Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 0:50
|Hello. We will need to make some decisions soon about a kitchen. Our style is comfortable, craftsman, rustic, but we don't live in the mountains. Our style may also be referred to as modern craftsman? The trim will be white and similar to the first photo but with knotty alder doors. The first picture is what we envision, but the the style of cabinets in the second. We love the look of knotty alder and had honed cambrian black in the past and really liked it. So, we are thinking knotty alder cabinets shaker style and cambrian black or virginia mist or something honed and similar. I don't think soapstone or marble are in our future. The floors will be walnut 6,7 inch planks. The two photos appeal to us. We would select a more simple back splash. Anyone out there with thoughts of OMG that is horrible! Or, have other ideas or exact stains to tell the builder about. Or, have backsplash advice. The appliances will be SS and the hood and cooktop will be similar to the first photo.|
|Your kitchen is going to be very pretty! The only thing I might do is...if you are doing the honed black counter and a plain backsplash, I might put something a little jazzier on the island for some interest and so it doesn't all look "flat." Or, if doing black counters everywhere, a spicier backsplash for a little punch.|
|Thanks. I worry about the grain and knots in the cabs, and the grain in the floor. I have been scouring Houzz and some combinations knock it out of the park and some leave me feeling far from cozy and comfortable. The first photo vs the second for example.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here