Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mitchdesj2

favorite yellows and golds here

mitchdesj
18 years ago

Just trying out an information thread here so all yellows and golds can be grouped together; whoever wants to contribute can post their picture with brand and name, this could be a reference thread, no need to add comments in between posts.......

I have this gold tone on all walls and ceiings of my main floor; it's a canadian paint brand so not much use here, ( peanut by Sico) and it was brushed on with strokes of white here and there, I have a plaster finish on my walls............................

I'll be looking for a lighter tone soon......

Comments (151)

• redbazel
    15 years ago

I'm bumping this for those who are looking for golds. And those of you whose photos have disappeared, can you post new ones?

Red

• mdc08
    15 years ago

I need to see BM CORK and BM Wilmington Tan. THANKS! :)

• anew
    15 years ago

I rally like your color Kmcg!
    I know you said it was tobacco road, you also said it was laura ashley gold 3. I have a swatch of that paint in my hand right now. Which part of your room is Laura Ashley gold 3? Did you incorporate both colors in the room?
    I'm desperately trying to find a color. I had pretty much my whole main floor gutted, an old house. I've had a deep yellow before on the walls. I seem to be drawn to yellow but I don't want it sooo yellow. I'm just wondering how it is on the walls. This Ashley gold 3 looks like it has more brown to it, which I want.
    How would this color look with medium toned oak 5" floors....do you think.

Thanks for any information!

• haley_comet
    15 years ago

bump

• buddyrose
    15 years ago

I'm new so hope this works. LR is BM Wilmington tan (a warm tan) and back wall with door is BM Windham Cream (looks like buttercream in person).

• woodie
    15 years ago

Would anybody have a picture of BM Straw and Valspar EB Cottage Yellow? Thanks!

• buddyrose
    15 years ago

mdc 08 here's a pix of BM Wilmington tan

and apostgrl: here's BM Windham Cream in the background where the dining table is. Plus the baseboard trim is Windham cream.

Both colors are warm and cozy.

• laurenk88_pa
    15 years ago

bumpety bump!

• haley_comet
    15 years ago

Here is a couple of pictures of BM's DIJON.

Nice warm color.

• charleca
    15 years ago

I've heard a lot of positive threads on SW Blond- however when I painted a sample on an index card- it looks very green. It doesn't look like that in the pics- for those who use SW Blonde- does it look greenish at times?

• rsvlle-nj
    15 years ago

Try Dijon...I have it in my kitchen and living room and it is the most wonderful color. Close to Blonde with alittle more intensity...no green at all.

• haley_comet
    15 years ago

Does anyone have any Bryant Gold?

Thanks!

• azgirl
    15 years ago

We used Blonde. I've never seen any green in it in my home. Maybe it's the lighting?

• lynnettem
    15 years ago

We just painted Ponytail by PPG. Will upload a picture soon.

• lislyons
    15 years ago

Anyone have any pics of BM Philadelphia Cream?

• buddyrose
    15 years ago

First photo is BM Windham cream. It is a very pretty yellow. Next photo is BM Filtered Sunlight. Also pretty yellow. They are a bit different but it's hard to see with the camera's flash.

• Bunny
    15 years ago

My small bathroom is Philadelphia Cream. I loathed it at first, but I'm okay with it now. It's just a bathroom. ;-)

I'd wanted a French vanilla color and it is much more yellow than I'd wanted. In certain light (morning), it has a pleasant creaminess, but at night, it's YELLOW. I wouldn't use it again.

• pumpkin_spice
    15 years ago

Here are a few more examples of Duron Tobacco Road, as mixed by Sherwin Williams:

• pumpkin_spice
    15 years ago

Benjamin Moore Philadelphia Cream. A lovely, creamy yellow during the day, but it gets a bit too lemony for me at night. I plan to paint over it soon.

• moonshadow
    15 years ago

bumping up top for another member to view

• Circus Peanut
    14 years ago

Sherwin Williams' Hubbard Squash on both ceiling and upper walls:

• peachiepie
    14 years ago

Here's my first attempt at posting pictures. The color is Pismo Dune from Behr. Looks nothing like the paint chip, but it's the exact color of yellow that I wanted.

I have been oohing and ahhing most of the day at the pictures and colors here. Yellow is my favorite color. I recently updated my bathrooms. I cannot afford a remodel. I am on a strict and limited budget but I love how they turned out. Here are a couple of pictures of my tiny, yellow guest bathroom.

Peachie

• parma42
    14 years ago

SW Ivoire.

We love it.

• User
    14 years ago

LR
    Walls -BM Shelburne Buff in eggshell
    Ceiling - Ace Royal Navajo White in flat (looks just like BM Navajo White).
    Trim - Ace Royal Ulta White in semi-gloss.

