Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Brainstorming/backsplash issue

User
10 years ago

I'm brainstorming a kitchen facelift. I know there'[s a kitchen forum but this question is more decorating related in my mind. Plus, I 'know' you guys. When finished it still won't be my dream kitchen but it'll be more me and a good compromise. I plan to:
-replace appliances with stainless
-restain/glaze cabinets
-remove wood valance over sink & add light
-add beefier crown & box out refrigerator/pull upper cabinet forward.
-paint & other decorative changes
-unsure of island

We're leaning towards this electric stove. I'd have a (black) filler made and already looked into that.
{{gwi:1539894}}

The countertops will stay as will the flooring. I don't want to tile (backsplash) for a number of reasons. I was considering bb Graham & Brown wallpaper (used before/nice) or bb paneling - either option would be painted the new wall color. With the island having different (less realistic) bb paneling, I'm not wild about the two different looks in the same room.
Old pic.
{{gwi:1539895}}

Why couldn't I just remove the existing countertop backsplash and use a trim piece, painted the wall color, along the back of the countertop? I can't find a single picture of this. Annnnnnnnnd it just hit me, the wall is going to be messed up after removing the existing backsplash, huh? Crap.

I did find one where the person left their countertop backsplash in place, but I don't care for it.
{{gwi:1539896}}

Thoughts?

Comments (3)