Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions pls! Caramel sofa or dark whisky sofa

Posted by blessedstar (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 4:40

Hi all! I would so appreciate any help you could give me, given that I don't really have a good artistic eye. I have already purchased a deep brown chaise lounge, and am so in love with this golden yellow side chairs (and will most likely purchase it). The question is, which color sofa will go better with the combination of the chaise lounge + side chairs? A lighter caramel sofa, or a darker sofa in an antique whisky color?

I am so afraid of making the wrong choice and everything falling flat, so nwould appreciate any opinion you could give me!

P.S: Does this look work at all, or am I force fitting the look together? I've selected the coffee table and end table in white to avoid having so much brown tones altogether and to keep things light.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions pls! Caramel sofa or dark whisky sofa

I'm a noob at this and couldn't figure how to upload two pictures! Sorry! Here is the second option

o

I cannot say why exactly but I like the caramel. Maybe bc its a good mid color between your light colored selections and the dark chair.

Very nice choices!

o

I like the caramel best as well. I think it will look great.

o

I like the carmel because the side chairs look great with it and because the whiskey color is too close to the brown chaise.

I like your choices! I think the light colored rug will help tie the white pieces into the room.

o

First picture!

o

The caramel. The dark whisky may not be an identical match t your other chair in texture/grain/dye lot and therefore, it is better to go opposite than try to match if it is not identical. That's just my opinion and I had a similar situation to yours and did the caramel in a side chair, dark whisky sofa, and the ivory in 2 club chairs, and it looked good. I have changed that look now but I wish I had not. :-(

o

i wouldn't make my decision just with internet pictures... i would get swatches at least to see them all together...i think both of the above pics look fine, but i would probably be inclined to say the darker one might look better with the 2 chairs just because i wouldn't be surprised if the caramel color looks alittle different in person... (ie: is a more one dimensional color...)

o

The caramel as well, I think it has a more contemporary look than the darker color.

o

Agree to get leather swatches before making a decision. In the meantime, I like the caramel because it's not trying to match the chaise.

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 18:00

o

I vote caramel, too.

o

Thank you soooo much to you all who replied! So grateful for all your opinions :) unfortunately the shop can't give me swatches to bring home to mull over my decision, and I hate how furniture shops all use mood lighting which makes it incredibly hard to see the furniture for what it is in natural light!

Thanks heaps!

o

caramel

o

Pretty!! I vote caramel as well. Looks beautiful!

o

Hm, I would insist on swatches or even a cushion. Do they have swatches and just don't want to give them to you? If yes, I'd offer them a deposit or CC imprint.

o

Definitely caramel. Read not too long ago that a designer was saying that the caramel colored leather would always be in style. The sofa looked very much if not identical to the first one you posted.

o

my first thought was: do you have a sweeth tooth or would you rather drink? ;-) LOL -- I agree w/the others, the caramel looks nicer.

o

This coming from a matchy matchy person, I Love the Caramel!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here