{{gwi:1538570}}

Foyer
    Walls - Color is Vista Mushroom Cream. I had it mixed in BM. Looks a lot like BM Dunmore Cream. Eggshell finish
    Ceiling - Ace Royal Navajo White
    Trim - Ace Royal Ultra White
    {{gwi:1538571}}

• awm03
    14 years ago

sheesharee, I love that hallway color. So pretty.

• readerlearner
    14 years ago

Bump for Rob333

• cookingrvc
    14 years ago

BM HC-12 Concord Ivory

BM 214 Valley View (from the Classic deck)

• Kathsgrdn
    14 years ago

My kitchen in Valspar Butternut Squash

• freckles-n-frills
    14 years ago

bumpppppp...

• kiko_gw
    14 years ago

Here is Serena & Lily's Citrine:

• whitdobe
    14 years ago

Just thought I'd add a couple of colors that aren't shown here.

This is SW Biltmore Buff.

This is SW Concord Buff.

• idie2live
    14 years ago

bump

• lipply
    14 years ago

Just curious what color ceilings did you all love with your golds and yellows?

• debpic
    14 years ago

bump bump!

• leedavis
    14 years ago

Well, those are really amazing. I'd like to imitate one living room design that I saw on the web. Here:
    https://www.decorpad.com/photos/2008/04/11/palmerweiss1.jpg
    Well, I just hope that my friend would be able to capture the freshness and clean ambiance of this one. We hired a painter to do the job.

Here is a link that might be useful: boston painting

• User
    13 years ago

bumping for page one accessibility

• png4eva
    13 years ago

Hi, I'm new here but absolutely love this forum. Everyone is so helpful. I have a question: I'm considering SW White Raisin for most of my downstairs living area (LR, DR, FR, Kit..). I want a nice golden yellow (not tan). Can someone posts pics of White Raisin if they've used it? I went to the Sherwin Williams store and they no longer stock the sample chip of this color.

Other colors I'm considering are:
    SW Restrained Gold
    BM Chestertown Buff

• png4eva
    13 years ago

Sorry, I meant SW Blonde, not Restrained Gold.

• User
    13 years ago

My favorite yellow is one I've used in two (soon three) kitchens, a study (sponged over white), and a lap sided enclosed back porch. Oh, and two bedrooms. Different houses.

It is Behr's THREADED GOLD in latex enamel, either flat (in the study), or semi gloss (in the kitchens) It is a very soft and earthy yellow ochre color.
    Some pics:
    {{gwi:358798}}
    {{gwi:358797}}

Here is a link that might be useful: MoccasinLanding River House Kitchen

• moonshadow
    13 years ago

bump

• lilycharm
    13 years ago

I'm halfway through painting my kitchen BM Harp Strings. Will post pictures when finished.

• B H
    13 years ago

BUMP

• charina74
    13 years ago

Here is Valspar, Pale Gold 2 by Laura Ashley. Nothing on the walls yet and much more yellow than I expected but others have called it "Off white" or "Butter Cream" when they are in my house. I don't see that though.

• kraines
    13 years ago

Has anyone used Sherwin Williams Biltmore Buff? I am thinking about using it for my den.

• bama12
    13 years ago

Any pics of S. Wms. Humble gold...??

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    12 years ago

Here's a pic of my kitchen done in BM Straw Hat. It took a few trials, but this works with the brown/gold/black granite, black slate floor, and glazed biscotti cabinets. Still need new window treatments.
    A reminder, when you post a pic to the gallery, please don't remove it from your online photo hosting website, or it will disappear.

• emagineer
    12 years ago

bump

• arbpdl
    12 years ago

So glad I found this thread, gold is so hard. :(

I've used BM Ivorie and Blonde in past projects and always found them a bit yellow. I just did my bedroom, don't remember the color but looked gorgeous on the card, and it's too orange on the walls. My boyfriend's house has three different golds and I hate all 3 - not in his house necessarily, but not what I want. One is yellow, one is orange and the other, well, I don't know, just don't like it.

I am on a tight budget and really don't have extra $$ to waste on a dozen sample pots, though if I can narrow it down to just 2 or 3 I'm sure it's worth that route rather than hating the color.

Restrained Gold is lovely, but in my previous home I chose Fairmont Suite Gold over it (Lowes brand). Loved the color there, and it was with the same odd color leather sofa I am still using, but it was a huge house, very open with lots of light. The townhouse I'm getting ready to paint and move to is very small, no natural light, ugh. I really need lighter, but still gold without going yellow.

Which of your GOLDS would you recommend that are on the lighter side without looking yellow or peachy?

• HU-495216098
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Benjamin Moore Dorset Gold