Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blessedstar_gw

Opinions pls! Caramel sofa or dark whisky sofa

blessedstar
10 years ago

Hi all! I would so appreciate any help you could give me, given that I don't really have a good artistic eye. I have already purchased a deep brown chaise lounge, and am so in love with this golden yellow side chairs (and will most likely purchase it). The question is, which color sofa will go better with the combination of the chaise lounge + side chairs? A lighter caramel sofa, or a darker sofa in an antique whisky color?

I am so afraid of making the wrong choice and everything falling flat, so nwould appreciate any opinion you could give me!

P.S: Does this look work at all, or am I force fitting the look together? I've selected the coffee table and end table in white to avoid having so much brown tones altogether and to keep things light.

Comments (17)

• blessedstar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm a noob at this and couldn't figure how to upload two pictures! Sorry! Here is the second option

• amykath
    10 years ago

I cannot say why exactly but I like the caramel. Maybe bc its a good mid color between your light colored selections and the dark chair.

Very nice choices!

• cooperbailey
    10 years ago

I like the caramel best as well. I think it will look great.

• CaroleOH
    10 years ago

I like the carmel because the side chairs look great with it and because the whiskey color is too close to the brown chaise.

I like your choices! I think the light colored rug will help tie the white pieces into the room.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

First picture!

• patricianat
    10 years ago

The caramel. The dark whisky may not be an identical match t your other chair in texture/grain/dye lot and therefore, it is better to go opposite than try to match if it is not identical. That's just my opinion and I had a similar situation to yours and did the caramel in a side chair, dark whisky sofa, and the ivory in 2 club chairs, and it looked good. I have changed that look now but I wish I had not. :-(

• busybee3
    10 years ago

i wouldn't make my decision just with internet pictures... i would get swatches at least to see them all together...i think both of the above pics look fine, but i would probably be inclined to say the darker one might look better with the 2 chairs just because i wouldn't be surprised if the caramel color looks alittle different in person... (ie: is a more one dimensional color...)

• katrina_ellen
    10 years ago

The caramel as well, I think it has a more contemporary look than the darker color.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Agree to get leather swatches before making a decision. In the meantime, I like the caramel because it's not trying to match the chaise.

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 18:00

• Jules
    10 years ago

I vote caramel, too.

• blessedstar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you soooo much to you all who replied! So grateful for all your opinions :) unfortunately the shop can't give me swatches to bring home to mull over my decision, and I hate how furniture shops all use mood lighting which makes it incredibly hard to see the furniture for what it is in natural light!

Thanks heaps!

• nightowlrn
    10 years ago

caramel

• theclose
    10 years ago

Pretty!! I vote caramel as well. Looks beautiful!

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Hm, I would insist on swatches or even a cushion. Do they have swatches and just don't want to give them to you? If yes, I'd offer them a deposit or CC imprint.

• sis2two
    10 years ago

Definitely caramel. Read not too long ago that a designer was saying that the caramel colored leather would always be in style. The sofa looked very much if not identical to the first one you posted.

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    10 years ago

my first thought was: do you have a sweeth tooth or would you rather drink? ;-) LOL -- I agree w/the others, the caramel looks nicer.

• queenofmycastle0221
    10 years ago

This coming from a matchy matchy person, I Love the Caramel!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH