Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oceanna_gw

Laundry/Mud Room Eye Candy - please post yours!

oceanna
16 years ago

Here are some pictures I've collected of laundry rooms to use for inspiration for when I redecorate my own, so they may as well inspire you too.

Please add your own pics! (These pics come from around the web plus from here, so if I posted a picture of yours, please proudly claim it as such!)

{{gwi:1538821}}

{{gwi:1538822}}

{{gwi:1538823}}{{gwi:1538824}}

{{gwi:1538825}}
{{gwi:1538826}}

{{gwi:1538827}}

{{gwi:1538828}}

{{gwi:1538829}}

{{gwi:1538830}}

{{gwi:1538832}}

{{gwi:1538833}}

{{gwi:1538834}}

{{gwi:1538835}}

{{gwi:1538836}}

Okay, your turn!

Comments (56)

• amysrq
    16 years ago

This pic is "in process" but I think the cheeriest part is the paint, Radiate by C2. I'll post again when it's done...any week now!

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone -- I'm loving these pics! Keep 'em coming, please.

I was hoping GEORGIAGAL would post her pics, but since she posted them on the discussion part of the forum I doubt she would mind if I post them here for her. I can't resist because it's so cute. This is her laundry room:

{{gwi:1538858}}

{{gwi:1538860}}

{{gwi:1538861}}

{{gwi:1538862}}

{{gwi:1538863}}

{{gwi:1538864}}

{{gwi:1538865}}

• fairytalebaby
    16 years ago

Alright...I love my laundry room decor so I have to share these pics! We're still building and won't be moving in til the end of the school year--but here's pictures of my "themed" LR decor!

I'm thinking of SW Lemon Chiffon for the walls...I can't wait to decorate the new house!

• justgotabme
    16 years ago

What beautiful laundry rooms. Mine is still a work in progress. It was done at one time, but never really right. I've finally figured out how to use the space I have more efficiently. I tried many ways, but never quite got it right. The room is six by twelve, but has a furnice in one corner with duct work causing some problem.
    I so am going to have to make a sign like the one fairytalebaby posted. That's too cute!

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Fairytalebaby, those signs are darling! I can't wait to see photos of your completed room.

Justgota, good luck with your LR. I'm sure it will come out great.

My LR is wonderful -- the PO was a contractor and he put a bunch of tip out bins in there and a laundry chute that drops down from the hall bath upstairs, and shelves to hold soaps, and a clothes hanging pole. The door to the back yard has those itty bitty venitian blinds inside the window - neat. I would really like a laundry tub, though. I would also love to put up some cabinets over the folding area with poles under them to hold giftwrap so that I can make double duty of the laundry folding counter.

Here is my LR with the PO's kids in the pic, one of them standing in front of the FIVE built in tip out bins, which I adore. On the right, the tall section in the shelving is where the laundry drops down from the bathroom above. I just keep a huge wastebasket there to catch it. Between the washer and dryer the PO had a cabinet they took with them. That's where I wish I had a laundry tub but it would have to be little. It would be a great place to bathe the two little dogs without having back strain. The carpeting is a purplish indoor-outdoor (not brown like it looks in these pics).

{{gwi:1538869}}

All in all, I love this LR. It's the best I ever had and was a real selling point on the house. The door on the left goes to the room where I have my sewing machine, so it's easy to go to the LR to iron something.

My biggest problem, which is out of the picture just to the right forefront is the water heater is there. It's ugly. There isn't room for a cabinet around it.

What can I do to make it look better?

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm loving the pics you're all posting -- so pretty! Please keep 'em coming!

• georgiagal
    16 years ago

Hi, Oceana! You are too kind..thanks for posting the pics. No, of course, I didn't see this thread, so you were fine to post those pics. I don't mind at all. Thank you for your very kind words. Glad you have enjoyed seeing my home pics, it's fun to share them.

I have loved having an actual laundryroom as opposed to a laundry closet in my other house. So, I really had fun with this one!

