Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flyingflower

Oldtimers who remember BRUTUSES

flyingflower
9 years ago

For those of you who remember Patsy ('Brutuses') please say a little prayer. Her cancer was diagnosed too late to save her. She's now close to leaving this world. :,-(

I hope all the animals she rescued and cared for are there to greet her when she crosses over the bridge.

p.s. She did finish the house!

Comments (37)

• User
    9 years ago

Very sorry to hear this. Thank you for posting, flyingflower.

Godspeed, Brutuses....

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

oh no, what sad news: I do remember so well, may she be at peace in this trying time. thanks for the heads up.

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

Periodically some old post surfaces that she either started or commented in and it makes me think about her house and all of her work. Thank you for updating us, even though the news is so very sad. She will have a wagging welcoming committee - I'm certain of that.

• deeinohio
    9 years ago

What very sad news. Her house was such a labor of love, as was her dedication to animals.

She was such a welcomed contributor to GW; I'm always fond of those whose passion shows through, as did hers.

• mclarke
    9 years ago

Oh, this is sad news. All the healing she did for that house...

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago

I do. She was around when oceanna was still posting. I'm sorry to hear this. I loved her color choices and crown moulding. It was such nice combinations. Made me feel peaceful to see her rooms. I hope she feels the peace she gave to me.

• bestyears
    9 years ago

Oh how sad, sad, sad! Ugh! I just know those animals whose souls she saved will be with her....

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

Thank you for posting .I certainly remember her love and care for animals and will pray for her and family.

• maddielee
    9 years ago

I am saddened to hear this. Peace.

ML

• awm03
    9 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, flyingflower. I sure will say prayers for our dear Bruteses. She was so friendly.

• polly929
    9 years ago

Very sad to hear this, I followed many of her threads and missed her posts when she left. Saying prayers for her.
    ~polly

• Skypathway1
    9 years ago

I remember her too - so sorry to read she is dying of cancer. I hope her passing is peaceful and surrounded by love.

• User
    9 years ago

I remember her from when I was here during our lake build. Just a lovely person whose kindness shone through in her posts.

Prayers to her & her loved ones -

• tinam61
    9 years ago

I hate to hear this! I will pray for strength and comfort during this time. Both for her and her husband.

• amykath
    9 years ago

I remember her well. This is such saddening news. I will keep her and her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. She will have a wonderful welcoming committee on the other side. I hope she is not in pain and can go comfortably.

Thank you for the update. Even if it so very sad.

• MagdalenaLee
    9 years ago

I believe Brutuses and her husband were building their home at the same time we built ours. As I recall, they did just about everything themselves and it was truly a lovely and thoughtful home.

Sending my wishes for a painless and peaceful end.

• Arapaho-Rd
    9 years ago

I remember Brutuses. I am so sorry to hear that. Sending prayers for her and her family.

• ttodd
    9 years ago

I remember her well and thank you for letting us know. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I had no idea.

GW does form tight ties beyond the forum. I am glad that she did w/ you!

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Awfully sad to hear that, my prayers are going up for her.

• teacats
    9 years ago

Adding my best thoughts, wishes for a soft passage over the threshold -- and knowing that she will be welcomed with lots of love ....

• riosamba
    9 years ago

I remember her well, and am sad to hear this news. I just prayed for Brutuses and her family.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

I remember her well. God speed, " Brutus". You've earned your wings helping the critters in need. Go in peace.

• flyingflower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for all the kind words. Patsy wasn't able to talk when I called so I asked her husband to relay that she still has many friends on the forum who remember and are praying for her. He wrote back tonight...hearing there was a wonderful response from the forum "put a huge smile on her face".

So I'm going to forward your messages to him, hopefully he can read some of them to her. This means a lot to her, thank you again.

• lsst
    9 years ago

She was building at the same time we were. I remember her attention to detail. She made beautiful choices with her home. I am sending prayers her way.

• sable_ca
    9 years ago

I am so sad to hear this. I can picture her home as I think of her.

Praying for comfort and peace for her and her family.

• User
    9 years ago

I most definitely remember the name and I too am so sorry to read this.... wishing everyone strength........... very sorry

• deeinohio
    9 years ago

I forgot to mention that the reason I used Emtek glass door knobs in the lakehouse we just built was directly because of Bruteses' use of them in her lovely home.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

This is tragic. I communicated with her before a projected hurricane. I love her compassion for animals. So sad.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

So sweet of you to tell us and relay the messages. I often wonder and hope that all is OK with people that have left.

And what teacats said.... Adding my best thoughts, wishes for a soft passage over the threshold -- and knowing that she will be welcomed with lots of love ....

• rich69b
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I pray that she's not in so much pain and that The Lord will give her and her loved ones strength and faith in this trying time.

• nutsaboutplants
    9 years ago

I remember the name and also remember a GWer who loved animals. Now I know it's her. Sad news indeed. Hope she doesn't suffer much. Very thoughtful of you to let us know and to relay the messages back to her.

• User
    9 years ago

Oh, flyingflower, this breaks my heart. I remember her, but had no idea she was ill as I don't visit as often as I'd like. She has such a kind soul. God bless her.
    I will most definitely add her, and her family, to my prayer list.

• loribee
    9 years ago

I'm so very sorry to hear. Thank you for letting us know.

• Houseofsticks
    9 years ago

Thank you for letting us know. She has touched many through her words. Hope for a pain free journey.

• mudhouse_gw
    9 years ago

Sending our thoughts and wishes for peace, for brutuses and for her family. Thank you flyingflower.

• flyingflower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Her husband helped her read some of your responses (I think he printed them out). He then emailed me her comments:

"Thanks for sending these. It's heart warming to see I went through this life able to help some and to have them appreciate it.

Sorry I don't feel like chatting. I sit and cry because I feel too sick to even pray and talk to God. Love, Patsy"

• User
    9 years ago

Oh, flyingflower, that just breaks my heart.
    Patsy, if your hubby reads you anymore, I want you to know that the Lord hears you even if you don't feel you are praying. You've plenty others praying in words for you.