Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thrilled with new chandelier & kitchen lights

Posted by Violet.West (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 0:41

In honor of my one-year homeowner anniversary, I had my standard builder dining room chandelier, which was too high, too bright and rarely used, switched out for something a little more stylish. Especially since my living area is so open -- that chandelier is in the center of it all. And on a dimmer! So now I can actually use it without being blinded by glare from my food, lol!

This is the Audrina chandelier from Pottery Barn (was on sale, too!0. The finish is a rusty bronze, and it has clear, unfaceted drops. Just enough sparkle, imo.

While I was at it, I had the electrician hardwire 3 LED light strips under my kitchen cabinets. Totally blew that dark corner away, but probably more light than I need -- could have gotten away with two strips. Ah, well.

This post was edited by Violet.West on Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 0:42

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thrilled with new chandelier & kitchen lights

It's darling, Violet, and happy anniversary!!

o

Very pretty!

o

Very cute! You can change it up whenever you want with little shades. They have a LOT at Ballard Designs.

Nancy

o

Love it Violet! It adds a nice sparkle. Happy first anniversary to you.

o

been playing with the dimmer all day!

up. down. up. down.

:)

o

I think that looks GREAT! It's so graceful and elegant and has that little bit of bling.. Perfect. Enjoy it (and enjoy play time up . down...)

o

Love the chandy. I laughed out loud over playing with the dimmer...did the same when we put our dimmer switch in.

And under cab lighting! I heart under cabinet lighting. I do not see how other people live without it. Enjoy!

o

Love your chandy! It is so cute and just the right amount of bling!

o

I love it! Just the right amount of crystal on it too.

Tell me how your electrican put lights on your existing cabinets?

o

Thanks guys - am happy with the new chandelier - it looks like it was always there!

"Tell me how your electrican put lights on your existing cabinets?"

He hardwired them(LED light strips) to the existing outlets, using a wire from the light to the outlet. The strips themselves have on/off switches. The wires are tucked up alongside the underneath of the cabinet, and are not visible unless you look. Do you need a pic?

I thought that there was enough of a lip on the front of the cabinets to hide the fixtures, which are pretty slim. Not so much, but I don't think it's a huge problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here