Caroleoh & Andreaintx?

msrose
16 years ago

Have either one of you painted yet?

Laurie

Comments (11)

• CaroleOH
    16 years ago

Yes, I have. I've been remiss in getting my butt in order and posting some photos, so thanks for the push! I was trying to wait a week or so until my new chair comes in so you can see how that looks, but I can always post again.

In the Dining Room, I did Pittsfield Buff on top and Wilmington Tan on the bottom. It looks so different in the photos from the other two rooms. I really cannot figure out how to take a photo and have the color be true. I'd say it's a bit golder than showing in the Dining Room. This is without a flash, so it's not showing so yellow. It's definitely a warm gold and very very pretty.

Here's the kitchen in Wilmington Tan. A before on the left, the new Wilmington Tan on right. The flash makes it look more yellow, but it's a very nice medium gold.

Here's the FR before and after. Pittsfield Buff is definitely a light yellow gold - but I feel it really has brightened up the room and I'm very happy with it. We actually painted the ceilings too - a plain bright white, and that has also helped brighten up a dark room. I've got those prints taped to the wall for size purposes. I'm going to have them matted in a sage green with a dark brown frame. I haven't put back up my greenery etc. on top of the entertainment unit because I'm really thinking it looked pretty bad. Any suggestions would be helpful. I need to put something in the corner to hide the sub woofer of our entertainment system. I was thinking about a large round basket or some vases or god knows what! Also disregard my wall clock photo shop! It was a passing whim too.

• roguevalley
    16 years ago

Caroleah - the new paint looks very pretty and compliments the wood and stone surfaces in your home wonderfully. I agree with having a hard time taking a photo that looks like real life.

• msrose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the update! So, does the WT blend well with the PB? I've always loved both of those colors (only seen them on here, not in person), but I didn't know they would look good together.

Okay, now where's Andrea?

Laurie

• polkadots
    16 years ago

Caroleoh, I've been wondering about how the painting went too, so glad to see your pictures. Everthing looks really great! Bet you're glad to have it all done. I like the prints you picked out - very pretty.

I almost posted on that thread where people were talking about DHs, but I decided not to get involved. Your description of your DH sounded exactly like mine, even down to the golf (although mine is not actually a professional). Anyway, I just thought they sounded very similar in how they react to decorating etc. too..... anyway, enjoy your "new" rooms! :)

• CaroleOH
    16 years ago

Laurie,

I'd say they're really a perfect compliment. If you look at the dining room photo again, although the colors are a bit more gold than shown, you can see how nice the two coordinate.

My Kitchen and FR are fairly open to one another and I think they transition nicely.

Where are you thinking about using these colors??

Kitchen?

• CaroleOH
    16 years ago

Hey polkadots! Thanks for the compliments. Did you decide on your fabrics?

My hubby, god love him, is a great guy, just not one to putter around the house. He's not a golf professional, he wishes! He just golfs alot and competes in alot of tournaments etc.

My FR is coming together - just need to do some finishing touches!

• polkadots
    16 years ago

Caroleoh, I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the fabrics. I am leaning toward going with everything I originally showed on that post. The brown silk doesn't look as shiny when it's actually up against the wall, plus it seems to provide some depth and dimension to the WTs and room. I actually found another lattice in a sort of velvet type fabric that I didn't even post. While it seemed like the answer to my prayers, when held up on the wall it seemed heavy and flat. I hope to get things going this week. Thanks for asking.

• CaroleOH
    16 years ago

I usually find that what I'm drawn to initially is what I end up with! It may take me a few weeks or months to come back around after exhausting all options, but trust your gut.

Those fabrics are beautiful - you can't go wrong.

I'm now looking for a new DR chandelier and foyer light. Where did you get yours? I love it, but need a smaller version. I'm looking at the Murray Feiss Tuscan Villa collection. I'm going to post if anyone has used these chandeliers and can post a photo....

• andreaintx
    16 years ago

I'm here. I'm now 4 months pregnant and the first trimester was very hard so I haven't been on the site. I had to be put on Zofran and I still was sick. Everything turned out great, here are the pics.

• decorpas
    16 years ago

hey

I'm kind of jumping into this thread and don't know the hx of it, so I apologize if my question if inappropriate.

andreaintx,

sorry you've been ill, but congrats on your pregnancy! I love the color in your kitchen...what color is it?

• andreaintx
    16 years ago

decorpas,

thank you, the second trimester is going along much better, just very tired and the two and a half year old doesn't help :)

The color of everything is BM Pittsfield Buff. There were so many people on this thread who helped me pick the color. I had three different colors going on and it was a bit much so it is very nice to have everything compliment.