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You did a stupendous job! It looks like fun now. I think laundry rooms are a great place for us to let 'er rip with a little joy and whimsey. Doing laundry isn't exactly a mood lifter, so we need all the help we can get. Yours is so cute! I'm glad you're not mad at me for posting your adorable laundry room pics here. I think they can give a lot of inspiration to others.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just found these laundry room murals done by artist Cindy Baer Webster (http://smartdecorpainting.com/Trompe%20L'oeil.html) and thought you might enjoy them:

{{gwi:1538870}}

{{gwi:1538871}}

{{gwi:1538872}}

{{gwi:1538873}}

{{gwi:1538874}}

{{gwi:1538875}}

{{gwi:1538876}}

{{gwi:1538877}}

{{gwi:1538878}}

• perky_2
    16 years ago

Lowe's newsletter LR. Love those stairs.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Great pic, Perky! Looks very cheery.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1538880}}

{{gwi:1538881}}

• trailrunner
    16 years ago

I love the trompe l'oeil, it would be perfect in my laundry/sunroom. I posted on the conversation side too. Here is a link. It is a combined sunroom and laundry. I agree about having a small space with bifold doors. I didn't before but now this is where I spend every sunny day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunroom/laundry room

• soonermagic
    16 years ago

Here's our mud/laundry room:

• daisyadair
    16 years ago

I've been way too embarassed to post my laundry room before redcorating it. I've been wanting to do a pink and green room for a long time, and now I've got it:

{{gwi:1538888}}

{{gwi:1538889}}

{{gwi:1538890}}

{{gwi:1538891}}

{{gwi:1538892}}

{{gwi:1538893}}

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Daisy, that looks just wonderful! You should be sooo proud of the great job you did. I'll bet it cheers you every time you see it? Thanks so much for posting. You have every right to brag.

As long as I'm posting, here are a few more LR pics I've collected...

{{gwi:1538894}}

{{gwi:1538895}}

{{gwi:1538896}}

{{gwi:1538897}}

{{gwi:1538898}}

Ever seen a "romantic" laundry room? These next two are from Cat73 from Rate My Space:

{{gwi:1538899}}

{{gwi:1538900}}

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's a few more...

{{gwi:1538901}}

{{gwi:1538902}}

{{gwi:1538903}}

{{gwi:1538904}}

{{gwi:1538905}}

{{gwi:1538906}}

Dzgnbyjules from RMS
    {{gwi:1538907}}

Dzgnbyjules from RMS
    {{gwi:1538909}}

Dzgnbyjules from RMS
    {{gwi:1538911}}

Dzgnbyjules from RMS
    {{gwi:1538912}}

Ellen Marie, dsgr
    {{gwi:1538913}}

• User
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1534456}}
    {{gwi:921903}}

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• btrails4
    15 years ago

I love how creative some of these rooms are! I love mine but I think I may need to spice it up a bit!

• fairytalebaby
    15 years ago

btrails...I love your laundry room and all your cabinetry with the pull out shelves and the baskets! That is so awesome--what a great space.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Btrails, you have a beautiful laundry room. Thanks for sharing it with us! If you "spice it up" more, I hope you'll share the new pics too. :)

• dlfrun66
    15 years ago

Here's my laundry room as posted before but with a little bit of accessorizing. Still looking on suggestions on how to make the room more fun or nice. I love all these examples. There's some beautiful laundry/mudrooms on here.

• fairytalebaby
    15 years ago

I posted these on the conversations side when we moved in...but I'd love to add them to the file.

I love my folding counter--though I'm quick to clutter it up

Then the built-ins on the other side of the wall

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dinobambino, thanks for adding your pics here. Looks great, and you have an office too!

Fairytale, thanks for adding your pics. What a wonderful laundry room you have! Pretty washer and dryer.

Laundry rooms have come a long way, haven't they? Here are some more...

• oceanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here are a few more...

HGTV Dream Home:

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

• kitchendetective
    15 years ago

What the mudroom bench looks like on any given day:

{{gwi:1538952}}

• kimmieb
    15 years ago

• JoAnn_Fla
    15 years ago

Those are really nice, the one with the big orange flowers, it that paint or some stick on? I have a very small laundry room I'd like to redo, any ideas?

• haley_comet
    14 years ago

They are actually stick on flowers Joann. I have seen similiar stickers at Home Depot or Rona or probably at Lowes if you are in the U.S.

