|I just moved into a new house and the family room has a western exposure. There is inexpensive window film on the windows and we are going to replace it, but the company who will be installing it said that we would still need some sort of window treatment because of the extent of the glare.
We love the windows and would like to keep the window treatment as simple as possible. Any shades would need to be motorized. The main problem is the arch of the center upper window. Other than shutters, none of the other types of shades seem to have a product that will work with the eyebrow.
Any ideas you have would be appreciated.
Image link: Western Exposure --correct image (37 k)
|Wow! That's a gorgeous wall of windows! I'm trying to remember the treatments I've seen on HGTV -- Divine Design comes to mind. My guess is Candace would put simple drapes or curtains across the bottom windows and do nothing with the upper ones. Have you talked to more than one company about that glare?|
|I agree, those windows are beautiful. |
We live in Florida and use the window films on all windows. So I also think you should get another opinion on the window film. We used 3M. There are different versions - I think we used the Premier line. It greatly reduces the glare.
|We had 2 quotes on Vista window film, but I have not contacted others. Guess I will do that next. Thanks for your input.|
Return to the Home Decorating Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.