Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frankginakay

The before......

frankginakay
12 years ago

These are the before photos of the interior that we are painting, starting tomorrow morning. It has been a long process of trial and error. I have researched all the old blogs about this color and that! I truly hope that I have made the right decision

Comments (23)

• loribee
    12 years ago

Very exciting...and the color is?? Good luck!

• caminnc
    12 years ago

Drum roll please! And the winner is??????????

• User
    12 years ago

OMG, what a tease! You've left us hanging...WE.NEED.TO.KNOW.THE.COLOR :-)

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OK, was going to wait and post the AFTER photos, but I can still back out if I need to. I am a true "neutral" girl, but decided to go with something that will bring everything together with my furniture. These are just 4 of the colors that I have tried, The top photo is Practical Beige and a darker version of Sand Dollar. The top color on the BOTTOM PHOTO left is SW Kilim Beige (looks very green inside my house, top right is SW Practical Beige, bottom left is a darker Sand Dollar, and bottom right is Sand Dollar. YOUR THOUGHTS?

• dawnp
    12 years ago

I like the practical beige. Your room is very bright and can take the darker color.

That said, I think it's important to look at the wall color with your carpeting and flooring.

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks! That is the one I have chosen~

• dawnp
    12 years ago

We can't wait to see the "after"!

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is the after~not everything is put back in it's place, but you will get the idea. Whew, it is a lot of work just moving everything around. We chose Practical Beige for the family room areas which are pictured. We are very pleased with how it turned out.

• macybaby
    12 years ago

I love the way the white trim "pops" with the more colorful walls.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Your room now has some life to it. Great choice.

• lascatx
    12 years ago

Much richer and warmer. Just saw this post but that was my color choice in the samples too. That's a lot of paint! Did you do that yourself, stairs and all ("...we are painting...")? We need to do our entry and stairs and I think that is the one paint job I will hire out. Now I just need to settle on a color -- thought I had one, but the sun cam out and I saw it on another wall and am not so fond now. :(

• loribee
    12 years ago

Beautiful...perfect choice!

• texanjana
    12 years ago

Very warm, love it!

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you! We hired painters and had the exterior and the interior painted. I am exhausted....lol. I am ready to go back to work. I will post the exterior later. We had a pinkish house since we live in Florida and now it is Kilim Beige and Latte.

• HIWTHI
    12 years ago

Very pretty.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Really turned out nice! Good to hear you hired painters as I could not imagine doing that myself.

• upa_lazy_river
    12 years ago

Great job!

• EG3d
    12 years ago

Very nice!

• tracey_b
    12 years ago

Love it!

• greenthumbfish
    12 years ago

Well done, can't wait to see the exterior!

• nutmegxo
    12 years ago

I love the Pratical Beige! The results are magnificent!!! Sit back and enjoy!

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The exterior before and after......we have certain colors that are allowed in our neighborhood. These were the only ones that really worked. I received some excellent advice from the board! We haven't decided on the door and balcony color. Just glad to have the painters gone for a few days.

• frankginakay
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The ouside color we used were SW Kilim Beige and Latte. We still haven't decided on what the door color should be. Thinking about doing the balcony a rubbed bronze, with new bronze coach lights. Any thoughts?