnc!

Wmjc, why not take a piece of your new bedding in to the paint store to match it?

• wmjc1965
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Caminnc, love what you did! I like the top one better. I have darker bedroom furniture. I do like a couple elements out of the second one. My bedroom is already painted off white, it is sherwin williams pacer white. New house and we got to choose one color. I guess I could accessorize and see if I still want to paint. Here is the bedroom furniture I have..

Here is a link that might be useful: pottery barn

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations