"Dorset Gold"

MaryEllen

Comments (19)

• ranchreno
    17 years ago

SW Convivial Yellow

• patricianat
    17 years ago

you did a great job in choosing. I think that Dorset is perfect for you counters, your floor and the old scheme of things. Congratulations that you got a great color.

• patricianat
    17 years ago

Good Lord, that should have been whole scheme of things, not "old" scheme of things. Sigh. I am too tired from painting walls that look like crap.

• sallymo2015
    17 years ago

SW Harvest Moon

{{gwi:1538618}}

• redbazel
    17 years ago

Sallymo, you make me want to get out my big ladder and start painting the Harvest Moon! So pretty!

• gwendolynne
    17 years ago

I don't think we have pictures of this one anywhere yet...Farrow & Ball "Farrow's Cream" in my living room.

• moonshadow
    16 years ago

bump

• moonshadow
    16 years ago

and another bump (to keep "colors" threads at the top of the page) ;)

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Bump - we need more folks to post gold colors in this thread. :-)

• fnzzy
    16 years ago

I need more golds! I'm looking for something not quite yellow not quite gold too...
    I'm currently looking at valspars Redstone dining room gold. 3006-8a. Maybe that's really a brown??? I consider it more yellow in person.

But I need more pics :)

• tinker_2006
    16 years ago

I found it! (after 20 quart samples later) SW Dromedary Camel or if you need a little deeper, 1 step up to SW Stonebriar. I have the samples, but it is not yet on my walls.. but my eyes tell me it is not too yellow or beige!

• terryinmd
    16 years ago

Bleached oak, an older color from Duron. Homedepot matched it for me in Behr paint.

[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh101/Terryinmd/DSCF0119.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh101/Terryinmd/DSCF0122.jpg[/IMG]

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

terryinmind, Please try to post again the Bleached Oak since I would love to see it and I am not getting a picture.

• parma42
    16 years ago

I'm still messing around with paint samples. Tinker, did you put any of the SW Dromedary Camel on your walls yet and if so, did you like it. Did it have any warmth to it?

I decided it might just be easier to change the color in the great room from BM Wilmington tan/SW Stonebriar to Dromedary Camel. My sample of SW Biltmore Buff said it coordinates with it.

On my Pittsfield Buff thread I said that it was too green and got suggestions to use Powell Buff but that was nearly identical. Still too beige. The formula is almost identical. I really want a tiny bit more yellow.

Thanks

• tinker_2006
    16 years ago

Hi parma,

I just painted a large 2 x 3 board, and I like it. It is definitely not as yellow as SW blond, to me - it is a golden beige, but then.. I guess colors do appear totally different to different people. However, after all my many, many quarts of sample paints, I did narrow it down to SW Dromedary Camel, and that is what will be painted on our new construction - once they get to that point! (it will be a while yet)

• oceanna
    15 years ago

bump

• buddyrose
    15 years ago

I thought I was posting here and tried to upload a photo but it started it's own thread with this thread's title. OOPS. I don't know how to fix it. I'm new to this forum.

• buddyrose
    15 years ago

I'm trying again. This is BM Wilmington Tan in the living room and BM Windham Cream in the dining area.

Here is a link that might be useful: TinyPic

• lislyons
    15 years ago

Bump!