• golddust
    14 years ago

Oh how funny re: cat in dryer. I actually had my cats who raised my two new, Dr prescribed puppies and my cats worked it out! They were great dogs, thanks to my cats, who took over their upbringing. (Not that I generally obtain animals this way but my child's counselor, who sucked but I didn't know that at the time because they were recommended by the adoption agency), made a *strong* request on behalf of my needy child. I had to acquire dogs to make up for the large house we live in. He couldn't be alone. ( MY SON NEEDED IT! DONE!) That advice sucked for our son because it didn't work but gave the dogs a great and wonderful life. They brought joy to a complicated life while doing their share at absorbing our budget.

• kcthatsme
    14 years ago

Here's a few more that I have in my inspiration folder.

• User
    14 years ago

What do you do when you don't have space for a mudroom, but need one all the same? How about converting the hall closet! Our intent was to make it look like an actual room. So we decided to take off all the door hardware and build the entrance to look like it was a pass through to a room. We laid hardwood flooring, and have a black rug under the bench. The baskets (magazine racks from IKEA) fit perfectly on each side to hold winter ware and what not's. There is a boot tray under the bench and we painted the board that held the closet shelf to look like chair railing and it was the perfect height for the coat hooks. It's small, but functional, and we love it.
    {{gwi:1538974}} {{gwi:1538975}} {{gwi:1538976}}

• sallen2008
    14 years ago

oceana, where do I find the furniture style laundry sorter? Beautiful!

• ms-thrifty
    14 years ago

laundry room-

• catkin
    14 years ago

I love these rooms! I'm especially smitten with all the mouldings---some day! :~)

• superlady
    14 years ago

I love these rooms! Great inspiration.

• 2ajsmama
    14 years ago

lukkiirish - Where do you keep all your coats since you converted the closet?

I have a huge coat closet in the front hall, now that I have taken the French doors we had stored there out and actually *hung* them on the LR, I am going to move all our coats out of the mudroom/laundry closet so that I can use it for hanging clothes (ones that need to drip dry or need to be ironed), since I have no room over the W/D except for very short things. That closet also happens to be my broom (vacuum) closet too though - guess I'll have to devote a section of the front coat closet to those too.

We have a bench and a pegboard in the mudroom squeezed between the chase for the ductwork and the kitchen door. I really hate our narrow space leading to the garage - they made the space for the W/D too wide, I really could use the extra room on the non-hinge side of the door since everyone scrapes the wall with backpacks trying to get out before the door is fully opened. With 4 people going in and out and putting on/taking off shoes in an app 5x4 area in front of the bench (but out of the door swing), we tend to have traffic jams.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sallen, sorry, I don't know. Google "laundry" and snoop the web, and good luck!

Catkin and Superlady -- glad you're enjoying the pictures. :o)

Here are some more ideas for ya...

Old entertainment center went from this:

---> To this

• oceanna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oops! Sorry for the reprints. I accidentally crossed a wire in my files...

Here are some more to make it up to you...

• igloochic
    14 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but I wouild love to have a laundry room where you can't see the washer and dryer :) The eye candy teaches you a lot...I see hiding the machines is going to be my first priority!

• User
    13 years ago

I wanted a mud room in the worst way but had no space for one. Since we always use the garage entry I came up with the idea to convert the closet by that entry into a mud room. We removed the bifold doors & built in the entry with molding. I found those baskets and hung one on each side. Then we hung crown molding & used the board that supported the self as railing for the cost hooks. There's a boot tray on hidden on a black rug under the bench. So when you look down the hall, this just looks like a room not a closet. We don't miss the closet at all and use this space all the time now.

Molding detail:

• oceanna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Likkirish, what a darling mudroom! Thanks for posting it.

• oceanna
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are some more cute laundry room pics:

• oceanna
    Original Author
    12 years ago

• emagineer
    12 years ago

bump

• rainy5
    11 years ago

some great Ideas. Thanks!

• nikkisloan2405
    9 years ago

Looking for the hanging laundry bags that is in the 10th picture from the top on this page. Does anyone have any idea where I could purchase these???? Thanks!!!

• cupofkindnessgw
    7 years ago

I love the old fashioned-styled laundry rooms. Reminds me of Grandma's farm!